What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cooking dinner for the family, while sipping away on a newly purchased Buffalo Trace. This bottle continues a trend of BT's that I've purchased in the last year, or so, that are absolutely fantastic. I'm not one to look to bunker everyday bourbons, but, BT is in the sweetspot to my palate, recently...so I just might. Truly, wonderful, whiskey.

Started the evening (after bringing more firewood to the house for the coming 6" of snow on top of the 9" we already have) with a pour of FR Small Batch, followed with an early 80s OGD and now I think I'll have an Eagle Rare 10/90 and watch the fire snuggled with the wife.

Decided to bust into a bottle of EC18 I was saving as a gift for a buddy. Then I said, "Ah, screw him." >gargling sounds...<

This one ain't as good as others I've had, so I'm doing him a favor. I'll get another one for him later.

In the meantime,

Cheers!

Generous pour of EC12 to celebrate a young lady that is quite like family winning Miss Kinston-Lenoir County 2011.

Enjoying my favorite (accessible) WT expression.... WTAS.

John, the WTAS has really been growing on me... I swear it was not as good several months back when I opened it.... one of those I will regret not buying more of..... may have to start the hunt...

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit 2001, neat.

Last night we had several scotch whiskies and I enjoyed them very much.

I do hate to sound like a snob but sipping this WTKS I have concluded that bourbon is the superior whiskey.

Been on a wheater kick this weekend. Been having plenty of ORVW 10/107 and trying to knock out a bottle of Weller 12. Did sprinkle in a WTRB in between. All 3 were spectacular as always.

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit 2001, neat.

Last night we had several scotch whiskies and I enjoyed them very much.

I do hate to sound like a snob but sipping this WTKS I have concluded that bourbon is the superior whiskey.

No arguement there, but it's good to mix it up from time to time!

As for me, it was Binny's BT for the NFC championship game and now Binny's EC 18 for the AFC championship. It's too bad the Jets and Steelers can't both lose.

It's too bad the Jets and Steelers can't both lose.

+1 here If I had to pick one I'd like the Jets to the super bowl or if the Steelers go, I'd like to see them loose.

+1 here If I had to pick one I'd like the Jets to the super bowl or if the Steelers go, I'd like to see them loose.

I can get behind that sentiment 100%. I'm sipping on some good ol' WT 101 while watching the hated Steelers have their way with the Jets.

No arguement there, but it's good to mix it up from time to time!

As for me, it was Binny's BT for the NFC championship game and now Binny's EC 18 for the AFC championship. It's too bad the Jets and Steelers can't both lose.

I have to disagree with you on that. I was a Scotch drinker long before I found that I liked Bourbon every bit as much as Scotch.

Now, I find that both are equally good... just depends on what I want on a particular evening.

edit: Sorry... this response was intended for OscarV.

I had a good feeling about my Packers beating the Bears today, so I brought a bottle of JPS with me to a party instead of the AA BIB I was originally going to bring. All but one of the Packer fans enjoyed a pour (and 1 Bear fan). What a great day!

Gary

Back to the old standbuy for the Steelers game last evening.... OWA 2004 and 2009 Julio's.... quite different whiskies.... but both quite good in their own way...

Can't seem to shake off the last bit of this "bug" I have. I've tried to stay away from bourbon pretty much for the last few days. I finally said enough is enough. :smiley_acbt: SCREW IT! I'm having a pour of the BOTM. J.T.S. Brown. :yum: Cheers! Joe

Take that germs!

Finished off the last oz. or so of my EC 18 by vatting it with EC 12. I know, what a crazy combo, right? I like living on the edge.:lol:

Rebel Reserve. Normally I'm not a disagreeable chap but the label says 'extraordinary' and 'masterfully hand-crafted' neighter of which to I can agree.

Sipping on the last pour from my bottle of Old Forester Signature. Ya know that feeling you get when you figure a bourbon tastes like a bourbon was meant to taste? I mean, "back in the day"? Your daddy's, or granddaddy's day? Like a whiskey? Now, I'm not old enough to remember, "back in the day", but I think this is in "that place". I recently described the new EWSB 2001 as "elegant", "refined", etc. in another thread. This whiskey does not share those attributes, but it's quality and appeal, is just as great to me, as I found the EWSB to be. Such is the beauty of bourbon...

Sipping on the last pour from my bottle of Old Forester Signature. Ya know that feeling you get when you figure a bourbon tastes like a bourbon was meant to taste? I mean, "back in the day"? Your daddy's, or granddaddy's day? Like a whiskey? Now, I'm not old enough to remember, "back in the day", but I think this is in "that place". I recently described the new EWSB 2001 as "elegant", "refined", etc. in another thread. This whiskey does not share those attributes, but it's quality and appeal, is just as great to me, as I found the EWSB to be. Such is the beauty of bourbon...

Great post! I feel the same about the Bourbon in my glass tonight...... the right Whiskey at the right time. There is no "best" but there is always "Just at the right time".

E&R Willett 6yr

I recently described the new EWSB 2001 as "elegant", "refined", etc. in another thread.

I'm having a pour of EWSB 2000 and I think 'elegant' is a perfect description. I haven't tried the 2001 yet, but I have a bottle that is waiting to be opened. Hopefully it will at least be close to the 2000.

There is no "best" but there is always "Just at the right time".

Could be the truest statement I've ever seen on this board. Well said. This evening, for me, that bourbon happens to be WT101. Really hitting the spot tonight.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!