What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Vintage 17 and a PHC wheat....I can't wait to try the PHC.

I'm sipping the Vintage 17 now. Tastes like a wheater.....is it?

Yea it is from what I was told. PHC won't disappoint either if u like PVW15.

That's what I had heard about the PHC. Cask strength ftw!

Vintage 17 and a PHC wheat....I can't wait to try the PHC.

I'm sipping the Vintage 17 now. Tastes like a wheater.....is it?

Your going to love the PHC, went through one bottle and have two more left.

Is there anyway to tell when it was released besides the shade of green on the label?

ONly one other thing that I'm aware of. The new ones I have seen have a hang tag around the neck and none of the old ones do. Be cautious of using that as an identifier because it is easily moved or removed.

ONly one other thing that I'm aware of. The new ones I have seen have a hang tag around the neck and none of the old ones do. Be cautious of using that as an identifier because it is easily moved or removed.

Well it did have the necker on it and I hadn't seen it at this store location before, so judging by that and my palate, I'd say that it's the newer wheater.

As for the PHC, this stuff is wonderful. It's big(alcohol) but it's tasty.

Two bottles of 4R 2009 Mariage, an 18yr Saz and three bottles of the old Sam Houston bottling.

Not bourbon, but i thought you guys would like to see it.

I look forward to getting a bottle once available in my area, either VA or MD.

Finally picked up my bottle that's been on reserve since April.

I'll be starting on this ASAP!!!

15yr.jpg

Just got home with a bottle of Jacob's Well (The store had about a dozen but thought I would try one first), a bottle of Redemption Rye, and two handles of Old Fitz Prime from 1995. One store had about 40 gallon bottles in pouring racks of various whiskeys from the 50s through 70s all sealed but the lady said she would not sell them. Her grandmother started the store and they were sentimental.

Ran acros Devils Cut today and grabbed one, Just cracked it open for a pour, it does have an extra punch, not sure if I like it or if its just OK. I will have to give it a few more shots.

Finally picked up my bottle that's been on reserve since April.

I'll be starting on this ASAP!!!

15yr.jpg

I picked up a few of these as well today... (but without the nice bottle stand that yours seem to have come with...:skep: )

I picked up my second Jefferson 17 batch 6.

I've got a batch #6 on order to go with my batch #5 Jeff 17. Nice.

Not bourbon, but i thought you guys would like to see it.

I wanted to order a couple of those but they don't ship to the states.

Don't tell the liquor store down the street, they just sold me three bottles....

I wanted to order a couple of those but they don't ship to the states.

post-6506-1448981735874_thumb.jpg

Purchased my second bottle of Col. E.H. Taylor, Jr. I really enjoy this bourbon and wish it was more around the $50-$60 mark, but I wanted to have a bunker copy to relive at some point.

At the same store I finally stumbled upon a bottle of the new Michael Collins 10 yr. single malt. I'm pleasantly surprised by the character of the blend, especially in a coffee and especially for $19.99. The only price I saw referenced near the single malt was also $19.99, so when I was charged $34.99, I made a fuss, and they diligently agreed it was their error, so I went home with a bottle of the single malt for $19.99. Really looking forward to opening it!

A hat trick of Jeff 18....

......now with free shipping!

I thought about that deal but decided to pass. You like that 18yr old batch?

......now with free shipping!

I thought about that deal but decided to pass. You like that 18yr old batch?

I have found them more to my liking than the 17yo, except for batch #1 of the 17 which I really enjoyed. Most seem to be in the $80+ range so I figure $68 and free shipping is worth a shot... I may find it is not great but it won't be bad. Worst case in 20 years it gets sold on ebay for $8000....:grin:

Picked up a bottle of RHF since I don't normally see it on the shelves of the VA ABC store. Might have been a special order that was never picked up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!