what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While on the funny scale BarrelChar got an Outstanding, you however get a Fail.

As for the topic, I am enjoying some Twisted Spoke, Weller 19 and a little ambrosia itself: Old Rip VW 12 year Old Time Rye.

I just peeled open the dripping red wax seal of a bottle of MM. First pour tastes like a first pour. We'll see how it develops. :cool:

update: That first four opened up nicely with some time in the glass. The second pour didn't need much time. Thumbs up for MM. :cool:

These folks make good whiskey.... I prefer the 46

A pour of MM tonight. It was all the bar had, and I asked for it in a lowball. It arrived in a glencairn. Perhaps it was the particular batch or the glass, but it tasted very very good.

Wheater night: ORVW 107 (fall 2011 purchase) and 2011 WLW (brought to 107) with small tastes of WSR from DSP 16 and a recent OWA single barrel thrown into the mix. The ORVW 107 is my top dog tonight.

4RSmBLE2011. Bought this for myself as a father's day gift, and started early.:cool:

This is damn fine Bourbon.

Had a great night, enjoying the following diluted down to 80 proof while watching my beloved Queensland Maroons play Rugby on FoxSports:

Red Stag Black Cherry (1789b Selection, Barrel #420, signed by Fred Noe)

Rebel Yell (Reid & Emerald XXI, fuchsia wax top)

Jim Beam Black (Paws & Claws "Super-Duper Secret" Private Bottling)

Yukon Jack (Gift Shop Edition, 1 of 4 Bottles ever produced)

Woodford Reserve Quadruple Oaked (Dug'z & Willyz, Decanter made of cubic zirconia-encrusted Gorilla Glass)

I'm assuming the rest of you had some pedestrian whiskeys available at mass market. I pity you!

I am really glad I went back far enough to read this post. You are often really good at voicing the annoyance/skepticism/jealously that I get on this site, which is dominated by people way richer and way more dedicated than I. Nicely done.

As for myself, it's been a rotation of some OGD 114 and a 1.75L EWB for weeks now. I have become hardcore enough to realize that EWB, while totally solid and drinkable, is not really THAT good compared to some of the other widely available whiskey's I've had.

I am really glad I went back far enough to read this post. You are often really good at voicing the annoyance/skepticism/jealously that I get on this site, which is dominated by people way richer and way more dedicated than I. Nicely done.

Well it's a bad attitude to have but at least you admit it. You ought to check out a wine board someday if you want to be annoyed, sceptical or jealous...but Mr. Parker charges for his unlike Mr. Butler. And many of us are dedicated enough to spend a lot money to meet in person and share our treasures with one another too...which as they say is priceless.

Fricky and I got togetheryesterday to drink some bourbon. We had Very Old Fitzgerald barreled in 1951; A.H.Hirsch 16 yr, Gold Foil; Old Fitzgeral BIB, barreled in 1967; Very Old Barton, 12 yr, 90 proof; and a J W Dant 8 yr, 86 proof from 1968. Good bourbon with a good friend.

Joe :usflag:

Just drinking one of my favorites, ORVW 10/107. I bought 2 bottles with the intention of hanging on to one for awhile. Of course, I said that about the PVW 15's I had... and the Weller 12's... and the PVW 20. Oh well. The stuff is made to be drunk and that's the part I'm good at!

Haven't decided what to drink yet and it's getting late!

Get some...I grabbed some Bowman 14yr SB...it's good but not the WOW experience that I was looking for tonight...I think I'm gonna hit some 2008 Pappy 15 in celebration of Father's Day tomorrow! :cool:

Haven't decided what to drink yet and it's getting late!

7 down already my friend: Bowman Rye Party Source 134.6 proof, Baby Saz, OGD ND 86 proof, ODD BIB '79-'87 and Bowman Bourbon SB 100 proof 14 year. Mid afternoon I also tasted off a recent Weller 12 versus the infamous Binny's Weller 12 that was really Bernheim 14. Had some white wine with homeade Shrimp Scampi for dinner too. "One more Saturday night" :grin:.

Had some great sips and even better convo tonight with mosugoji64 and Mrs. mosugoji64 in honor of her birthday.

Tonight it was Cork & Bottle bottles. ETL #18 vs. ETL #19 and then OWA #54. Some better than others but all good and a great time. Thanks!

Well it's a bad attitude to have but at least you admit it. You ought to check out a wine board someday if you want to be annoyed, sceptical or jealous...but Mr. Parker charges for his unlike Mr. Butler. And many of us are dedicated enough to spend a lot money to meet in person and share our treasures with one another too...which as they say is priceless.

To be clear, I think I have a pretty healthy jealousy. In fact, I think jealousy is the best confirmation of shared values and goals - so that well-managed jealousy is usually inseparable from admiration.

And to re-phrase the great American middle-class narrative, someday, when I am older, I will have finished paying my dues in the form of education and entry level work and will have 'made it' with enough disposable income so that I too can blow tons of money on brown liquid.

It seems to me that there are only two logical choices for Father's Day: Pappy and OGD. (Help me out if I forgot somebody.)

In honor of Father's Day, I opened a PHC 10 and had a nice pour this morning.

Like my daughter, it never disappoints.

Toasted my father on his day with some George T Stagg 2010. Only thing that would make it better is if he was here (or vice versa!) Cheers!

Hidden

I'm new to the board, but would love to learn how to join the Georgia Bourbon Society! Joined the Metro Atlanta Scotch Club a few months ago to expand my whiskey horizons, but still enjoy bourbon much more (our native spirit!)

Getting married in Savannah? Beautiful city. Great place for a wedding. Additionally, that also qualifies you for membership into the Georgia Bourbon Society!. I guess, double congratulations are in order!! :D

Sorry - still learning how to do this - meant to reply/quote to this message :grin:

I'm new to the board, but would love to learn how to join the Georgia Bourbon Society! Joined the Metro Atlanta Scotch Club a few months ago to expand my whiskey horizons, but still enjoy bourbon much more (our native spirit!)

Sorry - still learning how to do this - meant to reply/quote to this message :grin:

Gary, you've been a member for 8 months!!! Where have you been!?!? :D

Since I am a Pappy, I'm going with a pour of the SB.Com/KBS Barrel "C" private barrel of Pappy 23 for this Father's Day.

:toast:

All 3 of my kids should be home shortly and I'm going to pour some Rock Hill Farms. And grill a beef tenderloin. Maybe I'll follow with some Pappy, just to confirm the fathers day link.

Craig

Gary, you've been a member for 8 months!!! Where have you been!?!? :D

Since I am a Pappy, I'm going with a pour of the SB.Com/KBS Barrel "C" private barrel of Pappy 23 for this Father's Day.

:toast:

That's funny. I'm celebrating Father's Day and my younger son's 20th birthday with some PHC 10. Will probably follow with some Pappy as that seems to be the theme of the day. Happy Father's Day to all the rest of the dads out there.

I too will be having some Pappy later today to celebrate along with a nice cigar and some conversation with the family in the backyard.

Best regards, Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!