What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got into a 2012 Stone Russian Imperial Stout last night...buy them if you find them, quite exceptional. I'm going back for more.

Didn't quite have the body I was looking for, but apparently that can come with some age. I'll grab a few more next time I see some and do a little age trial.

Warm evening last night, so we went with Mexican beer and tequila. I really enjoy Bohemia for a change of pace and tonight it'll be Tecate.

Not impressed with the Samuel Adams 'summer collection'. Especially the cherry/wheat. :skep:

Flying Dog - Underdog Lager

A fine new session beer at 4.7% Not malty like Session Red and not bitter like Bitter American, this one sits right in the middle of those two. It had enough body to give a good mouth feel but not so much as to make you feel full. It's not sweet nor bitter and has just enough flavor to keep you interested.

http://flyingdogales.com/beers/#/The+Pack/UnderDog

I was also really impressed by another session beer, Founders All Day IPA. Very tasty stuff!

http://foundersbrewing.com/the-lineup/all-day-ipa

Not impressed with the Samuel Adams 'summer collection'. Especially the cherry/wheat. :skep:

The next person I find that likes Cherry Wheat will be the first. It feels like a hostage beer to me -- to get a sampler pack of things you want to try, you are taking this cherry poison as well. Shocked it hasn't been dropped from the line-up, as I generally like most of the beers they make.

The next person I find that likes Cherry Wheat will be the first. It feels like a hostage beer to me -- to get a sampler pack of things you want to try, you are taking this cherry poison as well. Shocked it hasn't been dropped from the line-up, as I generally like most of the beers they make.

Ha! The SA Holiday pack used to include it's own "Hostage Beer" (love that description, BTW :)) the dreadful (To me, anyways) Cranberry Lambic. Fortunately, they removed it the last couple of years.

Agree about the Cranberry Lambic and the Cherry Wheat....yuk!

My favorites in the Holiday pack are the Old Feziwig and the Black and Brew Coffee Stout.

Outside temperature dropped...sitting on the deck enjoying a Bells Two Hearted wishing I lived in Ohio, Michigan, N Carolina or the Chicago area so I could try the Founders All Day IPA. Sounds like I need to take a little ride.

Jon

Southbound, will be in Macon tomorrow. Stopped at Country Boy Brewing in Lexington for a stretch of the legs and a pint of Fulcan-A IPA. Georgia here we come!

Firestone 805 Blond Ale ... keepin' it local!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Ha! The SA Holiday pack used to include it's own "Hostage Beer" (love that description, BTW :)) the dreadful (To me, anyways) Cranberry Lambic. Fortunately, they removed it the last couple of years.

I borrowed the 'hostage' term from the wine world -- some of the hot wineries try slowing cherry pickers and/or flippers by making them buy bottles+ of less desirable items to get the ones they want.

Forgot about Cranberry Lambic -- that one blows too.

jester king mad meg on cask at Hay Merchant in Houston. Later will be at Karbach tasting event at Reserve 101.

Budweiser from a can... I'm so ashamed! :shocked:

I'll be hoisting a few of those tomorrow evening... golf league. :grin:

Founders Dirty Bastard - really a good brew.

Agree there! Have found all of the Founders brews to be excellent -

Had a Bitter Valentine from Williamsburg Alewerks last evening.... one of the best undiscovered IPA's made today... IMO.... Thanks Steve!!

Founders Dirty Bastard - really a good brew.

We had a very cool evening last night so decided to go with the Scottish stuff too in order to make room in the beer fridge for the warm weather months: Founders Dirty Bastard, Sam Adams Wee Heavy and Orkney Skull Splitter, my favorite of the bunch.

Oskar Blues Dale's and Deviant Dale's at the beach, Tybee Island

Nothin special for the brew, it was only colors light, but it was on the maiden voyage if our first boat. It tasted mighty nice!

Alas, I have had to give up beer for a while, as much as I love it. I have been on a low-carb, gluten-free diet since the day after Easter. I do not like low-carb beers, so that is not a good substitute for me, whether they are gluten-free or not.

The good news is that I have lost 15 pounds since then. :cool:

Tim

I consumed a number of cans of Bitter American at a party yesterday and I am none the worse for the wear today. Easily my favorite beer lately.

It's a great racing day on television with the Monaco GP, Indy 500 and the Coke 600 today. With the steamy temps outside, it's tempting to just chill inside.

too hot for anything but Leine's summer shandy. At least from the michigan gas station's selection.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.