What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up my first bottle of EC 18 today. I am really enjoying this, especially for $39.99. Barrelled on 6-21-91.

Picked up my first bottle of EC 18 today. I am really enjoying this, especially for $39.99. Barrelled on 6-21-91.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

They say Parker intends for all of his bourbons to have a little water added to it.

Can you guys tell I'm ready for winter to be over? :cool:

I'm right there with you, nblair! It's sunny and mid-50's today and supposed to be sunny and mid-60's this weekend down here in Atlanta. I'm sure there will still be some very cold days, but I think this is the sign that Spring isn't too far away!

Had a friend up in Utah recently and was kind enough to bring this back for me. No bourbon tonight, just rye.

post-2038-14489817108992_thumb.jpg

Following up the Julio's OWA 2010 with some Lville WSR from 95...man o man is this stuff good! I wish they still bottled it like this! :(

Elijah Craig 12 YO that I purchased yesterday. This is by far the best bottle that I have ever had and I have sipped on EC 12YO of and on for numerous years.:drinking:

Sipping on some McKenna SB neat. Barreled 1/25/99. It's been a while since I visited this pour. Tasty bits of toffee, cream and vanilla with a pleasant semi-sweet finish with enough burn to last to the next sip. I can't quite put my arms around it to describe it in better detail... But, this is one tasty bourbon.

Couple glasses of ORVW 107 and now having a Weller 12. Nothing on TV tonight... No hockey, no football so just good bourbon and Bill Burr podcast! Happy days.

After my second 14+ hour travel day this week due to United's incompetence, I'm rewarding myself with some GTS

Finished the night with some Weller 12 and ORVW 10/107...15% off day at Binny's today so I think I'll grab a couple more bottles of ORVW 10/107 for the bunker...one can never have too much of a very good everyday pour! ;)

Finished the night with some Weller 12 and ORVW 10/107...15% off day at Binny's today so I think I'll grab a couple more bottles of ORVW 10/107 for the bunker...one can never have too much of a very good everyday pour! ;)

That's a great deal and an excellent daily drinker. We don't even get the 10 year here, not sure why as all the others make it up. From what I gather there was lots of it to go around last release.

Went to a Hy-Vee bourbon tasting with a buddy last night. Very cool. Tried 13 different things! Tenessee whiskey first, blind, JD and Dickel 12. Then White Dog. Bourbons were Kentucky Velvet, Weller 7, OWA NAS, WT 101, OGD 100, WTRB, MM46, Bookers, Bakers, and FRSmB . Mind you, these were all thimble fulls.

With our whistles wet we took advantage of the 10% in the liquor department, went back to his place and had pours of Fighting Cock, Sam Houston, and ER 10. Amazingly enough I preferred the FC over the other two. That is a tasty bourbon for a tasty price!

Just followed up with a 2010 OF BB... man this stuff is not my cup of tea... some real off flavors at the back. The Beam was much better...

I stopped by a fellow SB'ers place today to meet the new addition and he cracked open a 2010 WLW for us to gnaw on a bit. I didn't get the heat that some others have reported and a tiny splash of spring water smoothed out any proof rough spots. It's a delightful pour and I'm glad I was able to bunker a few.

Now I'm relaxing with the Rolex 24 on the tube and a pour of the Curtis/Hightower FRSB at my side.

Bourye, a mingling of a bourbon and two ryes. Not bad, but somehow I expected more.

Gary

Taking a page out of Gary's book, but not nearly as adventurous...just a pretty basic vatting (I also think Bob did this same thing a few weeks ago).

Picked up a mini Basil Hayden at Liquor Barn today and doing 50/50 with OGD 114. I think it's tremendous. It brings out a little more sweetness in the OGD, but you still retain that nice finish that is non-existent on the BH. It's 97 proof and worth every penny. I figure if I pick up an OGD114 for $23.99 and a Basil Hayden for $32.99, it's less than $30 for each bottle of this concoction. I'd recommended it.

Four Roses SB, warehouse KE and barrel 7-3Q

I find the single barrel to be dangerously enjoyable. I'm noting the warehouse/barrel because this bottle is exceptional. Very well rounded. Maple, spices, and rye. It's a very warming whiskey, full of maple cream and spices. I get raisins in the taste as well. I managed to find one more bottle from this barrel, which I'm happy about, but when I went back to find more the bottles on the shelf were from a different warehouse/barrel. I wish I had gotten a case of it!

I just had my first pour of ETL. I'm disappointed, not at all what I expected. Maybe a few more tries will change my mind, or I'm sending it to the pile of "mixing" whiskies.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!