What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with some ND era Bourbon DeLuxe, very sweet and butterscotch on the nose. Not very complex though.

On to a few pours of ETL. Great flavor, sweetness, and just enough BT funk to make it good.

Yesterday was the kids big #1 so I opened a 2009 WLW and put a good dent in that liquid crack. I'm scared to see what it's like in a week after some air.....

Tonight I'm on some ER 10/90. I had not had any for some time as it seemed bitter to me for awhile. I was gifted a bottle for XMAS that went down pretty well so I went and grabbed another. So far so good.

Yesterday was the kids big #1 so I opened a 2009 WLW and put a good dent in that liquid crack. I'm scared to see what it's like in a week after some air.....

Congrats! It's my daughter's first birthday on Monday. After her party today, I'm enjoying some OWA, Weller 12, finished off a FR SmB and a Fighting Cock.

Congrats! It's my daughter's first birthday on Monday. After her party today, I'm enjoying some OWA, Weller 12, finished off a FR SmB and a Fighting Cock.

Well congrats on yours' one year, my daughter just turned 5 months! I poured a glass of retail picked 1B BT into a flask for bowling tonight, but we got there late and it ended up being too packed, so now I'm drinking my flask for a nightcap.

Poured some Pappy 20 tonight while watching the Patriots and Denver game. While the game wasn't exciting, the bourbon was fantastic. So smooth. I'm not good at describing what I'm tasting but the toffee, caramel on the nose and the mouthfeel on the VW line is incredible. No burning on the finish. I think I've had some wine that had more heat on the finish.

Thanks for the congrats guys.

I'll have to post a pic sometime of him with his signed 4Roses Smb bottle.

I celebrated a big win at work with ORVW 10/107 and Pappy 20 last night. Now enjoying a couple of Rittenhouse Manhattans while watching the Baltimore/Texans game.

I celebrated a big win at work with ORVW 10/107 and Pappy 20 last night.

Big win at work? Do you play for the Niners?

Big win at work? Do you play for the Niners?

Ha! No, I'm a mortgage banker...just closed the first big deal of the year :)

I enjoyed a few pours of AAA10Y last night. The slightest splash of water makes this one incredible.

Revisiting a bottle that I haven't had open in quite some time. Ezra B 15 yr. Huge, massive, butterscotch. :yum: Thankfully, it's just as I remember it.

Started with a little BTEC 1991, now some ETL, plan on ending the night with TPS Willett barrel 14a 17 year wheater. Off to Chicago/ Naperville tomorrow, maybe I'll find a little something unavailable in Ohio.

Started with a little BTEC 1991, now some ETL, plan on ending the night with TPS Willett barrel 14a 17 year wheater. Off to Chicago/ Naperville tomorrow, maybe I'll find a little something unavailable in Ohio.

Revisiting a bottle that I haven't had open in quite some time. Ezra B 15 yr. Huge, massive, butterscotch. :yum: Thankfully, it's just as I remember it.

Just popped open a bottle of ORVW 90 and it is just as delicious as I remember the last bottle being.

There is a Binny's in Naperville that has a decent selection of bourbon...I'm not sure that you'll find any BTAC, Pappy, or PHC 2010 but you should be able to find some Weller 12, Binny's Four Roses Private Selections, etc...Have fun in "the ville"! :cool:

Certainly not the first three listed. I was out there over christmas. They did have some of the recent PHC. They did have one or two nice items in a case that I passed on due to the misses being around.

It was one of the first times that since going there for many years, that I almost felt of sense of disappointment in not finding something new or special that I was looking for.

Can't hit a home run every time I suppose. But still, a fun store to walk around in.

If your looking for lunch, I'd vote for Portillo's-Just down the road with a turn or tow a bit from there, always make it point to get there when I get home. Gotta get my dog and beef fix in. Man, I could go for one now.

B

After a 3 hour work meeting on a Sunday night I went with WLW 2011. Not as good as the 2010 but hitting the spot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.