What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just bought this 2 very interesting bottles on E-bay recently. One is an Old Stagg 1966-1972. The other is a real bargain. A Japanese bottling of 20 years old bourbon from Michters. I am not sure if this comes from the same barrels as the A. H Hirsch 20 but there is a big chance I would guess. The best thing of all is that it comes at 101 proof. Maybe I come back to these bottles when I get them home.

Leif

post-944-14489815461872_thumb.jpg

post-944-14489815462003_thumb.jpg

post-944-14489815461872_thumb.jpg

post-944-14489815462003_thumb.jpg

The EWSB 1999 final showed up so I got one. Also a WTRB and FRSmB to replace recent "casualties".

Here's a pic of a couple of my recent acquisitions. Both are the 2001 edition of Weller 19, this gives me four total of the 2001, but none from 2002. If anybody happens to have an extra 2002 and wants a 2001 I'd be glad to do a little trade!

post-1291-14489815464122_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489815464122_thumb.jpg

Bought a VW Lot B today - was thrilled to see it in the store. Brings my VW flight to: Lot B 12 Year, PVWFR 15, PVWFR 20, and PVWFR 23. Can't wait to taste the entire flight!

Went looking for some more OFBB 2008. I came up empty; it seems to have come and gone quickly from local stores (sigh).

I was about to come home without buying anything... in fact I made it all the way to my car. Then I slapped some sense back into myself and went back in a bought a bottle of Rebel Reserve

Went looking for some more OFBB 2008. I came up empty; it seems to have come and gone quickly from local stores (sigh).

I was about to come home without buying anything... in fact I made it all the way to my car. Then I slapped some sense back into myself and went back in a bought a bottle of Rebel Reserve

I liked that rebel reserve for the price. I find it veeery similar to the Weller SR.

speaking of which....

Picked up 2x Weller SR and another Lot B for the bunker.

6 Bottles of Woodford Reserve that I found mismarked for $15.95 each...I bought all they had!

Not really a purchase, but on Saturday a couple of friends gave me bottles of bourbon for my birthday, one Woodford Reserve and one Old Grand Dad 114.

I had a great day today. I picked up ORVW 107, ORVW 90, ER 17 08, Hudson 4gr, Hudson baby, Hudson rye, Lot B, Pappy 15, and Pappy 20. The VW spring release lasts only 1 to 2 days on the shelf in this area. There is still Pappy 20 and 23 left. I hope this will last untill the fall release. tim

I had used a WT RR 101 from the bunker so it needed replacing and i also made purchase of a WT 8yo 101 to compare with it. :grin:

Of course I haven't received them yet but yesterday I ordered a ORVW lot B and an PVWFR 20 yr old. A one time purchase more out of curiousity than anything else not something I would buy on a regular basis. Just want to try them out hope I have the pallet to appreciate them. I'll keep you up dated but it may be a while before I crack the 20 yr old open may wait for a special occasion. Then again I may crack it open the night I get it who knows. I've managed to make a WLW last for months.

6 Bottles of Woodford Reserve that I found mismarked for $15.95 each...I bought all they had!

I found another WTRR 10-101 yesterday on the way home. I went in looking to replace my Rare Breed and found the RR instead.

hmmm. i like the sound of that store.

got paid today because of the holiday tomorrow...so i think i shall be picking a few up today. not quite sure what...probably a Weller Antique and maybe one or two others. suggestions off the cuff?

EG, one off the cuffer, that a North Carolina Control State buyer can get, is Virgin Bourbon. 7yrs old, 101 proof, and around $13. I'm convinced it's the same juice as the Old Ezra 7yr 101, which I think is terrific. Both, probably sourced from HH.

2008 George T. Stagg

The bottles kept nagging at me when I walked by it at the store. First there were 3, then 2, then 1. It's the most I've spent on bourbon, but I would have been pissed if someone else bought it. I've never seen GTS at any other store around here.

I got my first D&M American Whiskey club bottling in the mail this morning.

It's Stranahans Grand Mesa, it has a red wine barrel finish.

I probably wont pop it open for awhile.

http://www.dandm.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_663&products_id=11147&cat=spirits

D&M is quite a place... Years ago I was in the Scotch club and did not regret any of the selections. I go down there often, and last time brought back a few bottles. They have not had much bourbon in the past, but I think are getting better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.