Show Us Your Stash!!

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Absolutely no sorting whatsoever goes on in my house, except to say that they are all stored in the same cabinet. I don't really collect anything that is readily available, so my stash is mostly for drinking. Anyway, Leslie would leave me if I started decorating the house with bourbon frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

"A hundred bottles of bourbon on the wall,

A hundred bottles of bourbon,

Take one down, and pass it around toast.gif

A hundred bottles of bourbon on the wall.

99 bottles of bourbon on the wall,

99 bottles of bourbon,

Take one down, and pass it around ...... yum.gifdrinking.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifdrink.gif

Very impressive collections, guys. I don't think I could keep from opening them, tho.

We posted the pix of most of our collection a few months back, but here are a few more pix of what is currently our "secret" stash - the bottles that are sequestered and/or hidden from view so that the casual guest wouldn't wander into the whiskey room and mix up something like a Diet Coke and Sazerac! Also pictured are a couple of things tht we truly have "bunkered" - inventory for bottles that are open for general consumption.

Here are left to right OFBB Spring 2003, Wathen's 98, Wathen's 01, EW Millenium, IW Harper 15 year, a MM collectible and our latest addition courtesy of my friend who travelled to Paris, Blanton's Special Reserve.

post-553-14489811609548_thumb.jpg

The regrettable "last of" collection - the bottles that make me say "why didn't I stock up while I had the chance?" IW Harper 4 year, WT 12 year, Prichard's, Old Commonwealth and OFBB 2002.

post-553-14489811610546_thumb.jpg

Some commemorative JD gold medal bottles: 1904, 1905, 1913, 1915.

Also, the JD 150th birthday bottling from 2000 at the far right.

post-553-14489811611966_thumb.jpg

Where'd you end up getting the Prichard's Dave? Seems like it is hard to find in KY(?) I've asked some that live there if it is available and either heard nothing or got that they have not seen it...

It's the same bottle we had before - we just took it out of the general consumption display and put it with our heartbreaking 1-2" "last of" bottles.

I THINK we bought it in Gatlinburg TN in February, 2003, but I'm not 100% sure. It may have been before that.

Finally, our minimal minis. We don't really collect minis; these were gifts from friends or family.

I was at a hotel bar in Salt Lake City that had all of those, I thought I had died in gone to heaven - in Salt Lake City!!

• 3 weeks later...

A very elegant presentation.

I especially like the back lighting on the top shelf.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Oops, Picture of Employee of the Month

Ed, you can't fool us. I've seen those "employee of the month" porcelain decanturs on e-bay. You twist off the head and the bourbon shoots out.

All great pics.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!