What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked off another EWSB 2000 today. Two more to go!!:grin: :toast:

I agree! I lucked into some bottles of the 2000 at the local Costco and stashed them in the bunker. At a little more than $20 a bottle, they are an exceptional value.

I'm a big BT fan, but I've been branching out a bit lately and have really been impressed with some of the offerings from HH.

Ritt 21-year and Vintage 23-year ryes.

I just picked up these two as well. I have the 23 cracked and it is quite good, very different from the V21. The Ritt I will save for a while, as I have so many open now I don't have room left on the bar.

If you open the Ritt21 let us know what you think-

Cheers,

RW

Today arrived:

Old Overholt

Ezra Brooks Black Label

OGD Rye

Buffalo Trace

Any opinions?

I was beginning to think there was no such thing as a true dusty around here, but it turns out I was just focused on the wrong thing. I always looked for 750ml dusties before, but decided I had better chances with smaller bottles that get overlooked behind the counter. Today I proved that theory correct.

I picked up 6 bottles of Old Fitzgerald BIB from DSP-KY-16 and 2 bottles of JW Dant distilled/bottled by DSP-KY-2/16. I'm looking forward to these.

dusties.jpg

6 bottles of Old Fitzgerald BIB from DSP-KY-16 and 2 bottles of JW Dant distilled/bottled by DSP-KY-2/16. I'm looking forward to these.

Not much of a wheater fan, but similar JW dant's were a big hit at an informal tasting. Good finds!

I was beginning to think there was no such thing as a true dusty around here, but it turns out I was just focused on the wrong thing. I always looked for 750ml dusties before, but decided I had better chances with smaller bottles that get overlooked behind the counter. Today I proved that theory correct.

I picked up 6 bottles of Old Fitzgerald BIB from DSP-KY-16 and 2 bottles of JW Dant distilled/bottled by DSP-KY-2/16. I'm looking forward to these.

dusties.jpg

Nice finds! I've scored some similar mid-90s OF BIBs. They're very good. Not quite as good as the early 80s glut stuff, but very nice.

dusties.jpg

What year are those OFs?

The OFs have bottom bottle dates of 1992. The JW Dant bottles also have 1992 on the bottom.

I just picked up a bottle of Blanton's. I'm looking forward to enjoying it over the course of the summer.

Bought a bottle of GTS 2011 today. Looking forward to opening it up.

Picked up a few more bottles of Vintage 17yr today. When I came home last night I found a few packages...a bottle of Whistle Pig (thanks, William!), two bottles of Leopold Bros. Rye, a Willett 21yr Bourbon, Smooth Ambler Old Scout, and a couple of bottles from FEW.

I went to a store today to pick up 2 bottles of OWA, just in case they are going to stop making it. While I was there I saw they had about a case of ORVW 10/90, which I do not like, on the bottom shelf; for some reason I decided to get on my hands and knees and look in the back. I see a bottle that is a different color, it is gold, it is ORVW 10/107!! :shocked: The store did not even know they had a bottle left.

I went to a store today to pick up 2 bottles of OWA, just in case they are going to stop making it. While I was there I saw they had about a case of ORVW 10/90, which I do not like, on the bottom shelf; for some reason I decided to get on my hands and knees and look in the back. I see a bottle that is a different color, it is gold, it is ORVW 10/107!! :shocked: The store did not even know they had a bottle left.

Pretty sweet. I'd rather sip the 10/107 but I find the 10/90 makes a tasty cocktail (Old Fashioned, Mint Julep, etc) and isn't so pricey that you feel guilty. Without strategic markup, it's about the same price as a Maker's.

Picked up a bottle of KBD Pure Kentucky XO. 12 Years Old and 107 Proof.

Had some extra cash that the wife was unaware of.

3 bottles of OWA 7yr old label @22.99 which cleaned out a shop I've been picking at. Also an EC12 old label at $22.99, FC 6yr @$18.99, and Old Ezra 7yr @ $14.99.

Picked up some dusty Dant BiB DSP 2/31. Very tasty, and a great deal at $7.70/Liter. I've been staying away from Dant for quite some time now, because I had some from Bardstown that was pretty bad, but this from Frankfort is very good especially for the price.

Picked up some dusty Dant BiB DSP 2/31. Very tasty, and a great deal at $7.70/Liter. I've been staying away from Dant for quite some time now, because I had some from Bardstown that was pretty bad, but this from Frankfort is very good especially for the price.

My Frankfort is very nice too. Nice price, by the way!

Picked up an EC18 and some baby Saz for a little get together tonight. Looking forward to both.

Was able to source 3 PVW15s, a Tornado and 2 OWAs. The PVW15 were marked up about $8 more than normal but the Tornado and OWA were the lowest I've seen (on the east coast at least). All in all, a very reasonable purchase in my opinion.

You never know when something totally unexpected may come your way. Today in Louisville I was able to purchase the following:

1 x PVW 15

1x. ORVW 10/107

Unbelievable, and yes, all that the store had.

A very good day!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yw2hwd

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!