Maker's Mark 46

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't think it has been oficially released. Probably late spring, early summer Jimmy.

Joe

:usflag:

I don't think it has been oficially released. Probably late spring, early summer Jimmy.

Joe

:usflag:

I bet none of you have blinked since Saturday, and you're talking in monotone.

"Maker's Mark 46 is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful bourbon I've ever drunk in my life."

(Actually, that does sound like Chuck's review!)

Looking forward to trying it when it gets to New England.

Word I heard was June. That was from someone lower on the food chain at MM.

Being the shy bashful type that I am

:slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: Now that's funny!

Gary

Well MM 46 has made the MI DLEG list @ $35.96, about $9 over the regular MM. Should be worth a try. Of course making the list means we won't actually get any until Oct, 4-5 months after everybody else :skep:.

TJ

I was just there today. Earliest release looks like early July. The whiskey is ready but the bottles are coming by boat from Columbia, so no one will feel confident about stating an actual release date until the bottles arrive.

Of course making the list means we won't actually get any until Oct, 4-5 months after everybody else :skep:.

TJ

You took the words right outta my mouth my Brother.

Last Tuesday I spent the day at Maker's Mark, learning all about 46. I'll be writing more about what I learned here and other places, but here are a few things that tie in with topics already discussed in this thread.

One is the release strategy itself. Much like with movies, Maker's Mark 46 is being teased long before its release. They don't even have the bottles yet. Some people have said June, the word from Kevin Smith last week was July. We'll see.

A few people are getting a chance to try it, but so many people won't get that chance until Summer that it's getting hard to talk about it.

They are regarding this as their first new product in 50 years. Some people will feel compelled to name the other Maker's iterations that have been sold over the years. I don't know how to persuade you that this is different.

This is not intended as a limited edition. It might be if it doesn't fly, but the intention is for it to be a permanent line extension.

The finishing staves are French but not Limousin Oak. The wood is from the north of France.

Most companies use line extensions to attract new customers. Maker's was more concerned with making something their current customers would like.

Not comprehensive, just a couple of quick thoughts.

This is not intended as a limited edition. It might be if it doesn't fly, but the intention is for it to be a permanent line extension.

I'm glad to hear this. While I'm not the biggest fan of their regular expression, I do think the 46 is much better. If it is priced around $30 I'll definitely buy a bottle.

I can't imagine it not being a success though, I really think that the first few batches will fly off the shelves.

Now you're just teasing us Chuck. :banghead: Just kidding. I can't wait to get a bottle of this stuff. I got to taste it at the gazebo thanks to Dale. I like it. Thanks for sharing all your info about it, and keeping us updated. Much appreciated. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next update. Cheers! Joe

Those are the same bottles that were sold at the Ambassadors events, I now realize, so there are actually quite a few out there.

To those ambassadors who bought bottles, they meant for you to drink it, really.

Those are the same bottles that were sold at the Ambassadors events, I now realize, so there are actually quite a few out there.

To those ambassadors who bought bottles, they meant for you to drink it, really.

Total is reported to be 1250 bottles.

I just spoke with Maker's Mark Master Distiller Kevin Smith today about Maker's 46 . He tells us that the finishing process will be another few weeks and it should be released nationwide in July.,

I invite you to view the full story with updates and the Maker's 46 tasting video interview did we did with him - http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/05/12/makers-46-release-kevin-smith-master-distiler/

Cheers,

Tom

Close. Mine didn't have the sample label.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped at my local liquor store on the way home today just to check and see if they had anything new and/or different. :skep: SOS, but........ there was a distributor there from Southern Wine And Spirits checking stock and placing orders. I asked him about the MM 46. He said that at this time, it's scheduled for a July 1st release here in the Rockford area. Joe

I was selling at a bar yesterday and a rep from the distributor that distributes MM was selling the owner on some other spirits and she mentioned it to him and also said it was going to be in "limited quantities".

I see that it is in the MI book but they'll put stuff in the book that they won't have in the warehouse for weeks.

I did stop at a retailer today and ordered two bottles.

• 3 weeks later...

Contacted MM about this and they have no plans to release it on my shores, guess I'll go without. Might just buy some normal MM and put a few light oak chips in it!

Picked up a couple of bottles in...Michigan this weekend. I like it.

Exactly what did you pick up?

Yeah spill the beans Bucky! I have yet to see it on any shelves around here.

Goodrich's Shoprite in Lansing had it last week when I was there. I didn't get any, I think they wanted about $41 for a bottle.

Hey Jon, what did it run there in Michigan?

I checked a store today and was told the distributor is saying tomorrow, but they said that very skeptically as they followed it up with, "but they don't even know the price yet." So I am not too optimistic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.