Show Us Your Stash!!

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good point, I'm still a novice in the tasting stakes & only have about four bottles open at once, the Van Winkles ,Birthday Bourbon & like are being put on hold until I feel I can appreciate them at a later date.

As I mentioned in another post I had a Hirsch 16 yr old when first starting to drink bourbon straight & in retrospect I now probably appreciate Buffalo Trace more than the 16 yr old, so I feel it was a bit of a waste to drink it before I could fully appreciate it. banghead.gif

Not to mention the Higher Tier bourbons are hard to come by down here so most will only be opened once a replacement has been sourced.

But fear not they will be consumed

Reply part two

Another unfortunate thing I am yet to find anyone to share my passion for bourbon or at least anyone close enough to help me drink it.

So its all up to me, a hard task but I will give it my best shot.

You bet its full or should I say half full, its Jim black about 8litres of the stuff, I had the barrel made from an old Beam cask by a local cooper.

Lovely stash tallicaboy.

The question from one Aussie to another is where did you get the Eagle Rare. Was it ordered or brought over, or is it available somewhere here?

The Eagle Rare & Weller 19 yr were all bought in Aus from Burwood Cellars on Toorak rd. Melbourne about two years ago, but I don't think they carry those anymore.

My current collection is (off the top of my head):

GTS 2003 (unopened)

Sazerac 18YO 2001

VWFRR 13YO

ORVW 15YO 107 proof

WT 80

WT 101

WT Russell Reserve

JB white label

JB black label

JB yellow label

Evan williams Single Barrel 1993

Buffalo Trace

AAA 10YO

Rebel Yell

Smokey Jim

Fighting Cock

Jack Daniel no 7

Pikesville

EC 12YO

Bulleit (Just finished)

Have a picture of my holiday tipples - bottles taken to the West coast of England for my holiday last week (Note apart from the JD all were untouched before the start of the week). Apologies for the Scotch wink.gif - I'm still slightly afflicted with a taste for it.

Cheers,

B.

post-575-14489811543428_thumb.jpg

Does the 15YO have the same style bottle ?

It sure does! Here's a pic from the official website of the 15yo. (Left side of the screen)

Taller bottles stand a greater chance of being displayed on the 'top shelf' (which is where Julian's products belong!) grin.gif

Interesting smile.gif

Tell you what though - no matter what the bottle, that drink is so good it brings tears to my eyes smile.gif

Cheers,

B.

I still love this thread! Seeing other people’s stashes/collections is fun. My friend was over some time ago with his new SLR camera and he had a wide angle lens for it so I took a quick shot of my collection... My place is small so it’s impossible to get it from end to end w/o a wide angle... Anyways, here is a more recent shot from wall to wall. Missing are some recent acquisitions, the small batch collection and the boutique small batch collection since they are in another part of the apt.

post-87-14489811544184_thumb.jpg

Looks great Mark. The wide angle lens captures an impressive collection.

Have you tried either of the Old Potrero bottlings.

I've tried the 18th Century Single Malt Whiskey from Old Potrero but not the 19th Century Straight Rye Whiskey. It was a while ago, but I remember it having very scotch like characteristics, aroma included. It is bottled at barrel proof so I tried it with and w/o a bit of water and liked this one better with a little... A unique product but I don't know if I'd pay that price again for it. I've heard good things about the rye and cannot wait to try it as well.

You have way too many bourbons compared to what I have. I am very impressed! bowdown.gif

I have, however, a lot of other types of booze, besides my bourbon collection, and the number of bottles I have are probably more than what you have showing. I am amazed that you can get all those bottles into your small space. blush.gif

I often wondered, if our places (my stuff is in a basement bar of a house) would ever burn down, would they have to evacuate our whole neighborhoods? confused.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

After wondering the same thing, I inquired about a rider on my homeowner's insurance and insured my bourbon. I also purchased some NFPA (Diamond shaped hazard stickers) used to inform firefighters or rescue of the materials in my home. Insurance covers little or nothing for liquor. BTW my rider covers theft as well. (Consumption is not considered theft) I had to have an appraisal and believe it or not, that service is available in Kentucky.

shocked.gif

• 2 weeks later...

gotta keep this thread going...

Why not, it is a fun thread right?! Here's pic 1 of 2 showing showing some older aged bourbon. Very Olde Saint Nick 22, 23, 24 and 25yo. The 25yo says Distilled 12-19-73 and Bottled on 4-29-99. Yep, they are export bottles...

post-87-14489811558096_thumb.jpg

Here's pic 2 of 2... The main one I wanted to show in this one was the Kentucky Vintage. Distilled on 12-6-74 and bottled on 2-16-00. From left to right the bottles are Bulleit Thoroughbred, KY Vintage, BMH 20 and the 'new' Very Old Jeffersons Reserve which is replacing the 15yo Jeffersons Reserve. I must say Thank You to those who helped me in finding the BMH 20 and Bulleit Thoroughbred, you know who you are! Someone also helped me find a BMH 18 so Thank You to you as well! That helped me complete the full set of all the original BMH bottles done by Julian; The 14, 16, 18 and 20 year old bourbons as well as the 15yo rye. It was a long search for those bottles... toast.gif

post-87-14489811558367_thumb.jpg

Usually I can attribute a bottling to HH by either a bottle shape or something but with these I am not really sure. All it says on the bottle is bottled by Olde St Nick Distillery Bardstown KY. Another one of these mystery bottlings I guess lol.gif

those pics are making me thirsty

I don't think I'd have the same self-discipline Mark has to not crack open some of those rarities and try them!!

Mark, have you *EVER* gone wild, come home from a long bender and done something you've regretted!?!? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!