what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Fixin to pour some Old grandad BIB. Beam not ND

Elmer T. Lee as well tonight - a vanilla bomb compared to the CB Peat Monster I had just before

I love that Silver Select. Sorry to hear about the cold. OGD114 is a good remedy, though. But, if you have a rye available, particularly a strong rye, I find that helps when I have a cold. THHandy would be my prescription. :D

A couple of Guinnesses on draught and a couple of Maker's Mark for me last night.

Cold has settled down a little - Evan Williams SB 2000 tonight.

Got another bottle of Silver Select today, readily available duty free here.

A friend stopped by after dinner to watch the basketball game and we turned our attention to Wild Turkey. After a pour or two earlier in the day of Rare Breed, I pulled out the CGF and opened a bottle of pewter-topped Kentucky Spirit. Both were superb and epitomize the very qualities of what draws me to great bourbon--rich, sweet, woody nectar. Heaven in a glass!

Had some Weller 12 last night - bottle is about 50% gone, and it is now much more well rounded, less heat, still with a cinnamon/spice component but less of the "red-hots" cinnamon than when first opened.

Had some Weller 12 last night - bottle is about 50% gone, and it is now much more well rounded, less heat, still with a cinnamon/spice component but less of the "red-hots" cinnamon than when first opened.

Have you tried the Weller 12/Old Weller Antique 1:1 vatting that so many others here have raved about? I found it delicious and well worth a try, even if you only want to sample a single glass to see what it does to the flavor profile.

Have you tried the Weller 12/Old Weller Antique 1:1 vatting that so many others here have raved about? I found it delicious and well worth a try, even if you only want to sample a single glass to see what it does to the flavor profile.

I haven't had an OWA to vat with it, but I have been thinking about going over to Julio's to see if they had any of their bottling left to try this out.

That said, I actually prefer the Weller 12 as it is now then when I first opened it. But this 1:1 vatting does pique my interest.

I haven't had an OWA to vat with it, but I have been thinking about going over to Julio's to see if they had any of their bottling left to try this out.

That said, I actually prefer the Weller 12 as it is now then when I first opened it. But this 1:1 vatting does pique my interest.

It really was interesting to sample one, then the other and then the vatting to see what the marriage of the two tastes like. I enjoy both on their own but together they make a perfect pour, IMO.

I've been drinking mostly mid-shelf bottles lately as I have been in a drinking mood which usually results in 2/3 of a bottle disappearing daily. Tonight, I'll take it easy and have a few pours of the numerous Willett's that I have open.

HW Rendesvous, BMH 23yr Rye, PHC 2010 127.8, Bowman 18yr Gift Shop @107pr...a GREAT night of whiskey!

Had a great night, enjoying the following diluted down to 80 proof while watching my beloved Queensland Maroons play Rugby on FoxSports:

Red Stag Black Cherry (1789b Selection, Barrel #420, signed by Fred Noe)

Rebel Yell (Reid & Emerald XXI, fuchsia wax top)

Jim Beam Black (Paws & Claws "Super-Duper Secret" Private Bottling)

Yukon Jack (Gift Shop Edition, 1 of 4 Bottles ever produced)

Woodford Reserve Quadruple Oaked (Dug'z & Willyz, Decanter made of cubic zirconia-encrusted Gorilla Glass)

I'm assuming the rest of you had some pedestrian whiskeys available at mass market. I pity you!

Had a great night, enjoying the following diluted down to 80 proof while watching my beloved Queensland Maroons play Rugby on FoxSports:

Red Stag Black Cherry (1789b Selection, Barrel #420)

Woodford Reserve Quadruple Oaked (Dug'z & Willyz, Decanter made of cubic zirconia-encrusted Gorilla Glass)

I'm assuming the rest of you had some pedestrian whiskeys available at mass market. I pity you!

why are you being a dick? what did hectic do to you?

Even if he's being a dick...I thought it was funny. :slappin:

funny perhaps, but jealousy isn't a great look no matter the guise.

It's ok Will...he's a lawyer so he feels compelled to attack and try to illicit a reaction...that's just what they do. I would be pissed off too if I had to do that all day every day!:rolleyes:

It's ok Will...he's a lawyer so he feels compelled to attack and try to illicit a reaction...that's just what they do. I would be pissed off too if I had to do that all day every day!:rolleyes:

Hey watch it on that lawyer shit Bob, we're not all pissed...at least not all of the day :lol:.

He missed a few too:

Van Blankle char #8 wheater infused with brisket burnt ends,

East Bay Study Group 2 month Mckenna experimental 112 gallon barrels,

Curtis Hightower 4R Devil's Night Surviving Warehouse D,

Kentucky Bourbon Society Phillips Union Pomegranate barrel of the year.

And last but not least...Georgia Bourbon Society biggest barrel dump they could find of Bourbon Supreme.

First post that has made me laugh around here in a while.

He doesn't even know jealousy yet, I could start sharing what I've been drinking lately...

To assume that he's jealous is rather presumptuous, don't you think?

Well, I too watched the sad breakdown of the Maroon juggernaut and while my Wild Turkey 101 might be considered pedestrian by some, the Wild Turkey Tradition I bought about four weeks ago from the distillery door was not! Definitely benefitted from a little water; but was otherwise an interesting and thought-provoking expression. Decidedly a Wild Turkey man after my run around the Bourbon Trail!

George T Stagg sampling at Chapeze House, Bardstown, was a winner too!:grin:

What is so rare as a day in June!

Worked in the rose garden yesterday afternoon. Took a break on the swing hung in our vine-covered pergola with a nice pour of Bulleit Rye. Clear blue sky, 76 degrees. (Rare, indeed, in NW Ohio.) Meanwhile, the chicadees, titmice, nuthatches, and gold finches visited the bird feeders in the garden about 20 feet away. Chicadees are people friendly and came to open sunflower seeds on the pergola, directly over my head. Feeling quite contented, I decided this was a good time to finish that handle of WT101. A great day got even better.

We all know that Bob has a big sign on his back that says "fuck with me!"

Little did he know when he put it there, it could be taken a few different ways...

:lol: :lol:

LOL.. now thats pretty funny.

A bit of advice.. if you were drinking those private offerings most were at 80 proof already... we like them to be easy drinkers with a bit of ice or with a dash of Fresca...

Few folks know that back in 2008 a few of us bought 50 barrels of an undisclosed 4 YO bourbon made by big "B" and tanked it all.... each year we draw off some, take it to 80 proof or if we are feelin flush 90 proof and put it in a fancy bottle with pretty wax on it. Sometimes we even put animals on the label. We learned this from the big boys at BT...... it gets better with each year in that steel tank. We like it chill filtered as it gets a lot of the floaties out when we drink outside in the winter.

We just sent a few re-barrels we did to Canada so we could have our own Canadian whiskey... calling it "Ay Hectic". It is slated to be hauled around Ontario on a dog sled for 18 months.... then we will have an Imported private bottling.

Appreciate you mentioning good whiskey when you drink it..Cheers!!!!

PS... the Paws and Claws was not "Super Duper"... It is actually "Scubby Doo Secret".... animal theme you know....

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!