What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went back to the OCPR last night and am struggling to preserve a little in the bottle. I love it and it's getting dangerously low!:bigeyes:

Funny you mention it....I was eyeballing one of my bunkered slopes to enjoy over Christmas. Haven't had one open in quite a while.

It really is terrifc but I rue the day that I busted it out for a friend, who proceeded to drink nearly half the bottle, then poured himself a Maker's Mark 46 while I was in the bathroom and announced upon my return, "Now this is more like it!" I've got nothing against MM at all but if he didn't really enjoy it that much, I wish he had said so earlier and made the switch before gulping down some of my finest whiskey!

I'm picking up 6 late 70's and early 80's WT 8yr 101 decanters today as a Christmas gift to myself so I had to open up some bottle as I'm giving the seller back a couple of the decanters...who needs them...I just want the juice! :D

With this in mind I took a recommendation to vat a bottle of Basil Hayden and OGD 114 as I wouldn't drink the BH by itself. To my surprise this is a REALLY nice vatting...The BH gave some needed age to the OGD 114 and the OGD 114 gave some spice and proof to the BH. I've never been big into vatting before but the outcome was very nice this time around! :cool:

After cooking and decorating the tree most off the day I had WTKS before a false start with the Christmas food and Rittenhouse BIB and OGD 114 after. The Turkey found the spot best tonight for sure.

Leif

Hank after half a bottle his taste buds may have been anesthetized.

Yes. I'm sure you're right, though this friend's ability to drink large quantities of whiskey would make Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones shudder!:lol:

Not bourbon, but close enough. JD SB purchased at the White Rabbit Bottle Shop at the JD distellery. For some bizarre reason this is the only whisky (along with George Dickel) that I prefer on the rocks. Using a ball from my MM Ambassador gift and watching Christmas Vacation.

Cooking all of our Christmas Eve Traditional Favorites, accompanied by a Lawrenceburg Lot B. :yum:

Currently, WT RR 90. Later will move up to regular 101, then Rare Breed and finally Kentucky Spirit.

Home from church. Milk & Cookies out for Santa. Children in bed. Time for a pour of Eagle Rare 17 for me.

The Christmas line up is 1971 Old Fitz Prime,ORVW 10 107 ,PAPPY 15 and will finish up with 2010 WLW .For dessert some Wild Turkey Pecan Pie with George T Stagg Whip Cream.

Merry Christmas Mike

The Christmas line up is 1971 Old Fitz Prime,ORVW 10 107 ,PAPPY 15 and will finish up with 2010 WLW .For dessert some Wild Turkey Pecan Pie with George T Stagg Whip Cream.

Merry Christmas Mike

That sounded like a real Christmas line up Mike. That rally got my taste buds flooding!

Leif

Gonna try a few tonight myself: Cedar Ridge, MM46, ORVW107 and finally opening a Stagg 2010! Making myself wait to get started until later, would like to see ten PM tonight!

It's gonna be a Weller night tonight. :cool: Gonna start with a pour of Everett's Weller SR. Then we'll see what that leads to. :grin: Cheers! Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!