What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just grabbed a bottle of EWSB 1999. After my unpleasant experience with the bottle of 1998 I bought, I'm looking forward to trying this one.

I just picked up a bottle of jeffersons Ky straight bourbon. Also I live in Virginia and it is a control state but I just found out I can special order something not normally carried so I put my first order in for a bottle of VW lot B. I have not had either of these yet. The jeffersons was on sale and I have heard good things on the lot B.

I had to drive clear down to Houston to get it, but I picked up an Old Forester BIB 1.75 from 1983 that I left in Korea town a year ago. I got lucky and it was still there. This stuff is so good and much older than the 4 years stated.

A liter bottle of Old Fitzgerald BIB 1993 was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from lunch today.

:woohoo:

I had to drive clear down to Houston to get it, but I picked up an Old Forester BIB 1.75 from 1983 that I left in Korea town a year ago. I got lucky and it was still there. This stuff is so good and much older than the 4 years stated.
If that's the one I think it is (from USA Liquor #2), I've told a few SB members about it, and I'm glad that someone finally picked it up. There was also a tax-stripped handle of Old Charter next to it on the shelf.

The girls at the office went to lunch and returned with a bottle of Old Forester Signature for me. Five o'clock is gonna come early today.

Don,

That's an awesome find. I have some of that older OFBIB and think it's really terrific stuff.

Restock time for the bunker. Picked up two 750's of Weller SR, and two 1.75's of Weller SR. :yum: Joe

If that's the one I think it is (from USA Liquor #2), I've told a few SB members about it, and I'm glad that someone finally picked it up. There was also a tax-stripped handle of Old Charter next to it on the shelf.

Yes sir, that's the one. I bought one a year ago and the one I left behind has been in the back of my mind since. I live near Dallas and work in Houston occasionally and my motel was less than a mile from there, so I can sleep better at night now knowing it's safe at home.

And the tax strip Old Charter was tempting, but I could go get 10 cases of the same bottles from the 70's in Dallas. It's everywhere up there.

I wanted to get an Old Grand-Dad 114 today but the store was out.

So I got an OGD BIB and an Old Forester Signature.

Same here Oscar, the girls brought me a bottle of Forester Signature during lunch and I made a short walk a few minutes ago to get a bottle of Grand Dad BIB.

I stopped in Greenville Indiana this morning at one of my favorite stores. I can't ever seem to remember the name though... Party outlet - I think, anyway I fondled a bunch of the single barrel bourbons and had a tough time making my selection.

I finally decided on Eagle Rare 10/90 which I have never had before.

I just now cracked it open and my early impression is that I really like it.

I just bought another ERSB today.

Crack is the operative word for me, but lets see how you feel when you get a few more pours in you.

I stopped in Greenville Indiana this morning at one of my favorite stores. I can't ever seem to remember the name though... Party outlet - I think, anyway I fondled a bunch of the single barrel bourbons and had a tough time making my selection.

I finally decided on Eagle Rare 10/90 which I have never had before.

I just now cracked it open and my early impression is that I really like it.

I just grabbed a bottle of EWSB 1999. After my unpleasant experience with the bottle of 1998 I bought, I'm looking forward to trying this one.

let us know how it is.. I picked up the 98 last year and wasn't too impressed.. curious how the 99 might be

Seems like a lot of folks have picked up some Old Forester Signature recently.

I actually just scored 2 bottles. Showed up out of nowhere. First 2 bottles I've seen of it.. had to take both. Pretty great stuff there.

Also picked up a bottle of Rarebreed to add to the bunker, and another RR90.

Also saw the new Rogue Whiskey (guessing it's 100% barley whiskey) .. anyone tried this yet?

No on the Rouge, but their beer is phenomenal.

John says "No Good".

http://blog.maltadvocate.com/2009/01/20/review-rogue-dead-guy-whiskey/

Seems like a lot of folks have picked up some Old Forester Signature recently.

I actually just scored 2 bottles. Showed up out of nowhere. First 2 bottles I've seen of it.. had to take both. Pretty great stuff there.

Also picked up a bottle of Rarebreed to add to the bunker, and another RR90.

Also saw the new Rogue Whiskey (guessing it's 100% barley whiskey) .. anyone tried this yet?

I got home from dinner with the wife and in-laws and apparently I won a Venetian Decanter of OFitz BIB off Ebay....bottled in 1966, my lucky year. Anyway, I bid halfheartedly and won for half of what I saw the last one go for, so no too bad. I didn't mean to win -- it was $44 a little more than I wanted to spend, but I'll try not to complain. That's a real dusty and my first bourbon purchase from Ebay.

post-4198-14489815459508_thumb.jpg

Doing some traveling, on a whim stopped in a small liquor store. Walked out with three old weller 107 / 376 ml and a WLWSR liter all from Louisville and a tax stamp Old Charter 10 year from Louisville. Can't wait to get into the OC.

A few more ORVW 10/107 for the bunker at $27 a bottle. I'm having a nice streak of Van Winkle product price errors here (rang up as ORVW 10/90).

Also a Weller 12 so I can do a side by side against Weller Centennial as well as VBT #196.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.