What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 X Elmer T. Lee

1 X Henry McKenna 10 year old

12 X Weller 12/90 (yeap, an entire case!)

Received a call from a liquor store manager asking if I wanted the last of their E.H. Taylor Tornado Survivor. Hell yes I did! Seems as though the first bottle I opened has a leak or something as the contents are almost gone. :grin:

1 weller 12

2 eh Taylor tornado

1 2010 OFBB (hiding behind the 2011 stack!)

And.......

One VWFR Rye!!!! Don't ask - I'm just a very lucky guy!

forgot to look for the Botanist gin from Islay:smiley_acbt:

met and spoke with Tom Bulleit at Binnys World of Whisky Thursday night

IMAG0553.jpg

x2 Willett 5yr ryes. Looking forward to doing a comparison on this with a 3yr and 4yr rye. Big fan of the 4yr.

The non bourbon pick of the day was a Pyrat Rum Cask 1623. Normally would not have gone for this, but a sample taste of this did me in with convincing, and the price was too good to pass up. Huge nose, perfumes the room when opened.

B

I got a few bottles for my birthday:

PHC 5th

E.H.Taylor Sour Mash

& 4R1B

Pretty excited! :grin: :cool:

Picked up a bottle of Lot B at Binny's yesterday. Looking forward to comparing it to my 2008 bottles.

Like some others did i hit up Binnys yesterday with the one day discount and i got a few things i was running low on.

Binnys BT

Binnys Blantons

Elmer T Lee

VOB

FR OBSQ

Picked up my first 4RSmB. Very impressive price/performance, the SmB may take over the "normal everyday bourbon" slot in the bar.

Also picked up a WT101Rye for the bunker.

Like some others did i hit up Binnys yesterday with the one day discount and i got a few things i was running low on.

Binnys BT

Binnys Blantons

Elmer T Lee

VOB

FR OBSQ

Did you crack that Blanton's open yet? I was this close to grabbing one Saturday night. With that coupon I wanted to clean the place out. :grin: I somehow managed to control myself and just grabbed a few things.

OWA

Weller 12

WT101

FR OBSO

-Steve

I didn't actually plan on buying anything. (I know, famous last words), but while waiting for my daughter to complete her dance class, I strolled over to a small liquor store nearby to see what they had. (new owner who seems to regularly find some old stuff in the back room like the late 90s Beam Black 7/90) On the middle shelf, behind a few odd bottles I spied an old dusty (literally) bottle with the tax strip still intact.

A bottle of I. W. Harper Gold Medal, the 4 year 80 proof expression. With only 4 years and low proof, I don't exactly have great expectations for this, but the old price tag was $21 and reduced to $16. When the owner saw me looking at it he said just to clear the shelf space he would lete have it for $10. Well, it seemed worth that peice for the novelty alone, so I took it home.

1x Parker's Heritage Golden Anniversary - randomly found a place that had 4 of these. Going to save this one for a special occasion based on the reviews.

Picked up two more WT Rye 101s. Retailer told me to get it while I can, first I've heard anything at the retail level. Hopefully I've stocked enough for whatever down time there is.

Picked up a few I don't usually see around here. I think they are halfway to dusty.

viKGp.jpg

WTKS Smooth Dark top from 04

Johnny Drum 12 yr old

Pure Kentucky XO

Sam Houston NAS

Old Bardstown 10yr old (2)

JW Dant BIB, bottle says 99 on the bottom

The clerk gave me a nice discount, and threw in a bottle of the Early Times 150 yr .375 bottle.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!