What are you drinking Winter 2009/2010

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After a bracing walk this afternoon through snowy fields under gray December skies, some Ancient Ancient Age (10yo) is in order. Tasty.

Binny's Handpicked

Four Roses Barrel Strength Single Barrel OESK

I like this one, its hot with tons of flavors that last and last. I need to spend more time with this one. Great for an evening on the patio when the weather is clear and 50 degrees outside.

After a bracing walk this afternoon through snowy fields under gray December skies, some Ancient Ancient Age (10yo) is in order. Tasty.

Hopefully, you didn't run across Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley, and Layden!! You'd make Grantland Rice proud, Amy.

:toast:

A particularly crappy day at work dealing with a bunch of upper mgmt drones. Wanted a "comfort food bourbon" to settle me down and change my attitude. Went with good old BT... sort of a "mac & cheese" bourbon.

Revisiting one I haven't had in a while. Everett's bottling of Weller SR. I forgot how different this bottling is. There's a spiceyness to this one that is unusual, to say the least. Some cloves and cinnamon, that provide a bit of a kick on the finish. Definitely not your typical sweet wheater. Good stuff though. Joe

Looks like I am the only one who's been drinking since yesterday.

OK, Four Roses Single Barrel, standard bottle from a recent gift pack, probably the best 4R1B 100prf I've ever had, neat of course.

Don't worry Oscar. I was drinking as well. More Binnys BT, and this will be repeated tonight, as I navigate my way home in the ice storm. :grin:

Nothing like some good bourbon to keep you warm while driving home in an ice storm. :bigeyes:

I'll vouch for Lost Politto's careful habits and common sense. He's an urban creature who uses public transportation to navigate. Now, whether he uses a paper bag or opaque soft drink container, as some of his other fine fellow bus or el passengers often do, I'll leave up to him to reveal.

Baby Saz as I'm helping off and on in the kitchen.

I'll vouch for Lost Politto's careful habits and common sense. He's an urban creature who uses public transportation to navigate. Now, whether he uses a paper bag or opaque soft drink container, as some of his other fine fellow bus or el passengers often do, I'll leave up to him to reveal.

As far as I'm concerned, that would be the only thing I can think of as an advantage to living in an urban setting, or for that matter a town large enough to have a cab company, to be able to drink with abandon away from home.

One of the many things I find urban dwellers not to understand is the impracticality of a 30+ mile cab ride, or sometimes the flat out impossibility of any public transportation home from the bar, when the bar sits in the corner of a corn field off a rural highway.

Saturday, I shoveled snow for 8 hours, add a couple more hours for sledding. Since then, it's been repeat shoveling as snow plow puts more in the drive, and digging neighbors out of the snow. I found a snow boulder in the drive today. I'm boring, it's been standard 4R smallbatch, Jefferson Reserve (just the regular), and Glenlivet Nadurra to get me through the days.

Ahhhhhh WT14 yr from my good buddy Ov and some FR Marriage at teh same time... has a red wine hint to it tonight

It is 50ml killing night... PH 17yr now, the some Staelback 136 proof, and The Fox... if I am able... the last of some JPS Batch 1 (these are all partial 50 mls, not full)

It is 50ml killing night... PH 17yr now, the some Steelback 136 proof, and The Fox... if I am abel... the last of soem JPS Batch 1 (these are all partial 50 mls,not full)

Are you kidding me....:slappin:

either get a secretary to type for you or have an intervrntion !!!!:lol: :grin:

I'm enjoying some RR101 right now. thinking about having some 09 stagg, guess it depends upon how soon I want to go to bed....

Dickel 8 and OC 12 yesterday. I don’t particular like the second one , but I am close to the bottom and I want to finish it of to make room for some new bottles in my booze cabinet.

Leif

Started my holiday vacation last night with the second-best new bourbon of 2009 --- WRMC SO.

Followed up with several pours of Rittenhouse BIB.

This morning I think I was over-(self)served.:coffeedrinker:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!