What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Haven't had it in forever and I still like it. Just a solid brew all around.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Haven't had it in forever and I still like it. Just a solid brew all around.

My assessment as well. Found one lurking in the back of the beer fridge this weekend and left it on the counter for 15 minutes or so before cracking it open. Wonderful as ever with nice fruity notes--the perfect quencher on a scorching hot day.

All over the map this holiday weekend. Mexican beer (Bohemia, Tecate and Dos Equis), German beer (Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Aventinus and a pair of Austrian beers: Gosser and Trumer) and a slew of American micros (Magic Hat #9, Three Floyds Gumballhead, Bell's Oberon and Two-Hearted Ale, Goose Island Honkers Ale, etc.). We set heat records here in Chicago the last few days, so anything cold within arm's reach went down the hatch. That went for whiskey and tequila too!:grin:

Hidden

Working out of my business partner's office today and am taking full advantage of "Beer Fridays." I'm finishing up some work while drinking a Terrapin Hopsecutioner in the office.

Today I am working out of my business partner's office and taking full advantage of "Beer Fridays." I'm finishing up some work while drinking a Terrapin Hopsecutioner in the office. It's a nice way to bring in the weekend.

Today I am working out of my business partner's office and taking full advantage of "Beer Fridays." I'm finishing up some work while drinking a Terrapin Hopsecutioner in the office. It's a nice way to bring in the weekend.

Atta boy! That's our Jack! :woohoo:

Just finished up my run with one-a-them 21st Amendment Monkey Beers.

Wells Young Courage Russian Imperial Stout, the revived (U.K.) imperial stout of Courage which was last in the market in the mid-90's. It's good but American and Canadian versions of the style equal and in some cases outpace it. Big coffee-malty flavour with good English hops underpinning.

Gary

Sam Adams Dark Depths Baltic Porter. Man, this stuff is good! I'll go out on a limb and say that this beer is as good as any I've had in six months.

Had a couple Avery Bourbon Barrel Aged Uncle Jacob's Stout show up at the office today!

Agree about the Sam Adams Dark Depths, outstanding beer, probably best new beer this year.

Gary

Agree about the Sam Adams Dark Depths, outstanding beer, probably best new beer this year.

Gary

Y'all are getting me pumped to try this! I picked up a bottle of this today, and plan on getting into it this weekend. The only thing better to look forward to, would be to pop it open with you guys by the pool at the GN during our afternoon beer tasting!

:toast:

Just finished a Rogue Dead Guy Ale, haven't had one in a while, while it's a good beer, it has an initial off note to it that I don't particularly care for.

Founder's Dry Hopped Pale Ale on just about the most perfect weather day you could ask for, here Down South. 75 degrees, very low humidity, a little breeze, and the bluest sky I've seen in some time. This Founder's is a crisp, clean, and perfect complement.

Founder's Dry Hopped Pale Ale on just about the most perfect weather day you could ask for, here Down South. 75 degrees, very low humidity, a little breeze, and the bluest sky I've seen in some time. This Founder's is a crisp, clean, and perfect complement.

Sounds awesome, Joe!:toast:

SN Torpedo from the can .... A darn good ups that you can always find!

SN Torpedo from the can .... A darn good ups that you can always find!

Probably the first time I've agreed with you on the forum. They've really been on their game in the past couple of years.

Probably the first time I've agreed with you on the forum. They've really been on their game in the past couple of years.

First time?? I don't seem to recall that we disgreed on much....

First time?? I don't seem to recall that we disgreed on much....

Maybe you're right. I even have a steel blue shirt of my own :) It's a Founders Expedition Stout logo, but still...

Maybe you're right. I even have a steel blue shirt of my own :) It's a Founders Expedition Stout logo, but still...

Possibly a Bell's shirt??? Steel blue is good.....

Possibly a Bell's shirt??? Steel blue is good.....

Oh my god, yes, you're right. Kalamazoo, I love you!

New Glarus IIPA and Fat Squirrle before, and a coupla MGD's (with obligatory brat :D) at Miller Park for Brewers/Cubs game. The IIPA was fantastic. You could smell it in the glass from 8 feet away. BTW, Miller Park is one cool baseball park. I had very good seats, but looking around, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. All seats seem to be practically right on top of the field. Great venue.

Also, couldn't resist picking up a "Cerveceros" T-shirt. The jersey's were cool. What a clever idea!

New Glarus IIPA and Fat Squirrle before, and a coupla MGD's (with obligatory brat :D) at Miller Park for Brewers/Cubs game. The IIPA was fantastic. You could smell it in the glass from 8 feet away. BTW, Miller Park is one cool baseball park. I had very good seats, but looking around, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. All seats seem to be practically right on top of the field. Great venue.

Also, couldn't resist picking up a "Cerveceros" T-shirt. The jersey's were cool. What a clever idea!

Just finished watching John Smoltz have his number 29 retired here at Turner Field. "Toughest" pitcher the Brave's ever had in that great rotation. This Bud's for you Smoltzie!! Now, for the game!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.