what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Toasted my father on his day with some George T Stagg 2010. Only thing that would make it better is if he was here (or vice versa!) Cheers!

Well said! I'll do the same tonight for my dad.

Gary, you've been a member for 8 months!!! Where have you been!?!? :D

Since I am a Pappy, I'm going with a pour of the SB.Com/KBS Barrel "C" private barrel of Pappy 23 for this Father's Day.

:toast:

I've missed a few meetings then!! :shocked: This may be blasphemy, but I bought myself a bottle of Pappy 20 yr as a graduation present - and I was pretty disappointed. I'm wondering if I got a "bad bottle" or something. I look forward to having an opportunity to share it with other "experts" to get their take :lol:

Really enjoying some '84 AA 86 proof today. Liquid candy, chewy and flavorful. Why is it again they can't seem to make 'em like this anymore?

Gary

Weller 12. Maybe a bit of burn is missing here (but the SB blend fixes that, if need be.) But really nothing needs to be fixed with this whiskey.

Had some great sips and even better convo tonight with mosugoji64 and Mrs. mosugoji64 in honor of her birthday.

Tonight it was Cork & Bottle bottles. ETL #18 vs. ETL #19 and then OWA #54. Some better than others but all good and a great time. Thanks!

Started with Dickel No. 8 as my "primer." Then moved on to taste the first sip of my first bottle of Michter's American (Unblended) Whiskey. Not bad at all, though a bit overpriced. Surprisingly-earthy in its taste.

Moving on to OGD 114, then finishing with KC Rye.

Moved onto small pours of ETL 15yr, ORVW 10/107 2010, and FR1B...it was a toss up between the FR1B and the ORVW 10/107...both were VERY enjoyable tonight! ;)

Some Lot B after a late day of working. The first pour out of the bottle held my attention yesterday as I slowly poured it into the glass. For some reason I slowed down my usual pouring speed to very slow, and just enjoyed watching the liquid swirl in the glass.

I could tell that this had a bit more body to it than my current open selections, watching it cling to the glass was a thing a beauty.

B

Starting off the night with Jefferson's Reserve Very Old. Not sure what's on deck after that.

A little Bernheim Wheat Whiskey to start off with, 2 pours of UD OC10 (amazing this is 86 proof!), and probably my last is an old Sazerac Benchmark NOLA.

Very Old Barton BIB for me tonight. For like $13 this is one I'm going to try to always have on hand. It's just that good.

OWA for me tonight. After my recent rye binge, getting back to my favorite wheater is especially pleasurable.

Kahn's SB OWA. After a week of being open, this one has turned into a very delicious pour. Thinking I may have to bunker some more of this. :grin:

I'm working on 1L bottle of EWB that's been open for 3.5 months which is a long time for me. The big news is, I'm drinking it out of a big 14oz. goblet which is giving me a better nosing experience than the small glencairn. Really enjoying the big glass. :cool:

Went through a few pours tonight.....

Sunny Brook ND 4yr 80 proof

SB blend 50/50 OWA & Weller 12

Old Fitz BiB SW

JPS 18yr Batch #14

My wife even got in on some of the action. Enjoyed some sunny brook then I fixed her two cocktails, Nor'easter and a Moscow Mule.

Right now, some 7yr EW. Going for some rye next, but haven't decided which one.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!