What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let me know how those ETL taste, they don't ship to my state but they do to my family in GA. Might get that 2 pack.

Won't be opening them until I get home from Florida. Leaving Friday for a week. Not sure you are going to want to wait that long if you really want them.

I took delivery of a Colonel E. H. Taylor BIB today. :grin: Had to get at least one. :rolleyes: Joe

I scored 3 more Pappy 15yo and another Old Rip 10/107 today.

Two of those Pappy's will go to a couple of guys that live in a Pappy wasteland who can't get it.

They know who they are.:grin:

4 bottles of PVW 15. My inventory is now replenished until fall.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Better buy more now because there ain't no more coming.

Old Rip 15/107 takes it place this Autumn.

Picked up a OGD 114 that will make a very short visit to the bunker as the open OGD is almost gone.

Just got back from my local liquor store with...

(2) PVW15

(2) PVW20

(1) ORVW90

(1) ORVW107

(1) WTRB03

Had a pretty solid day. I got....

(3) PVW20

(6) 08GTS

(1) OWA7yr

You had a pretty good couple of days, Ryan!

Today my Angel's Envy was delivered by Fed Ex. I also picked up a bottle of Makers 46 that was finally released into this bourbon wasteland I call home. The Makers 46 is not bad. Saving the Angel's Envy till tomorrow.

You had a pretty good couple of days, Ryan!

Yea, and actually got 4 PVW15, 4 PVW20, 2 ORVW 107, 3 ORVW 90, and 2 more EH Taylors today. I had to do a decent amount of traveling to get what I got but I just started seriously getting into bourbon in the past 4 months so I figured I'm already pretty far behind so I have to play catch up.:grin:

Better buy more now because there ain't no more coming.

Old Rip 15/107 takes it place this Autumn.

Are you sure this is the case? I know they said this is the last year for the 20 but they didnt say it was the last season so I assumed that the Fall release would be the end of the 20. I also kinda just assumed they would end the 15 at the same time though I never saw them say so specifically. If so this makes me sad, I was hoping to have 1 more release to bunker up for Pappy Armageddon.

Are you sure this is the case? I know they said this is the last year for the 20 but they didnt say it was the last season so I assumed that the Fall release would be the end of the 20. I also kinda just assumed they would end the 15 at the same time though I never saw them say so specifically. If so this makes me sad, I was hoping to have 1 more release to bunker up for Pappy Armageddon.

Nothing has been made official, but there has been talk that this release was the last for the Pappy 15 and next year would be the last for the Pappy 20.

I personally am excited for the possibility of new Old Rip, both the 15 and what will hopefully be an older expression to take the place of Pappy20! Other than I'll now have to go through my bunker and mark all of my older ORVW15s so I know they're original issue SW. Seriously though, who wouldn't be excited for a 107 proof 15 year wheater from any distillery and if they do replace the pappy 20 with something of similar age, how cool would that be?! Just as long as it isn't 90 proof!!

As far as when the last year for the 20 is...this is the question and answer from their FB page.

"Are the current PVW 20 & 23 all S-W bourbon or is it a blend with BT? When can we expect the remaining S-W stock to run out"?

Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery All 20 & 23 year old Pappy is still S-W. This is the last year of the 20yr.

I took this to mean that the fall release would be the last for the 20. I hadn't heard anything on the 15 for sure other than seeing the post where Julian stated he bottled several years worth but of course that has to be nearly gone if not completely gone at this point. I guess I was just assuming/hoping that they would have some more 15 for a Fall release since they never stated specifically that it would be end of the "Pappy 15" brand after this release.

I am definitely excited though to see what they put out w/ their BT stock. I am just a bit disappointed at the same time that I only just found out about them and how amazing their current bourbon is with so little time left to enjoy it. Which is also why Im doing whatever I can to bunker a lot of it so I can get some years in down the road with it still.

Old Forest Signature and Weller 12. Had to put some everyday pours on the shelf to preserve the PVW15 and ND bottles I kept hitting.

And it's another reminder why bourbon is the best whiskey in the world: two very fine bottles that were both less than $20 (before tax anyway).

RE (new) ORVW 15: one of the best things about this release is the possibility of larger releases. Maybe we wont have to run around like maniacs to get some.

A day in the life of an Ohio bourbon lover found me calling one store and visiting another where I had purchased Saz Jr. before. Struck out on both.

This led me to another store where I have been waiting for over 2 weeks for 4RYellow to show up. Nothing.

I ended up walking out of there with a ER 10/90 after staring at WTRB for a moment.

Ahh well, the Sampler is at the end of the month and I'll just have to stock up on some items then.

Today I decided to add to the bunker with the following:

2 Buffalo Trace

2 Old Charter 8

2 Eagle Rare 10

1 Old Overholt

2 Blanton's

1 Bakers 7

Not a bad day for me.

Old Crow Reserve. The price was right for us unemployed folk that only makes a little money from his lapidary (gemstone cutting) business. Tastes pretty good too.

Did a promo at a liquor store out in BFE... ended up with these :cool:

Uf2wo.jpg

There was a tremendous selection. Several bottles of Jefferson's 17, VW 12... I'll be going back on reconnaissance mission for those later on.

Still waiting on CT's Pappy allotment. We aren't seeing any 20 yr. I just want to score 4 or more 15 yr and then I will relax.

I too welcome the ORVW 15. I'm banking that it will be very good. Also hopefully more available. I am getting sick of making 20+ calls to maybe secure one bottle.

Did a promo at a liquor store out in BFE... ended up with these :cool:

Uf2wo.jpg

There was a tremendous selection. Several bottles of Jefferson's 17, VW 12... I'll be going back on reconnaissance mission for those later on.

Nice find on the Stagg... I believe, off the top of my head, that is a Spring 2005.....

and if they do replace the pappy 20 with something of similar age, how cool would that be?! Just as long as it isn't 90 proof!!

Hear hear!

That is why I don't buy Pappy 20yo, $120.00 for a great whiskey watered down to 90 proof sucks.

I have had Pappy barrel proof and it's a damn shame Julian waters it down so much.

But Julian says it taste best that way, and from what I heard him say on the BT Oral History he adds even more water to what ever he is drinking from the bottle, it's his personal favorite way to drink it.

I picked up FRSB, FR Small Batch, Jefferson's Reserve, I792, EWSB 2001 and ER 10.

Sounds like an Ohio shopping trip. :grin:

Sounds like an Ohio shopping trip. :grin:

LOL... after another 65 hour week, I decided to treat myself.:grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!