What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bought a Weller 12. It's my first one but could be the start of a long relationship :grin:

Bill

Picked up a 1.0L of knob creek for $24.99, it was sitting next to a 750ml that was priced at $29.99. I have no idea what was going on there, I just went with it.

It's gone bad by now, surely. Whiskey don't keep! :cool:

He's right you had better send it to me for safe disposal.

ORVW 10/107, last one: $45;

Old Ezra 101, which I haven't tried yet, but read good things from the Nov. BOTM comments.

ORVW 10/107, last one: $45;

Old Ezra 101, which I haven't tried yet, but read good things from the Nov. BOTM comments.

Bill, I'm a big fan of the Old Ezra for the same reason I'm a big fan of the Virgin Bourbon...I'm pretty sure they are the same whiskey. At least historically they have been near identical in age, proof, distillery (HH), and taste profile. We should compare them on Saturday!! The Virgin does tend to be a few bucks cheaper, though.

For me, I picked up a bottle of the 2011 Parker's Heritage Cognac Finished. Two pours in, and it is wonderful whiskey. I am really beginning to dig on the finished bourbons out there. It may be that my pours are on the heels of a ball-buster couple of days, but this PH is tasting so good it may be my favorite.

I had some time in between calls in Louisville this morning so I popped into a couple liquor stores...I found 2 200ml bottles of Old Fitz BIB DSP 16/24 from 1997 ($3.29ea) and a bottle of 2009 FR Mariage ($61.99)...all three made their way back to Chicago with me! :cool:

I had some time in between calls in Louisville this morning so I popped into a couple liquor stores...I found 2 200ml bottles of Old Fitz BIB DSP 16/24 from 1997 ($3.29ea) and a bottle of 2009 FR Mariage ($61.99)...all three made their way back to Chicago with me! :cool:

Nice find! I figured the marriage juice was long gone from stores. I bet those Fitz BIB's will be tasty as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by the Royal Liquor discount store (Evansville, IN) after picking up some groceries and picked up a 750ml of Heaven Hill BIB ($12.99) along with Ezra Brooks ($11.99), same quantity.

Got to talking to the owner of the discount store and she offered to order me a 750ML of Rittenhouse Rye BIB and a 750ML of Old Overholt Straight Rye which will be my first Rye whiskey's.

I asked her to try and obtain a 750ml Ancient Ancient Age 10 yr old (fingers crossed). We shall see...

Have her order several of the Ritt BIB's. Best lower aged rye available IMO hands down. I actually like this better than much more expensive older whiskeys. Before better, I stopped in store in SE Indiana and picked one up for $15. They had 10 more bottles. I wish I picked them all up for that price. Good luck on the AAA hunt. Another value pour that is very good.

I almost forgot...I also bought 12 bottles of 1789b OWA 8/107...6 bottles from each barrel...:)

You win !!!! :grin:

Wow, that's some big bottles there! Can't wait until someone masters bourbon to put out a 30 year. Then I hope to not have to pay the same price as a 30 year scotch :)

I did take a spin of the wheel today and bought a Hirsch 25 year rye. I loved the 22 year I had at a bar. Hoping the now 25 year old rye is just as a good.

Have her order several of the Ritt BIB's. Best lower aged rye available IMO hands down. I actually like this better than much more expensive older whiskeys. Before better, I stopped in store in SE Indiana and picked one up for $15. They had 10 more bottles. I wish I picked them all up for that price. Good luck on the AAA hunt. Another value pour that is very good.

I have heard great things about this Rye both in terms of value and experience, can't wait to have some pours and I'm hoping she prices it favorably.

$15 a bottle sounds damn good. I'm thinking I will be hard pressed to come in at that. Hoping it does not go over twenty, would love the $18 range.

So far today, only a Saz Jr....something that has been absent at home and not replenished in a while. Seems to be disappearing fairly quick in these parts right now along with Ritt BIB. Need to work another job or 2 to keep up with the demands of vanishing bourbons & ryes...lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.