What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is Christmas really too late? My package FINALLY came in...had an issue as no shipper would ship this from a state that was a couple away. Finally had a friend pick up and drive it to me on his way through. Cannot believe it, ive got a nice bunker but I am done till fall allocation.

12 - 20yr Pappy

15 - 15yr Pappy(10-2008 & 09's/5-2011's)

I picked up a handle of BT for $17. What a a deal! I couldn't pass it up.

I picked up a ORVW 107 yesterday. I want to do a side by side with Weller Antique 107 to see how much difference I can detect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autiger23 viewpost.gif

12 - 20yr Pappy

15 - 15yr Pappy(10-2008 & 09's/5-2011's)

You were super lucky to score those PVW15 bottles from '08 and '09. With the addition of the fact that after next year the odds of the 20 being SW juice are questionable, you did well. That is a lot of $ to drop at once, but one of those whiskeys is gone and the other soon will be....seems you really had no choice.

Yeah I know, had to jump on that. I plan on using the same contact int he fall and maybe this spring on the 20's only. I just wanted to make sure I had plenty in the bunker and this was one way to do it. Pretty pumped and lucky that is for sure. Waiting to pull out one of the 2011's to compare with my opened 08. I had a couple friends that wanted the 2011 15/20's so not all are going in the bunker. About 10 of each are going bunkered.

Picked up a bottle of GTS today. It wasn't really on my radar this year, I didn't even look for it when it was released. But I stopped in at a small store in Geneva, IL and they had a couple on the shelf for 73.99, so I got one of them.

Craig

Went dusty hunting up in Sheboygan county while I was visiting some family, did not manage to find any dusties, but finally found and bought a bottle of Fleishmann's Rye.

Ordered an OWA, Weller 12, & lot B Friday morning, received shipment Saturday afternoon. Excellent service Party Source!

Received one of the last TPS Bowman ryes today...very happy to have gotten it but wished I had grabbed another while they were available. They went from an inventory of around 30 on tuesday to zero by thursday. Hopefully, Bowman has more in store for us in the future...probably a long shot though with rye demand increasing.

Found 2 bottles of Four Roses Single Barrel LE 2011. I've read the good and the bad, but for $39.00 I thought that they were worth a shot.

Found 2 bottles of Four Roses Single Barrel LE 2011. I've read the good and the bad, but for $39.00 I thought that they were worth a shot.

$39? Impressive.

I get my fair share of finding the bottles but some of y'all find some prices I can't believe.

I didn't purchase these per se but a bottle each of Michter's Bourbon, Rye, and American Whiskey showed up at my door yesterday.

Snagged the 4RSB gift set with the 2 4R glasses for $35 today. I can't get just the 4RSB for that cheap at my usual place so its a nice score for me.

Received one of the last TPS Bowman ryes today...very happy to have gotten it but wished I had grabbed another while they were available. They went from an inventory of around 30 on tuesday to zero by thursday. Hopefully, Bowman has more in store for us in the future...probably a long shot though with rye demand increasing.

My understanding is the Abraham Bowman Rye barrel strength is no more. That's all she wrote. Those who got some, enjoy what you got!

My understanding is the Abraham Bowman Rye barrel strength is no more. That's all she wrote. Those who got some, enjoy what you got!

I was able to bunker 3 bottles, so very glad I did..:cool:

Current Old Gran-dad Bonded. Atypically in my experience, it has not a hint of the "dried yeast/anise/orange rind" nose and taste which generally characterize the Beam line. This is to the advantage of the whiskey IMO in that its taste is "cleaner" and better-defined. I will buy more. (I always use it up one way or another).

Gary

Found a BHM 23yr Rye for $89 and a PHC 2010 for $72...grabbed them both! I'm gonna crack open the Black Maple Hill 23yr tonight and watch some college football!:cool:

Found a BHM 23yr Rye for $89 and a PHC 2010 for $72...grabbed them both! I'm gonna crack open the Black Maple Hill 23yr tonight and watch some college football!:cool:

WOW, I'd love to stumble into that BMH23 deal!

High West Barreled Manhattan, PHC 27yr and a PHC Golden Anniversary.

Nice start to the new year if i may say so.

B

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.