What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Matt, did you pick the Weller !2yr up in state? I've always had to bring some back from IL when I wanted it.

Welcome back, you've been quiet for awhile it seems. And nice selection!!

B

Sorry 'bout the silence. Been neck-deep getting out of my old job in distribution and am now back on the supplier side of things. The new job will keep me plenty busy, but at least focused on whiskey!

Did you find those Old Potrero and Wathens in the cities? Never seen those!

There's a retailer out in Excelsior - Shorewood Liquors - who has a LOT of stuff that isn't available in MN (or at least through distributors). Right off of Hwy 7 in a Cub shopping center. Plenty of Weller 12 & other goodies. Pricey, but beats hauling back from out of state.

Ask for Steven Shackelton & tell him I sent you.

OWA

Weller 12

Bulleit

Four Roses yellow (for the wife, she's just getting into bourbon)

Found a decanter in the cabinet and blended OWA and Weller 12. Going to let it sit for a while.

Walked away from another Saz 18 today. Ugh. I feel guilty passing it up.

Figured I'd get the ball rolling again, and with what else but a couple a bottles of......

WSR 7yr

At $13.50 plus some tax, not a bad deal.

Plus, it will be the cheapest drinks I buy for the next week, Going down to St. Pete Beach/Tampa area for work/fun without the youngster and with the misses. :grin:

Looking forward to some nice r&r, and probably not a lot of bottle hunting.

B

Today I picked up a couple of bottles to refresh what had been drunk these last couple of weeks:

VWFRR

Vintage 17

2010 Thomas Handy

WT Rye

OWA

OGD 114

Rittenhouse BIB

Picked up my first bottle of Knob Creek. Had planned on getting the Single Barrel, but they were sold out with no known return date (to this particular store), so I I figured I might as well try the standard first.

4RSB BS OESK. The 20k question, will it make it to the Cincinnati area 4R tasting on the 28th unopened? It may need some time and space to breath, right? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to a very kind fellow member here, I got home from work to find delivered a 4R Gift Shop Bottle, 16yo, OBSV, Barrel #3.

In addition to that tremendous acquisition:

WSR (Louisville) 1L

Baby Saz

Lol...he better not have sold my purchase to you! He went on vacation and said he would ship mine next week...

Hopefully 2 Saz 18, PVW20, PVW15, and GTS and WLW next week...fingers crossed!

My Saz 18's arrived today... and they are '10's. Score.

Also in the box, PVW15 (2011)

Anything in that box for me?

Picked up 3 bottles of 15yr AS Noah's Mill bottled in 2005 today for $36ea...Gotta love TX! ;)

nice! you bringing those out to seattle with ya? ;)

VWFRR for $49.99, and Old Rip 107 for $32.99. Cracked the Old Rip, and I must say that it's much better than my bottle from a year ago, even on day one.

Anything in that box for me?

Nope -- the other box gets here Thursday. That one is full of goodies as well, including my THH reload!

Received some OWA single barrels. Great stuff.

Love OWA, where does one get the single barrel bottlings? I'd love to get my hands on a bottle or two.

Love OWA, where does one get the single barrel bottlings? I'd love to get my hands on a bottle or two.
You can either get them through a liquor store or get a group of guys to go in and select a barrel or two that fits the profile they're looking for...at least that's what I hear can be done! ;)

Stopped by one Binnys last night. Picked up:

FR Yellow

E.H. Taylor Single Barrel

WSR7

Breaking & Entering Bourbon

Binnys FR OESF

Binnys FR OBSK

Going to at least two more Binnys today. I think the wife may try to hide the wallet before I leave.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.