Show Us Your Stash!!

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That question is a thread in and of itself. For me I guess about a 1 1/2 weeks per bottle. Sometimes more, many times less. Depends on what else is going on in my life.

17 empty bottles in the basement, 17 months since I joined the forum. . . . . .hmmmmm I guess I'd say I go about a bottle a month laugh.giflaugh.gif.

TomC

(probably closer to a bottle every three weeks if I include repeated buys)

Tom,

When I finally get a digital camera, I'll definitely get in on this. It's cool seeing all of the great collections everyone has. I'm unfamiliar with the left-most bottle in your stash. What is it?

Bob

Old Commonwealth 10/107 - - - Van Winkle 10/107 bourbon in a pretty bottle.

BLEEE

TomC

Hey Max, Far be it from me ...... and all that, but if that is bourbon with a cork finish laying in those racks, get them sitting on their bottoms or drink them fast. The higher alcohol in bourbon than say wine will cause them to deteriate and will have an adverse effect on the bourbon.

You have created a very inviting layout. Too many of my bottles are literally out-of-sight/out-of-mind.

Just a few questions, if you please:

Are all of the horizontally stored bottles wine?

What do you have in the decanter?

What is the left-most, vertical bottle? Wathen's? Old Charter?

Yours truly,

Dave

From what I see, the bottle on the far most left looks like WL Weller Centennial 10 year.

The bottles on the bottom look very much like wine bottles... One seems very much like the top of a Fetzer bottle.

Its my dad so I can answer one, cause he told me about it. the bottle is Weller Centennial.

Bleee.

TomC

From what Dad has discussed with me, the bottles on their side are all wine and he has the following bourbon at the moment: (though he can feel free to chime in and correct me)

WT 101

Woodford Reserve

Weller Centennial 10 Year/100proof

Knob Creek

BTW I said the same thing when I saw the photo at first!!

TomC

Hey Bob,

Lying in the rack is wine........ Thanks for the info.......

Max

Hey Dave........

Must give credit where credit is due...... my wife Cathy is the one who set this up.... the top shelf is bourbon, with the execption of the decanter, which is Drambue, in the rack are assorted wines and the bottom shelf is Martiniville .......... my wife's prefered drink........ I will pass your compliment on to her.........

Thanks

Max

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a camera! I didn't bother putting in the bottle of VA Gentleman Red Label that's been banished to my refrigerator.

Tommy

post-266-14489811237962_thumb.jpg

That's a fine, quality assortment.

Just think where you'd be without Wild Turkey and Buffalo Trace/Van Winkle!

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Very nice! That picture is a veritable "who's-who" of SB.com favorites!

How'd you get Stagg in Richmond!?

drink.gif

I think he got it here. I know, I have a sick way of remembering posts!

Doh!!! And that was even a reply to MY question! banghead.gif

I keep having illusions of there being some secret, easy way to get Stagg in the Commonwealth. Ain't gonna happen I guess. skep.gif

I’m afraid I am one of those that have not yet gone the route of digital cameras. So here is what I happen to have on hand at the moment (in text mode):

Maker’s Mark

Jim Beam White

Jim Beam Black

Jim Beam Choice

Jim Beam Rye

Bookers

Wild Turkey 101

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20yr.

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year (107 proof)

Twisted Spoke Bourbon (16 year, 105 proof) (Van Winkle product)

Elmer T. Lee

Evan Williams Single Barrel 1990

Very Very Old Fitzgerald (12 year)

Old Forester (86 proof)

W.L. Weller Special Reserve (7 yr)

Old Whiskey River (Willie Nelson)

Twisted Spoke Bourbon (16 year, 105 proof)

George Dickel No. 12

Jack Daniels Black

Todd

• 1 month later...

cool.gifcool.gifBourbon Festival time has ome and gone, which means the old stash has swollen once again. Now it is time to share that joy will all of you my friends! (Too bad I cant actually send you all a drink, BooHoo!).

Tom ( wink.gifwink.gifProud owner of a <font color="orange"> 0.049 KiloBottle</font> stash! wink.gifwink.gif) C

post-89-14489811284294_thumb.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!