What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

started off with EC12 and wasn't loving it. this bottle has been on and off for me, and tonight was definitely an off night.

i moved on to Noah's Mill. It's just as good as when I first opened it several months ago. I always forget how delicious this bourbon is. Extremely well balanced.

Started with MM, went to Noah's Mill. Wrapping up with OF Repeal. Then off to get a good night's sleep so I can possibly make it to midnight tomorrow.

I had a couple neighbors over last night and we did some bourbon tasting...one brought with him a new bottle of Booker's so we started with that. It was better then I expected...followed that up with pours of ORVW 10/107, OFBB 07, Weller 12, Binny's ETL, WLW 09, PHC 2010, and finished the night with a pour of Willett R/E 7yr. Love me some PHC and Willett R/E...:bowdown:

Started off with FRSB and then switched over to Virginia Gentleman. I have to say that the VG felt like a major step down after the superb quality of the Four Roses. Sometimes it's better to just stick with one thing for the evening.

I have to say that the VG felt like a major step down after the superb quality of the Four Roses.

VG Fox or VG? If it's The Fox, I would take that over FRSB any day.

Had a little HH 6 yr BIB while writing the post for the BOTM. It will probably be something Weller before the night is over though. Joe

Right now sipping a little ERSB.......At midnight I shall open the Thomas H. Handy I bought today. :drink:

Finished the old year with a smorgasbord of some the year's better releases:

• OFBB 2010 (one of the better recent bottlings in this series. Makes me wish that OF would offer a 10-12 yo as part of their regular expressions);
  • WLW 2010 (the "heat" mentioned by others overpowers its other elements unless watered down to near Weller 12 levels. Still very good but not as refined as earlier releases.);
  • FRSmB 2010 LE (delightfully seamless and drinkable --- reveals new elements with each sip);
  • PHC 2010 (Parker has done it again! --- one of the best of the modern wheaters).

Happy New Year to all!

I rang in the new year with some OWA 8/107 from Loch and Key (barrel 67). Congrats on picking a great barrel, it was superb.

Enjoy a PHC 2010 (127) as well as a FR LESB to ring in the new year. Both quite good and very different.

this evening will be a comparison tasting of Granddad, Forester and Blanton, all BIB or 50%.

this evening will be a comparison tasting of Granddad, Forester and Blanton, all BIB or 50%.

Fine juice, across the board.

Introduced my nephew to Handy today. His only whiskey experience to date was Makers, Jim and Jack; he thought out of the bottle was a bit hot, added about 6 drops of spring water to a shot in a Glenncarin glass and he thought that was right up his alley, loved the smell, and thought the spicy finish was long and pleasant.

Right now having some ERSB and just fixed the wife a "Capezetinni" that she had at the Chepeze House, we found a way for her to enjoy bourbon with me.

Sipping on a healthy pour of the 2009 WLW. Seems to have opened a little after a year, not quite as hot tonight. It will do.

Maker's. Odd that I find it very yummy this evening. I usually find it just OK. Tonight it is fantastic. Lots of caramel & sweetness. Strange.

Started the evening with a pour of VOBBOB, next up was ORVW10/90 and we finished with Weller 12. Excellent bourbon with friends on New Years Day.

Yesterday I started with Johnny Drum 101, then had a pour of Wellers Antique 107 and finished with WTRB. Really enhanced the enjoyment of watching the SEC destroy the Big 10.

Went digging through the bunker, and uncovered a long-forgotten Everett's Weller 12 that some SB'ers came across a number of years ago. Enjoying a pour, now, while watching more college bowl games.

That, sir, is some seriously good juice. I've still got a bottle myself.

WRMCSO. while watching Lawrence of Arabia --- one of the classic epic movies of all time.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!