What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a TPS Bowman Rye, TPS 4R OBSK, and a Heaven Hill BIB White Label in the mail yesterday.

I love the HH BIB already, and my wife is so very grateful that it's $10 a bottle :)

Got a TPS Bowman Rye, TPS 4R OBSK, and a Heaven Hill BIB White Label in the mail yesterday.

I love the HH BIB already, and my wife is so very grateful that it's $10 a bottle :)

I just ordered a Lot B - my first Van Winkle - and one of the TPS 4R OBSK - it looks like it's a new "batch" from the last one they had. Let us know what you think of that 4R if you get a chance.

I am so jealous. (checks drive to Madison; 2.5 hours; damn) I would've cleared them out of the 2000.

I would have, too, if I hadn't stocked up on 2000 shortly after the 2001 was released. I think I have about a case in my bunker.

I'm also starting to feel the need to leave a few on the shelf when I find good buys. I hope that's more a function of my bunker size, rather than me turning soft. :lol:

What a fantastic buy - that's pretty much the price of one dram in NYC. I can't find the 2000 anywhere.

Based off early reviews: 2000 > 2001 > 2002

I'd trade the low price of retail bottles that we have here in Wisconsin for a couple of those fantastic bars you have over in NYC. I went to both The Brandy Library and PDT while I was in Manhattan last month. Those are fantastic bars! Prices be damned...

I would have, too, if I hadn't stocked up on 2000 shortly after the 2001 was released. I think I have about a case in my bunker.

I'm also starting to feel the need to leave a few on the shelf when I find good buys. I hope that's more a function of my bunker size, rather than me turning soft. :lol:

Well that depends on if ur leaving EWSB on the shelf or VWFRR...if its the latter then I would say ur turning soft. :grin:

I just ordered a Lot B - my first Van Winkle - and one of the TPS 4R OBSK - it looks like it's a new "batch" from the last one they had. Let us know what you think of that 4R if you get a chance.

Congrats on the Lot B! They were only in stock for about 3 hours. Crazy times we live in...

I had been waiting for several months for a new TPS OBSK. I'll probably crack it open on New Year's Eve, and I'll definitely report back after I do.

I ordered a lot B, OWA, and Weller 12 from Party Source this morning. I have to order multiple bottles to justify the shipping costs, at least that's what I told Karen.

I ordered a lot B, OWA, and Weller 12 from Party Source this morning. I have to order multiple bottles to justify the shipping costs, at least that's what I told Karen.

Did you get their private bottling of OWA? I haven't read anything about that one.

I am no longer out of Four Roses SmB and Old Forester Signature. Been a while on the Signature. And, it always performs well chilled out of the beer fridge.

Did you get their private bottling of OWA? I haven't read anything about that one.

Haven't tried the TPS OWA, but their new private barrel of AAA is excellent.

... but their new private barrel of AAA is excellent.

Greg (Adams), isn't AAA your pour of choice? Have you tried this one yet?

I did not. I have their JPS 18 bottling and love it. I have their 1792 bottling and do not like it. I bought the 2 wellers for the sole purpose of blending so I didn't really want to experiment with a barrel selection. I want my vatting bottles easy to replicate.

Ahh so they finally hit ehh?

They certainly didn't with the 1792, we've discussed it before. But, they did with the JPS 18. I like it better than my batch #5 JPS 17. I may have to try the AAA.

I did not. I have their JPS 18 bottling and love it. I have their 1792 bottling and do not like it. I bought the 2 wellers for the sole purpose of blending so I didn't really want to experiment with a barrel selection. I want my vatting bottles easy to replicate.

You mean the famous SB.com vatting of OWA/Weller 12?

Since the Cork and Bottle OWAs are pretty highly regarded, I was interested in TPS's offering. I was so close to getting their JPS18, but I couldn't wait 2 days for the shipping and bought a WLW2011 and Rittenhouse Rye instead, for the same price. Bye bye Christmas money...

You mean the famous SB.com vatting of OWA/Weller 12?

Since the Cork and Bottle OWAs are pretty highly regarded, I was interested in TPS's offering. I was so close to getting their JPS18, but I couldn't wait 2 days for the shipping and bought a WLW2011 and Rittenhouse Rye instead, for the same price. Bye bye Christmas money...

Ah yes, the famous SB Weller vatting! Sort of a poor man's attempt at a ORVW 10/107/lotB blend, but affordable enough to be an everyday pour, BRILLIANT!

My first Weller vatting was with CnB OWA #50 + Weller 12 because it was the only OWA I had, it was very good. But considering my dislike for TPS 1792, I didn't want to mix things up yet. I want something easily repeatable, thus standard OWA + Weller 12. TPS JPS 18 is very good, but I can see taking a WLW and Ritt instead.

Ah yes, the famous SB Weller vatting! Sort of a poor man's attempt at a ORVW 10/107/lotB blend, but affordable enough to be an everyday pour, BRILLIANT!

My first Weller vatting was with CnB OWA #50 + Weller 12 because it was the only OWA I had, it was very good. But considering my dislike for TPS 1792, I didn't want to mix things up yet. I want something easily repeatable, thus standard OWA + Weller 12. TPS JPS 18 is very good, but I can see taking a WLW and Ritt instead.

This is what I bought or picked up during my yearly holiday trip to see my family in Virginia. All of this was purchased in Tennessee. Some I bought over the phone the day it arrived at the stores and I just picked it up while I was there.

2 2011 WLW

2 PVW 20

2 PVW 15

3 VWFRR

4 ORVW 107, 3 from previous allocations(very very happy I found these), 1 from this fall, ehhhhhhh. I left that in good hands to finish next year. Maybe it will change since half is gone

1 OWA drank while visiting

1 Bernheim for a present

Would you believe my wife used the last of my non-bunkered bourbon last week, marinating a roast for Christmas dinner? She emptied a bottle of 10-yr old Henry McKenna Bib to do it.

I can't get stuff like that in Alabama, but today I bought a liter of Wild Turkey 101 and a 750 of Old Grand Dad 86. I hope she will cook with the OGD when she feels a need. :rolleyes:

Tim

Is Christmas really too late? My package FINALLY came in...had an issue as no shipper would ship this from a state that was a couple away. Finally had a friend pick up and drive it to me on his way through. Cannot believe it, ive got a nice bunker but I am done till fall allocation.

12 - 20yr Pappy

15 - 15yr Pappy(10-2008 & 09's/5-2011's)

post-6398-14489817680947_thumb.jpg

post-6398-14489817681366_thumb.jpg

post-6398-14489817680947_thumb.jpg

post-6398-14489817681366_thumb.jpg

Is Christmas really too late? My package FINALLY came in...had an issue as no shipper would ship this from a state that was a couple away. Finally had a friend pick up and drive it to me on his way through. Cannot believe it, ive got a nice bunker but I am done till fall allocation.

12 - 20yr Pappy

Got the 20's for $102 after tax and the 15's for $54.

Something new - 1 bottle of Rock Hill Single Barrel, barrel specially selected by my spirit shop

My old standby - 1 bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel OESO, barrel specially selected by my spirit shop. 62.9% wowza! But it goes down soooo smooth

12 - 20yr Pappy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.