What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just grabbed 3 bottles of JPS 18 for $75.99.

I got one of those too. Hope it's one that David said was older and unchillfiltered since they seemed to have gotten bottles for other retailers.

EHT Tornado x 1

PHC wheated x 2

OFBB 2010 x 1

...yet another expensive day. I could have passed on the Tornado (because I think they'll be around for at least a couple months) and the OFBB, but those PHC's are my consolation prize for missing the Pappy by one day at my favorite store. Fortunately, on many nights, I prefer the consolation prize.

2 X ORVW 10/90 bottled 2010.

The first VW I've found at a reasonable price. Was excited to bring it home and pop it open. So far I am finding it very average. Big alcohol burn at the end.

I was looking for ORVW 10/90, didn't find any around Boston, but was able to console myself with a bottle of Lot B. Also in this shopping run, picked up a Baby Saz and some wine and slivovitz (plum brandy) for Passover.

Picked up the remaining two lonely bottles of EWSB 2000 from the Louisville Costco.

Plenty of 2001 and 2002 left at $23.99 for those interested .....

Picked up an EHT Tornado. Probably will wait a while to crack this one, but I wanted to snag it before it disappeared forever.

Picked up JPS 18yr Batch #25 (which is phenomenal...it has a better nose than PVW 15) and a bottle of Vintage Bourbon 17yr.

Picked up a Ritt Bib and ordered my first VWFRR that should be delivered on Monday. Only had it in a bar before and am really happy to finally get a bottle of my own.

While i was out i figured i would stop and pick up a couple OWA to stash away in case the other thread holds true. As i was looking over the aisle to see if i needed anything else i spot two pappy 15s for $50 a bottle so i picked those up as well. It surprised me cause this store never carried it before.

Driving through Tennessee and North Carolina, I picked up some bottles I can't find in PA.

Evan Williams BIB

Mellow Corn

Virgin 101

and of course....

5 bottles of OWA.

I picked up several bottles which I have never had before.

2X J.W. Dant BIB (Distilled at DSP-KY-2) with 93 on the bottom of the bottle

2X VOB BIB, bottled in 2004

1X VOB 86 proof

1X VOB 90 proof

1X OWA 107

1X Old Charter 12yr "The Classic" 90 proof

Asked a store manager in rural Ga. well-stocked store if he had any BTAC. He replied: no just regular BT.

Turned around and looking at ryes and see Saz 18 and 3 Handy's staring me in the face: $65.

Manager says: "I didn't know you meant ryes".

Left with the Saz and 1 Handy.:cool: :cool:

3x Sazerac 18 just sitting on the shelf in Rochester, NY.

Then they brought out a PVW 23 year to fill the space. I pretty much burned all my money on the fall release, so I left it for the next guy. (If you're interested where send me a message).

2xTPS OWA

1xW12

Going to SB blend 1 OWA & the 12, picked up an extra OWA just in case.

Picked up a few things today. The bourbon is going to the bunker...the beer went to the fridge.

post-6748-14489817810081_thumb.jpg

Picked up a few things today. The bourbon is going to the bunker...the beer went to the fridge.

How about the Rye? :) That must be going in the stomach!

I was searching for PVW 10/107, but had to console myself with a Lot B instead. I would have had a tough time not buying a PVW20 if one turned up, as my budget is kinda tight right now.

In preparation for Passover, I bought four bottles of wine from Israel, and a bottle of slivovitz (plum brandy), because grain spirits are as much against the rules as eating bread for Passover week.

OWSR7 and a WT Rye 101 to boot. Kicking myself for not picking up a couple of OWA7's I saw a few weeks ago, but it was them or a VWFRR. I hope the little guys found a nice home.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!