What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

post-4808-14489817999799_thumb.jpg

I visted Rogue Brewery tonight and enjoyed some beers and a burger there! I had sample pours of the following:

Brutal IPA

Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale (from Deadliest Catch)

Dad's

Little Helper Black IPA

Rogue Chocolate Stout

Hazelnut Brown Ale

New

Crustly Barelywine

Chipotle Ale

Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

(Nitro)

Chatoe Rogue Single Malt

I plan on heading back there tomorrow as I have more investigating to do!

post-4808-14489817999799_thumb.jpg

Founder's KBS.It's as close as I could get to actual bourbon tonight in this heat. Maybe after one of these...

Just cracked open a bottle of Rogue Double Dead Guy. Pretty good stuff. But I'm not sure that it's THAT much better than regular Dead Guy. And Dead Guy is probably my favorite beer.

Just demolished a Corona in just under 8 seconds after a laboring run on a hot day. I usually post this at least once a year after a run like this, but it's worth repeating...I realize that Corona gets poo-poo'd alot by beer pros, but to me, there are not any beers that hit the spot better than Corona after a good workout on a hot day. It hit the spot at Hilton Head last week, too. Nice beach beer. Corona does have its moments.

Drinking some IPA from the newly opened West Sixth Brewing here in Lexington. Truly one of the better IPA's I've had. And it only comes in a can!

Good stuff, but you really need to get down there and try their Heller Heaven Douple IPA. Really nice. Their Snake Eyes Imperial Stout is pretty great too. Love that place and Country Boy.

Good stuff, but you really need to get down there and try their Heller Heaven Douple IPA. Really nice. Their Snake Eyes Imperial Stout is pretty great too. Love that place and Country Boy.

I was just down there earlier today. I tried the Brown, which was ok. Wasn't there for very long. Mainly went just to get a sixer of the IPA and the check the place out.

Country Boy is great too.

They carry the sixers at Liquor Barn now. Hell, we were in Danville today and saw them a couple of places there. Decent micro in Danville too, Lore.

They carry the sixers at Liquor Barn now. Hell, we were in Danville today and saw them a couple of places there. Decent micro in Danville too, Lore.

Yeah I heard the Barns carry it now. But I try to avoid giving Liquor Barn any of my money as I work for a competitor in the area.

Finally back in the game this weekend with a Righteous Ale by Sixpoint.

Pabst Blue Ribbon was on sale at my grocery store, so I decided to try it for the sake of nostalgia. I was mainly interested to know whether it tastes the same as back in the 60's and 70's. To my pleasant surprise, it is very close. Maybe not exactly the same, but very close.

It is amazing how you can remember a flavor from 40 years ago.

Tim

Pabst Blue Ribbon was on sale at my grocery store, so I decided to try it for the sake of nostalgia. I was mainly interested to know whether it tastes the same as back in the 60's and 70's. To my pleasant surprise, it is very close. Maybe not exactly the same, but very close.

It is amazing how you can remember a flavor from 40 years ago.

Tim

That's how I was with Ballantine Ale and Schafer after not seeing either one on a store shelf for more than 20 years, except that the latter turned out not tasting as I had remembered it which was disappointing.

48 latitude IPA from Sammy Adams. Not bad, but not a good match for the hot day outside.

Sitting pretty at the bar at 3 Floyd's Brewpub in Munster, IN drinking Arctic Panzer Wolf and Dreadnaught IPA so far. Both IPA's around 9-9.5%, both delicious and similar but with subtle differences. Hops are a bit more crisp in the Arctic Panzer while the Dreadnaught's more malty body tames the hop character on the palate and adds some weight to the finish.

Can't overindulge, gotta get going to the MI wedding where Pappy15 and PHC Golden Anniversary await! You can bet a couple bombers will follow me on my travels...

That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon, Aaron. Have fun!

Sitting pretty at the bar at 3 Floyd's Brewpub in Munster, IN drinking Arctic Panzer Wolf and Dreadnaught IPA so far. Both IPA's around 9-9.5%, both delicious and similar but with subtle differences. Hops are a bit more crisp in the Arctic Panzer while the Dreadnaught's more malty body tames the hop character on the palate and adds some weight to the finish.

Can't overindulge, gotta get going to the MI wedding where Pappy15 and PHC Golden Anniversary await! You can bet a couple bombers will follow me on my travels...

I was there yesterday enjoying zombie dust and apocalypse cow with a scotch egg. Brought a few bottles of AC home with me.

Spent a few days in Chicago area:

Acre Taproom - New Belgium La Folie

Hopleaf - Revolution Saison

Sheffields - Revolution Double Fist

Met some brewers from Revolution, Marty was great, hooked us up with some great samples.

World Of Beer - Ska Modus Hoperandi

Very enjoyable week of beers.

Founder's Double Trouble for me tonight. A pretty good IPA, imho. However my current favorite is still the IPA from local brewer West Sixth.

Two Brothers Hop Juice and Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I can't get enough of the hops these days and will seek out Lake Erie Monster tomorrow at Binny's.

That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon, Aaron. Have fun!

As I sit here drinking one of the Arctic Panzer Wolf bombers I brought away with me, I can't wait to make a repeat trip out there, maybe when I have some more time. For being so close to Chicago, it's actually not a small haul from the N. Side having to traverse some of the worst traffic-strewn courses in this fair city.

I was there yesterday enjoying zombie dust and apocalypse cow with a scotch egg. Brought a few bottles of AC home with me.

Spent a few days in Chicago area:

Acre Taproom - New Belgium La Folie

Hopleaf - Revolution Saison

Sheffields - Revolution Double Fist

Met some brewers from Revolution, Marty was great, hooked us up with some great samples.

World Of Beer - Ska Modus Hoperandi

Very enjoyable week of beers.

Sounds great! I think that Acre taproom is brand new because when I went to the brewery for some Double Daisy Cutter, there was nowhere to hang out. DDC has completely ruined me on the regular DC now, it's just too sweet for me. And though they're a stone's throw away from my home, there's really nothing they make that I'm all that attracted to.

This Arctic Panzer Wolf is just divine, did I mention that already? I'm going through a 3 Floyd's phase, big time. This stuff is a punch in the face and a bed of roses all in one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.