What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw it but did not buy it.

An Evan Williams black label 7 year old 1.75 handle.

It is 86 proof, if interested PM me.

Later edit,....

I have a winner!

Thanks for your interest.

Just bought a bottle of T.W. Samuels (80pf)

I usually read a bunch of opinions on a bottle before any purchase, but I havent heard any reviews on it, so i went out on a limb, but at $7 and change, im still pretty close to the trunk.

even though it is a Bardstown (im guessing HH) product, it bears the name of the Founder of MM, so i would assume it is a wheater...

Just bought a bottle of T.W. Samuels (80pf)

I usually read a bunch of opinions on a bottle before any purchase, but I havent heard any reviews on it, so i went out on a limb, but at $7 and change, im still pretty close to the trunk.

even though it is a Bardstown (im guessing HH) product, it bears the name of the Founder of MM, so i would assume it is a wheater...

The Samuels' didn't start making a wheater until Bill Sr. and some of his pals got MM going in the 1960's. The current Samuels' is indeed an HH.

As you may have already discovered, it ain't too good. But hey, it was only $7! Can't complain too much.

About 20 seconds after I hit 'reply to post' I cracked it open and had a sip of it straight, my face probably looked like a high schooler that just got a hold of his dads Turkey for the first time.

I have had a pretty bad head cold/allergies for about a month, so i have only got 'value bourbons' since complexity goes right out the window when the ol' shnozz aint workin'

last week i picked up a bottle of VOB 80pf (also $7 and change), and was blown away, It hits the right notes for me, i love it... i got 2 pours out of it until my brother polished it off. Damn, he was soley a Beam/Jack fan until I learned him better, oh well, 'tis life.

Like I've said before, I always seem to find dusties when I stop on the spur of the moment.

On the way down to Indy today stopped by a small town, off the highway liquor store, and picked up a WTKS with a dark wood top and a bottle of A.H. Hirsch 20 y/o, with red wax on top, "distilled in spring 1974".

Like I've said before, I always seem to find dusties when I stop on the spur of the moment.

On the way down to Indy today stopped by a small town, off the highway liquor store, and picked up a WTKS with a dark wood top and a bottle of A.H. Hirsch 20 y/o, with red wax on top, "distilled in spring 1974".

Good golly miss molly.....Hirsch Red Wax is an awesome fine. Please tell me you picked up for a song.

Nothing. Went looking for OGD 114 that I read about here, but the County store only had OGD 100 and OGD 86, and nothing they had on sale this week interested me.

Good golly miss molly.....Hirsch Red Wax is an awesome fine. Please tell me you picked up for a song.

Yeah I said something similar to good golly miss molly when I saw it on that shelf. In the interest of not pissing off the wife I left it up there when I first checked out. But when we were getting gas across the street I thought to myself, "dude, it's like, the real Hirsch". So after a brief appeal to her I ran across the street in the rain and grabbed it for, yes, a song, relatively speaking. Let's just say it was cheaper than the Pappy 20 next to it.

Yeah I said something similar to good golly miss molly when I saw it on that shelf. In the interest of not pissing off the wife I left it up there when I first checked out. But when we were getting gas across the street I thought to myself, "dude, it's like, the real Hirsch". So after a brief appeal to her I ran across the street in the rain and grabbed it for, yes, a song, relatively speaking. Let's just say it was cheaper than the Pappy 20 next to it.

That Hirsch 20 is some really nice stuff. Congrats on finding it and enjoy

Went out hunting with Tommyboy38 yesterday. At the end of the day I had a Lot B, a liter of WT 8 export, four bottles of Old Fitz BIB from 97, and a tax stamped 200 ml of Benchmark from 1978. Now comes the hard part. Gotta make room for all this stuff in my cabinet. Looks like some rearranging is in order. It's probably a good time to take an inventory too. Between trades, finishing bottles, and getting new stuff, I'm not exactly sure what I have any more. Joe

...... Now comes the hard part. Gotta make room for all this stuff in my cabinet.........

I'm your huckleberry !!!!:grin:

Send some of that stuf to me. I'll store it for ya !!!!:cool:

My buddy just got back from NY so I had him haul me back a 1L OWA.

Not a bad deal for $22. I'm willing to give this juice another shot at that price.

I reckon minis count here. I needed some for shipping samples. one junoir johnson midnight moon one WTRB two WT101 and one fighting cock. Looks like I have some drinking to do:)

Went dusty shopping in Nacogdoches Texas today as I finished with my appointments early...disapointed that I didn't find anything worthy of buying at 4 stores...I did pick up a bottle of ER 17 year though. A buddy of mine called me from a liquor store in MN and they had them there for $53 each...sure beats Binny's price of $67. They also had PVW 20 year for $88...I passed though as I already have bottle in the bunker...will probably pick up another soon.

I went one state over to West Virginia to go dusty hunting today and kind of got skunked. I ended up with a 93 95 and 96 EWSB the 96 was bottled in December so I am guessing it is beam juice. and a old label OF 86.

all the stores I went in to the 96s were from barrel #576. Kind of odd the older ones I found were bured in between all the 96s.

Kind of odd the older ones I found were bured in between all the 96s.

Most retailers don't rotate their spirits. So when you go hunting for a specific date it pays to dig.

Picked up some bottles of Rebel Yell from 1989-90. It was very smooth but not much taste to offer at first but it built up after a few pours and tastes great from an 80 proofer...and I'm pretty sure it's SW...as Duffman says.."OH YEAH!!"

Most retailers don't rotate their spirits. So when you go hunting for a specific date it pays to dig.

Eagle Rare 10/90 - $20.

WLW SR - $14.

Total after tax, under $40... If I go to the liquor store by my house, the ER is damn near that price on it's own.

Brought home some of the Four Roses 2009 11 yr. Barrel Strength, from my trip this week. Really looking forward to giving it a taste.

Brought home some of the Four Roses 2009 11 yr. Barrel Strength, from my trip this week. Really looking forward to giving it a taste.

Looking forward to hearing your reactions. I liked it from the start and have bunkered a couple.

Went to get some aged gouda and picked up a bottle because... well you know.

Grabbed a VG 90 (The Fox). Haven't had this in a long, long time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.