What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Actually it was yesterday, but picked up a bottle of WT101. I've been enjoying it at bar gigs, and now have a bottle at the house. I mostly drank it neat on gigs (though the bar I played at last night made me their house 7-up-ified sweet Wisconsin OF's using Turkey 101...interesting spin on what should really be called the Cheesehead cocktail or something.) I just made an Old Fashioned using Robert Hess's recipe...outstanding! (I did add a couple drops of Fee's orange bitters along with the regular Angostura...works well.)

I'm just a bourbonewbie, but I'm starting to add bottles. Where to hide my stash.... :D

Well I couldn't wait till I got home. bought a bottle of blantons today! Joe

I saw a bottle of Old Charter Proprietor's Reseve today, it was on a bottom shelf and I could tell if it was a "slope shoulder" or not.

So I picked it up and there was a WLWeller Centennial behind it.

Of course I bought it.

Got a couple of goodies today.

A Wild Turkey Tribute, the Japanese export, 15yo 110prf.

And

A Wild Turkey 1855 Reserve

Batch No W-T-10-92

110prf

NAS

That gives me 31 different Turkey labels.

I'm gunning for you HighTower.:grin:

I still need a Freedom, Stampede, Heritage and two others whose names escape me now.

One has what looks like platinum on the lower part of the bottle.

And the other one looks like a big perfume bottle with an indented circle in the middle where the label is.

Platinum would actually be pewter, the 17 year, and the indented circle would the Legend Single Barrel (see centered in photo, sorry about the others as I didn't feel like moving everything); therefore making me wonder if you have the regular issue Legend?

I used to have 3 Heritages now I am down to 2 and will soon have an extra Legend SB, I won't say I can't be talked out of the extra(s) but it is pretty doubtful.

And good luck catching Scott, I just don't see it happening, he's King Turkey!

post-1291-14489815479708_thumb.jpg

Well, it wasn't today but this past weekend while in Fort Worth. I picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace. Its sad that I have to go to TX to buy this; its not yet available in OK.

I saw a bottle of Old Charter Proprietor's Reseve today, it was on a bottom shelf and I could tell if it was a "slope shoulder" or not.

Of course I bought it.

The suspense is killing me...was it a slope shoulder? :grin:

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Nope, not a "slope shoulder".

I didn't buy it and now I wish I did.

We are finally able to purchase Four Roses in Kansas City, MO., and I bought a bottle of the small batch. Me likey......:-). I think I'll try the single barrel next.

I purchased three bourbons and a TN whiskey.

Lot B

OGD 100

Old Forester

Dickel No. 12

I've never had any of these before, and I'm looking forward to trying them, especially the Lot B.

We are finally able to purchase Four Roses in Kansas City, MO., and I bought a bottle of the small batch. Me likey......:-). I think I'll try the single barrel next.

They sell Four roses in MO now? I jump the border and buy a lot of my bourbon in MO, this is great news.

Long time reader...first time poster.

Went to the local beverage store to get myself a wheater (Weller SR 7/90)...and found something else.

Eagle Rare 10/101, the old stuff not in the pretty bottle, which i have heard rave reviews and that it is out of production.

So i got one to try and there is 4 still on the shelf waiting patiently for me. Only problem is, when I buy them, central Indiana will no longer be graced with this fine pour.

Kevin,

Welcome to the board. Those ER 101 will look real nice in your bunker.

Will

3 bottles of PVW 15. I really wanted 20, but couldn't find it and the bottles of 23 were over my budget at around $240 each.

A 200 ml of WT101 that quickly disappeared since I'm stuck in a hotel room in Blakely, GA...will be stopping by Columbus to "see what's available" on the way back to Auburn, AL tomorrow...

Of course I bought it.

Nope, not a "slope shoulder".

I didn't buy it and now I wish I did.

It must be destiny.

I saw another OCPR today and I did not pass on it.

Also I failed to mention that last Monday I picked up another 2007 BTAC WLarueW, my favorite of the four Larue's.

Waiting on a Wild Turkey American Spirit, and Old Portrero Rye and an 18yr Ron Botran Rum......cummmmooonnnn UPS!

I picked up the last bottle of Wild Turkey American Sprirt. The best part is it only cost me $46. After a 10% discount and a gift card from last Christmas. It came a cool wooden box That I'll use long after the Whiskey is gone.

Nice score Tim, and it's not even turkey hunting season yet. :lol: Joe

Nice score Tim, and it's not even turkey hunting season yet. :lol: Joe

Every Friday is turkey hunting season :grin:

Every Friday is turkey hunting season :grin:

I stand corrected! :grin: Joe

Four Roses Small Batch gift set on sale for $26.99

Crown Royal Special Reserve for $29.99

I have a 15% off coupon for next weekend...Pappy 20year, Pappy 15 year ,VW Lot B, and Russell's Reserve on the list.

One of my employees went to Japan and I asked her to see if she could find any Four Roses, Asian style. She brought back ....

post-1854-14489815481255_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.