Jefferson's Reserve Presidential 18

onmytrack
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There's a place here that has several bottles of either Batch 1 or Batch 2 on their shelves. The $84.99 price tag is just a bit too high for me. I bought a couple of bottles of Batch 1 when it first came out at $16-$17 cheaper. I liked the JRPS 17, but not at $84.99.

Joe, agree 100%. I have seen the 17/18 as low as $59.99 from online retailers in the past when everyone was flush with it. Problem is that the batches vary so just buying one that you have not tasted could be problematic. Batch 1 was IMO one of the best... so a no brainer when you see one... at a reasonable price that is..

I have seen some Batch #7 of the Jeff 17 in a local that 'appears' to now be down to the last bottle. After keeping an eye on it for about the last year, I have noticed they never keep more than 4 on the shelf at a time. The single has been sitting there a few weeks now. In the past every time I thought there was only 1 or 2 left, I would notice there would be 3 or 4 on the shelf at my next visit.

Another sign it may be the last one, the price was changed from $93 to $99 of late. I notice that happening a lot with the premo bottles. When they get to low inventory, the price rises accordingly. :hot: Guess I cannot get too riled with the store...he did save me a Pappy back in December. If he gets any on this spring release, I am hopeful again as a loyal customer. Now I am wondering about the price to expect though (?). Nobody seems to be asking that Q on facebook. Either there is no concern - "buy it at any price", or everyone expects it to be the same as the fall prices. I am always skeptical though in the supply/demand ratio picture.

I digress into another thread. Back to JPR....I wasn't much interested in it @ $93...be it S-W or not. Now that it appears destined for >$100 as supply dwindles, I am definitely out of the market.

There's a place here that has several bottles of either Batch 1 or Batch 2 on their shelves. The $84.99 price tag is just a bit too high for me. I bought a couple of bottles of Batch 1 when it first came out at $16-$17 cheaper. I liked the JRPS 17, but not at $84.99.

I agree. I bought a few when they first came out, but now that the price is climbing past $70, it has gone past the point where I think it is worth it. That said, I am one of the many that PM'd cigarnv, because I do think it is a great buy (especially batch #1) under $70.:lol::lol:

I've seen the 18 @ $79.99 and the 17 @ $69.99 locally in ATL in the last 3-4 weeks.

Any news on this. Is Jefferson holding a lot of this and now starting to discount to unload?

Makes one wonder what else they have in the pipeline although I can't imagine they have much more SW juice.

I've seen the 18 @ $79.99 and the 17 @ $69.99 locally in ATL in the last 3-4 weeks.

Any news on this. Is Jefferson holding a lot of this and now starting to discount to unload?

Makes one wonder what else they have in the pipeline although I can't imagine they have much more SW juice.

The local retailer has JPR 18 as single barrel picks, not small batches. They are priced at $87.

Seen any other single barrels at retail? How unusual is it?

The local retailer has JPR 18 as single barrel picks, not small batches. They are priced at $87.

I was told some time back by a store round these parts that he was going to be getting a single barrel in. Thought it was going to be sometime in the spring.

We'll have to wait and see.

B

I bought a bottle of the 17 when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Have a few pours left. Just pulled the trigger on a 6 pack of the 18 for the restaurant. If it's good, I'll purchase 2 for myself. Wholesale price in GA is 75$ plus tax. So if u see it for $79 in GA, it's a good price.

Are you sure it is a "single Barrel"? The private selections I have seen were still "hand Selected Batches".... Did you read "single Barrel" on the label?

The TPS selection is defintely a single barrel and has the barrel number on the custom label.

BTW, Jay picked a really good one.... Much better than the other 17s and 18s that I've tried.

Bought a bottle of the 18 year a few days ago. Put down a bottle of the current PHC and went with this instead.

Anyone know what the batch number is on the stuff TPS currently has?

I will be down there in the next day or so. I will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the batch number is on the stuff TPS currently has?

What I bought a couple weeks ago was barrel D-54

From Jon at TPS......

"It is batch 26. And the rumors are, that this will be the last we see of it. We were hoping for a kick-butt 19year old release, but we've heard something about them blending the remaining stocks."

TPS had both the standard Jeff 18 batch and a single barrel selection (barrel D-54 as noted below). I know because I tried both at a tasting when they were introduced. They may be out of the single barrel ( it's no longer listed on their web site).

From Jon at TPS......

"It is batch 26. And the rumors are, that this will be the last we see of it. We were hoping for a kick-butt 19year old release, but we've heard something about them blending the remaining stocks."

so there will be at least another release - possibly 19 years old?

Cracked a batch 31 yesterday. Really nice nose. Flavor was great right out of the bottle with lots of nice changes in the first 5 minutes. Potential. Definitely not over oaked like some of the batches have been accused of being. I'll buy two so I can save one.

Cracked a batch 31 yesterday.

So much for batch 26 being the last.

Joe :usflag:

Just picked up a Batch #12 for $90. They said they had another case in back (not sure what the Bacth # is on those). They said they purchased all their distributor had. I've never tried this before, but looking forward to tasting it tonight.

Steve

As I finished the last glass of mine I noticed the Batch..it's #27. It got better over the two months the bottle was open. Good stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.