what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just had a nice pour of OCPR with a fat roast beef sandwich. Will hit the Weller Centennial shortly but plan on switching over to beer and tequila this evening. Nice to be home alone for two weeks!:grin:

Four Roses Yellow Label Mint Julep yesterday. Heavy on the FR.

Best regards, Tony

I'm enjoying a nice pour of what was recently described as "a mixture of wheated bourbons made at Buffalo Trace, Bernheim, and Stitzel-Weller."

I'm enjoying a nice pour of what was recently described as "a mixture of wheated bourbons made at Buffalo Trace, Bernheim, and Stitzel-Weller."

PVW15 followed by some Old Fitz BIB 1991 after my Bears were eliminated from the Super Regional. They had their chance to go to the CWS last night, but an error on what should have been a routine double play cost them the game and then (as is usually the case) they lost today in extra innings. Oh well - it was a banner year for Baylor Sports!

#12 in Football

Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III

#8 in Men's BBall (reached Elite 8)

#1 in Women's BBall (won National Championship)

Women's College BBall Player of the Year - Britney Griner

#4 in Baseball (Won the Big 12 and had Big 12 Player of the Year)

#23 in Softball

#1 in Women's Equestrian (won National Championship over Auburn/Texas A&M)

#12 in Women's Tennis

#18 in Women's Golf

I'm finishing up the night with some Willett 8 yr.

A nice pour of the Julio's L&K 14YO Bowman bourbon ..... like liquid candy that drinks all to easy.....

Several long pours of Devils Cut (which is surprisingly bitter this time), as I watched the Devils lose to the Stanley Cup Champion Kings.

Then consoled myself with some ORVW 10/107

No bourbon tonight though as I am coming down with a cold, I though it appropriate a glass of Silver Select be prescribed. If the symptons are still there tomorrow night, it'll be Dr OGD 114.

No bourbon tonight though as I am coming down with a cold, I though it appropriate a glass of Silver Select be prescribed. If the symptons are still there tomorrow night, it'll be Dr OGD 114.

I love that Silver Select. Sorry to hear about the cold. OGD114 is a good remedy, though. But, if you have a rye available, particularly a strong rye, I find that helps when I have a cold. THHandy would be my prescription. :D

A couple of Guinnesses on draught and a couple of Maker's Mark for me last night.

Great meeting today, so I'm treating myself to a double Blanton's, with a scrumptious pork T-loin sammy and Cole slaw at Harry & Izzy's here at the Indy airport. The Blanton's is such a velvety and elegant pour. Nothing in excess, but first class from sniff to finish.

That was meant as humor.

Yeah...I realized that looking back, but it was late at the time and I was a couple of pours in. :lol:

Yeah...I realized that looking back, but it was late at the time and I was a couple of pours in. :lol:

I understand. Humor doesn't always translate well from thought to written word either.

Noah's Mill. First time for this one. Initial reaction is . . . "not bad!"

Beautiful weather here today, so we started early out on the deck with Rare Breed. I've been toying with the idea of opening up my pewter-topped Kentucky Spirit tonight at half-time of the NBA Finals, though WT CGF is calling as well. Decisions, decisions.

I'm having a couple of small sips of a WT 8/101 circa '68. It's actually a little mild. I've had '80s and early '90s stuff that rocked my world. This stuff is very delicate with the same awesome expression of caramel, but much less of a nose and finish.

Since I bought a Vintage 17 today, I'm continuing on the current one I have open. Debating on if I should crack open a 2010 Stagg I bought last week or wait till tomorrow.

SB blend, vatted 5-6 months. A lot of caramel tonight, less up front spice, rich mouthfeel, coating.

A nice healthy pour of WTR 101, followed by Old Charter Private Reserve. Neither really bourbon, but not sure where else to put the second one. :grin:

Trying TPS 4RSB for the first time - I'm beginning to understand some of the enthusiasm on SB for 4R

A friend showed up with FR1B and it couldn't have been more delicious. How many 1B's are consistently this good?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!