What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On Tuesday I found and bought a WL Weller 19 1982/2001

If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance....But...Another post, and a phone number? Really???

Tsk, Tsk.....

Picked up a couple bottles of Rittenhouse Rye BIB. Makes the best Manhattans I've ever had. It is on my must buy list if found under $20. It was $17.30 in the northern WV panhandle

This sell for $35 here and many pay the money thinking it's well worth it. I picked up a couple cheap ones...four roses sb, and Corner Creek Reserve. And seen bookers and had to get that too.

Snagged a bottle of phc cognac finish! Also picked up a BT experimental cask 91.

Any tips on finding a dated maple hill?

If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance....But...Another post, and a phone number? Really???

Tsk, Tsk.....

Phone number? Not sure what you mean.

I did post this in Dusty Finds earlier, but I thought it was worth mentioning here as well :grin:

I don't like paying $79 for 10-year old bourbon, but my first bottle of PHC cognac went so fast (and they're seemingly disappearing off of shelves quicker than the wheater did) that I couldn't help but pick up another one today. I really didn't think I'd like it nearly as much as I did, but the more time I spend without it, the more I crave it...

Also picked up an ER17... I know this bourbon gets very little love in these parts, but I find it to be a smooth, spicy, comforting pour the likes of which I've not found elsewhere. I wish it was in the $60-$65 range, but I returned some birthday gifts for cash, and sipping it now I don't feel too bad about the $75 I put up for it.

I like ER17 and also paid $75 for a few bottles each. To each his own, don't let old timer opinions change your tastes.

Phone number? Not sure what you mean.

I did post this in Dusty Finds earlier, but I thought it was worth mentioning here as well :grin:

Technology in the hands of a dolt is a dangerous thing...I'm guilty. :rolleyes:

My most sincere apologies SNC. I see what I did. My I-Phone (where I originally read your post) apparently takes sequences of numbers and highlights them. When you click on the highlighted numbers, it automatically turns it into a phone number with a prompt to "call". I clicked on the highlighted dates you have in your post, and up popped a phone number. Further doltism :) on my part didn't even recognize that the "phone number" was just the dates....I thought you were openly looking to sell your bottle with this.

I am an idiot. Yes, there will be a goat at the GBS get-together next Saturday, and his name is Joe.

Again, please accept my apologies. Me go back under rock, now...

Picked up three bottles last night: Eagle Rare, Elmer T. Lee, and Wild Turkey 101. ...Keeping things simple.

Picked up a GTS, a PHC barrel finished, plus another bottle of Midleton Irish for the bunker.

Technology in the hands of a dolt is a dangerous thing...I'm guilty. :rolleyes:

My most sincere apologies SNC. I see what I did. My I-Phone (where I originally read your post) apparently takes sequences of numbers and highlights them. When you click on the highlighted numbers, it automatically turns it into a phone number with a prompt to "call". I clicked on the highlighted dates you have in your post, and up popped a phone number. Further doltism :) on my part didn't even recognize that the "phone number" was just the dates....I thought you were openly looking to sell your bottle with this.

I am an idiot. Yes, there will be a goat at the GBS get-together next Saturday, and his name is Joe.

Again, please accept my apologies. Me go back under rock, now...

That's what you get for trying to use that newfangled technology, Joe!

OFBB '11

OF Repeal

Ritt BIB

OGD114

Fighting Cock

Found some more Lot B today. Was hard to decide between 2x Lot B or 1x Pappy 20. No 15 or rye, sadly.

Went to pick up some Ritt BIB today only to be told the bottles were on hold for other customers. Came home with a bottle of WT rye instead.

Found some more Lot B today. Was hard to decide between 2x Lot B or 1x Pappy 20. No 15 or rye, sadly.

What is Lot B going for you in your area?

There a couple bottles around here, but for $79. :frown:

What is Lot B going for you in your area?

There a couple bottles around here, but for $79. :frown:

I would opt for Weller 12 when & where available...same age, almost same proof & much less expensive...right now.

3 x Lot B

1 x WLW

1 x ER 17

1 x Saz 18

I found them at my local liquor store on the clearance rack. Not sure how it got there. They never have the stuff on the shelf. I was there to pick up some Bulleit, and it was sitting next to the register. I don't know how to tell what year the Lot B is, but the ER 17 and Saz 18 is this year. The WLW is 134.5 proof so I'm guessing it is 2009.

I put the Bulleit back.:grin:

Bought a Hancock Reserve on the recommendation of one of the store managers. He knew enough to tell me it was a wheater, so I'll roll the dice for $30.

Bought a Hancock Reserve on the recommendation of one of the store managers. He knew enough to tell me it was a wheater, so I'll roll the dice for $30.

Hancock's is a good bourbon, but it's not a wheater. It's from BT's #2 mash bill (higher rye - also Ancient Age, Virginia Gentleman, Elmer T. Lee, Blanton's, Rock Hill Farms). $30 is a good price, though.

3 x Lot B

1 x WLW

1 x ER 17

1 x Saz 18

I found them at my local liquor store on the clearance rack.

That's a HELLUVA a clearance rack!!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.