What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ETL tonight while working on a strategic planning brief...man I can't wait to jump out of airplanes and shoot stuff again.

I had OFBB 2010 before dinner yesterday and Stagg 2010 after. The first finally opened up and tasted very well after having been a bit restrained the first 2 times I tried it. The Stagg seem very promising indeed. Lots of chocolate in the vintage as it seems so far after just 2 small pours out of the bottle.

Leif

Was drinking some ETL last night and looking forward to opening my first bottle of Thomas H. Handy tonight!

Just, the littlest, nicest, pleasantest, whiskey you ever could want. Four Roses Yellow Label. Just $15 in my neck of the woods. I'm thinking....but, I can't come up with a current release 80 proofer that I like better...

Going with what I have open. 82 Old Fitz BIB, and a tax stamped ND Old Taylor. The Old Fitz is now history. Might hang on to the Old Taylor awhile. :grin: (Re: What's Open On Your Bar?) :rolleyes: Joe

My two new years resolutions were as follows: run my second marathon and to finish all of my open bottles at the bar before I opened a new one. So... As fishbowljoe stated, I'm going with what I have open, blantons SB. It is oh so smooth and delicious.

Enjoying some Weller SR and feeling better about not buying the $34.99 bottle of EWSB 2000 that I looked at this afternoon.

Having some Buffalo Trace tonight. Just got it Monday and when I tried to open it the cap snapped off the cork. Thirty years drinking bourbon and this is the first time that has happened. Thankfully I had some wine corks by Zyliss in the drawer.:rolleyes:

EWSB 1990. Tasted a bit flat when I opened the bottle, but after a couple of weeks is fleshing out nicely. Back label is smudged, but it's either barrel number 60 or 68.

WLW 2008 as a nightcap after drinking only beer this evening. As I only have had 2 pours out of the 2010 expression its hard to know what’s going to happen father down the bottle, but so far the 2008 is very much better to my personal taste.

Leif

Time for my first taste of Buffalo Trace. All the stores around me have been sold out, and my local one just got a shipment today!

Baby Saz......as I'm waiting on my ham and beans to heat up and the cornbread to come out of the oven.

Sitting in front of the fire with my wife, sipping on some 99 WTKS Pewter Top and watching the Bachelor...:puke:

OGD 86 PF... ND... power is out and lots of snow.... so might as well have a few pours

Oh, that sucks. Our power dropped out for about 5 secs and then came back on. I'm looking at about a foot of snow on the back deck while sipping on a R/E 6 at 107.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!