What are you drinking Winter 2009/2010

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sitting back with a small pour of BT in a rocks glass. Clean oak, and a hint of brown sugar. The first time I had BT was when my wife and I were celebrated our 11 year anniversary this past summer, as good now as it was then.

OCPR slope shoulder while watching the Orange Bowl. It's a nice warmup after clearing the snow.

When I finally got home after a long day at work and two meetings this evening, I opened a bottle of RR 90 that was bought on impulse earlier in the day. Not bad. It's definately helping me wind down.

I jumped the gun a little bit earlier with a post of what I thought was going to be my only pour for the night...I was wrong.

EWSB 98

FR1B, finally available in NH as of this week I believe. Celebrating its arrival with a nice fat pour.

Fruity and spicy with an unbeatable mouthfeel. So classy. Very glad to have some of my very favorite bourbon available in my home state.

Cheers!

FR1B, finally available in NH as of this week I believe. Celebrating its arrival with a nice fat pour.

Fruity and spicy with an unbeatable mouthfeel. So classy. Very glad to have some of my very favorite bourbon available in my home state.

Cheers!

OCPR slope shoulder while watching the Orange Bowl. It's a nice warmup after clearing the snow.

The Big Ten is 3-2 in their Bowls this year.

Congrats to Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin.

I hope the Tide rolls over Texas.

Iowa kicked butt.:cool:

Yeah, Iowa made the Big Ten 4-2, not a bad showing considering the rest of the country thinks the Big Ten sucks.

Northwestern only lost by a few in the last few seconds.

Back on subject, I'm sipping a 2009 George T Stagg with half a teaspoon of water to a shot.

A bit of Jim Beam rye here. Nothing fantastic, but it isn't awful either. It's a bit thin on taste with a nice mellow burn in the back of the throat, but easy drinking nonetheless. At $20 per liter, I haven't yet decided if I will buy any more once this bottle is gone.

Eric

Weller Centennial SB tonight... then some WTKS 2003 time frame... I need to up that 2-3 bottles/month to 6 or so or I will naver drink it all :D ahahah

As Glen Campbell might say, A hearty and delicious pour of Slope Shouldered OCPR, courtesy of the "Wichita Findman". :D

TH Handy next.

The rest of the week is lookin' like a breeze.

Julio's RHF BIB - Bourbon Crusade 2009... graet damn juice baby... the longer this sits, the more I get out of it....

... now add Juilios II, Bourbon Crusade 2008 RJFs to the list tonight...

I preparation of doing an informal WT sampling, I opened a '78 7 yr 86.8 half gallon jug. Great nose, burst of rye flavor on entry but the thing I like best is the oily nature of this bourbon. Something that current bourbons at this proof lack in most cases. The viscosity in the glass is quite nice.

Started with RittBIB. I've now moved on to Old Ezra 101.

The Ritt was GREAT!

I swear the OE101 I used to get was a lot sweeter and smoother. I'm into my second bottle of the batch, and I still feel so. Both did have a fake me out look alike cork. Last time I had the OE101 it had a real cork. Not the greatest bourbon, something to have around the poker table to do shots of.

Have to hit the rack early (0200 alert tomorrow morning) so only one glass of Julio's BT tonight.

Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye, a Christmas gift from my favorite son...He gets the antique pocket watches when I die.

After being in 30 mile per hour winds -12 degree temperatures and blowing snow fighting a stuck gate. I came home took a hot shower, put on my Jammie's and robe turned my electric throw on med high and poured me some WT 101. And read what you all had to say.

A former student of mine gave me a bottle of Henry McKenna SB BIB. It's a real change of pace from my usual, but I like it very much.

im still digging into that Dant BIB, and I added some OWA 107.

Watching the Horns beatdown !!!!

Having some 07 WLW to celebrate the news that Josh's wife is going to have a baby. Cheers! Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!