Show Us Your Stash!!

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Alrighty I will break the ice on this one. Citizens of Bourbonia, it is time to show off! Bust open the Bourbo-Bunker and show us your stash! If it all possible take a mug shot of your bourbon collection and post it on this thread.

Here's mine, I know the shot is fuzzy but I wanted to take the pic where I keep the stuff but the lighting there is shitty. We actually keep it in the spice box they are on top of. Usually I have a nice crystal decanter set on top, but that is empty at the moment (BLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!) anyway I showed mine, now you have to show yours!

TomC

PS thats 29 bourbon bottles in my collection all open, plus one rye (Old Overholt). There is also one empty bottle in the picture, the signed BLANTON'S bottle from BobbyC's cookout.

post-89-14489811122827_thumb.jpg

Great looking stash Tom! I see you've got a Wathens up front, still have to get me one of them. Heard it is great stuff! Well, here are a few pics from my ever growing collection. Most are sealed here, but I have open duplicates/soon to be opened duplicates of most with the rest of my spirits in the bar.

post-87-14489811123034_thumb.jpg

Here's the 2nd pic.. The wall I have these on is about 18' wide... i used PVC fence posts to make the 2nd level of bourbon stand 6" higher than the other... Then i ran 25' of rope light around each level/shelf to illuminate at night. I have more on the other wall but it's mainly various Makers Mark dippings like the NFL set...

post-87-14489811123297_thumb.jpg

you got a regular murderers row along the top shelf there, Hirch, Distillers Masterpiece, Van Winkle, The Antique Collection. . . Color me Jealous laugh.gifwink.gif

TomC

Do they still sell the old charter 13?? I have been wanting one of those. I noticed you have some other 4 Roses bottlings as well, are they much different form the standard Yellow Label??

Tom C

PS yeah, get the wathens, you will love it! cool.gifcool.gif

yeah, they are, but I just might have to have a little of both tomorrow night, and bring the new year in in style!

TomC

Mark, Do my eyes deceive me? Or is that a Bottle of Stagg I see there? Was that hard to find and is there more available?

I don't believe the Old Charter 13 is still made but there are places that still have a few bottles left. There's a place here I found that has a few left and they are below $30 which i think isn't too bad... most other places i've seen have been over $30. The Four Roses are either Japan only or Europe/japan. The Super premium is absolutly great 9that's the one with the pewter looking rose in the middle.. The 2 short bottles are both single barrel four roses.. the left one is the new bottle that's only solf overseas. the one on the right is the old bottle from when it was sold in the US a while ago.

Here's whats left at the moment. I have emptied a couple as of late so the collection is down to 22. Actually there is another Stagg and OFBB not pictured here. I subscribe to Linn's "Drink it Man" Credo, so all my bottles are open. Some are close to needing replacement. Oh well, a man's work is never done grin.gif

post-134-14489811123796_thumb.jpg

BT is still making Charter 13 or so said the tour guide in September. 3 of the Bourbon Heritage collecton bourbon are still available. Fitz, Weller Centennial and Charter 13 ,

Words fail me. A most impressive collection. About 90 bottlings (?) and--from what I can see--all full bottles. I can't imagine a more complete collection of contemporary American whiskey. I am humbled by merely viewing it...not to mention thirsty wink.gif

SpeedyJohn

Mark,

Holy Crap! That sure is a lot of Bourbon! Let me know if you need any help drinking it, and I'll be right over! Happy New Year everybody.

Bob

Thanks Bobby, I didn't recall that being said. I've only seen new bottles of the Fitz around, because (at least on the fitz) the neckband no onger has the Heritage Collection emblem on it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the 'new' ones...

I second that. shocked.gif

If nobody minds me asking, how much moolah is invested in these collections?!?

My stash is about half the size of Jeff's and I thought that was a good bit! blush.gif

Tom, Mark:

Congratulations. This thread is a classic. Eye candy. We should move the entire thread to 'Collectibles'.

When I get a digital camera I'll post pics of my Prohibition era bottles (all sealed, but showing signs of evaporation)! I got a 1902 single barrel rye! So much for single barrels being a new marketing concept.

Cheers,

Omar

Yes, I'm trying to "pull the trigger" on buying a digital camera, too. There are so many to choose from!

I briefly considered posting a list, but it would be lost among all these beautiful pictures.

Tim

Man ... I had to do some heavy cleaning in the garage just to shoot this picture, but I can't think of a motivator that would be much finer!

Here's a shot of about 2/3 of mine. It might shrink a bit tonight as I am conducting a tasting for a small group of friends tongue.gif

Bettye Jo, test your powers of observation. Do you see anything familiar in the picture?

post-3-14489811124217_thumb.jpg

Jim,

A few questions, if I may.

1. What is the bottle with the blue lable, to the left of the EC12?

2. I see you have Old Whiskey River, about which I had nothing good to say in a tasting a while back. Would you care to add your experience?

3. I see only one bottle of George T. Stagg; have you finished the other one already, or is it safely tucked away?

4. Speaking of safety, do you have a safety rail, not visible in the photo, to prevent bottles from jumping to their death in the event of an earthquake?

5. Are the two bottles of WT 12 year-old a recent purchase, which is to say, do you know where I could buy a bottle?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

There is a bottle in that bunch that was at BobbyC's cookout and I literally winced remembering it. Boy was I snakebit from drinkin with Linn that afternoon by the time i got there that night. Its a small wonder I didnt fall down the hill in the rain!! It took all my resources to put the tiniest drop of it in me. . .Now that I am sober I wish I had more to try, as i remember it was quite good wink.gifwink.gif !

Happy New Year Folks!

TomC

I do know that the bottle with the blue label to the left of the ec12 is the 23 year evan williams made for export. I'd hope to get one of them in my collection soon...

Jim,

I'm surprised ya have any left...Did your brother taste it?...

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!