What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey Jack, so much for blowing your bourbon budget last Friday!! :lol:

BTW, does the VG have an embossed fox head on the bottle? If not, try and save a little for our next ATL get-together. We can do a comparison of one that does. Who won the Par 3 Tournament?

Cheers!

Dickel #12. I've been meaning to pick one up for a while, but around here all I usually see are handles. Excited to get into this one.

Lot B, PVW 15, and PVW 20.

Between those and paying for a round for four at Harbour Town this week, I've just about spent my bourbon and golf budgets for the year.

Thank you!! I'll soon be posting another photograph with a 3 bottle set, although these will be different spirits from the same distiller.

TOP NOTCH WHISKEY!! soon to come

Hey Chuck, we're still waiting.:grin:

haven't bought any BTAC for last couple of years so was happy to find an 09 Handy...and also got a lot B for a friend.

Really liking this Handy. will have to go back and get some bunkered.

Finally pulled the trigger on an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon from 2004. I bought an '06 from the same dusty shelf last year and enjoyed it. From the top shelf of a local independent grocer with a nice liquor selection. I think it still had its '02 price too--$29.99.

Way to rescue him and give him a good home. Was it the 2010 bottling?

I love the 2010 bottling, glad I got two.

Spent half of my winnings from a pair of low-stakes NCAA brackets pools that I did well in (randomly picked UConn) on the priciest bottle I've bought to date -- Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 year. Fighting urge to open.

Spent half of my winnings from a pair of low-stakes NCAA brackets pools that I did well in (randomly picked UConn) on the priciest bottle I've bought to date -- Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 year. Fighting urge to open.

Open that sucker up! :grin: Very, very fine bourbon in that bottle. :toast:

After the wait I was able to secure 2 bottles of the E H Taylor. Fred Noe stopped by my local and signed a ton of bottles for the owner. I picked up a 1.75 signed of Knob and had him hold me a Bookers. Wish i had been there when Fred stopped by that would have been cool.

Guest wripvanwrinkle

Drink it and enjoy it. By a second bottle to look at. :grin:

How much was the Stagg? Ive seen some WLW and ER17 on the shelf still but the prices are fairly high so thats likely why.

The Stagg was priced at the going rate in my area of $69.99. Not great, but not out of line.

Way to rescue him and give him a good home. Was it the 2010 bottling?

Actually I think it was last years! Proof is 134.8.

Picked up a few 375's of WTRB for a good price, and a WT101 gift box with a couple of nice glasses in it.

ORVW 10/90

ORVW 10/107

FRSB OESQ Barrel Strength

FRSB OBSV Barrel Strength

High West Bourye

Just got back from a trip to Nashville visiting my dad. Didnt have much time to hunt for bourbon but found the following.

2 EH Taylor

1 EWSB2008

3 PVW20

If anyone in the Nashville area is looking for the BTAC minus GTS and doesnt mind paying $84.99/bottle(the lady said she would give me 10% off if I ended up buying like 5 total higher end bottles) then shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where to get it. They had 5 WLW, a few Handy, at least 1 ER, and Saz.

Was in Phoenix this weekend and was surprised to find GTS & WLW on the shelves. Bought the latter and it made dealing with the in-laws go much easier. :lol:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!