What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

just got me a bottle of eagle rare ! :grin: first time!

oh man one ice cube and this stuff is Awesome ! thanks for all that told me to try!

just got me a bottle of eagle rare ! :grin: first time!

oh man one ice cube and this stuff is Awesome ! thanks for all that told me to try!

Your welcome:grin:

Hudson Four Grain Bourbon. Very nice. Price was a little high, but had to try it. Will probably buy another bottle when this one is through, it has a very pleasant, distinctive taste..

For my 23rd wedding anniversary, my wife got me a dozen crystal Glencairne glasses from Scotland. So, if you're in town and you come visit me, not only will you have your pick of some fine bourbon, it'll come in a respectable glass.

Greg,

I'll be right over.

As for purchases, I finally found some ER101 yesterday but the search was fruitless today.

Got some EC12, OFitz 1849, ORVW 10/107, and some Old Forester Repeal. This is the first time ive bought any of these, and I haven't tasted any of them before.

Once I got home, I noticed the EC12 cork was kinda falling apart at the bottom, and was worried about the cork taint. I opened it up, pulled the loose pieces of cork off, and tried a bit. It was fantastic, and I am really happy that it doesn't have taint.

E3, Nice pickups. Was this a stop at Binny's? :rolleyes: Hope you enjoy them all. Be sure to post some tasting notes. Joe

Haha, yeah, it was indeed a stop at Binnys. Love the place, I swear its like the holy land for people who love alcohol.

On my first visit to the store, another customer with a cart full of stuff held up a big ole bottle of vodka and proclaimed that Binny's was "Disneyland for drunks." :slappin:

Jefferson Reserve Very old , Very small batch #66. Only picked up one to taste, several more available. I read some good comments, not as good as the older bottles...but what is.

Rob

I look at Binny's website all the time... can't ship here, but I imagine only using cash in there when I travel...in must be dangerous.

Rob

Old Charter 10 year 750ML

Old Charter 12 year 1.75L

Old Charter Proprietors reserve 750ML

2 Four Roses Yellow Label on sale for 9.99 each

W L Weller Special Reserve 1.75L

Wild turkey American Spirit

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 year from Fall of 2006 and a bottle of WT 101.

Old Charter 10 year 750ML

Old Charter 12 year 1.75L

Old Charter Proprietors reserve 750ML

2 Four Roses Yellow Label on sale for 9.99 each

W L Weller Special Reserve 1.75L

Wild turkey American Spirit

Dan,

Nice haul from FL. If you didn't have the OCPR before, then you've added a very nice bottle to your collection. Through coercion, begging, trading, etc., I've managed to bunker 4 bottles. The OC12 is also a nice pick up. I can find those bottles pre-BT in DC every so often and it's really great whiskey.

Dan,

Nice haul from FL. If you didn't have the OCPR before, then you've added a very nice bottle to your collection. Through coercion, begging, trading, etc., I've managed to bunker 4 bottles. The OC12 is also a nice pick up. I can find those bottles pre-BT in DC every so often and it's really great whiskey.

Thanks

I was only in FL for three hours (long story) and had to fly back so I am having what I bought shipped back to me. I did not even look to see if any of the OC was pre BT or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.