What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was searching for PVW 10/107, but had to console myself with a Lot B instead. I would have had a tough if a PVW20 turned up, as my budget is kinda tight right now.

In preparation for Passover, I bought four bottles of wine from Israel, and a bottle of slivovitz (plum brandy), because drinking fermented grain spirits is as much against the rules as eating bread during Passover week.

How about the Rye? :) That must be going in the stomach!

haha already have one open...i need a few more for the bunker!

OWSR7 and a WT Rye 101 to boot. Kicking myself for not picking up a couple of OWA7's I saw a few weeks ago, but it was them or a VWFRR. I hope the little guys found a nice home.

You found a VWFRR in MI? I figured it would be long gone by now, well done.

Well, not today, but I picked up a bottle of E. H. Taylor Tornado on Tuesday and two bottles of Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout (bourbon barrel aged) on Wednesday.

Bulliet Rye, my first Rye

I really enjoyed it. Will have to add others to my stash.

Do you need an intervention if you go to 8 liquor stores in one weekend?

When you start with a single bottle of crown a year ago, it takes a lot of different stores to get a variety. For once I'm looking forward to future business trips as it will give me an opportunity to find some bottles.

Stopped by store today and grabbed a couple of ORVW 10/107. Never had it and i am excited to try it.:cool:

Just got back from our 3 day bourbon trail run and got a couple from a private tour at KBD(Willet's) and from a Lexington Liquor Barn.

2 EH Taylor Tornado for $67 from LB

3 Willett 5yr Rye (Proofed at 121.6, 132 bottles from the barrel)

Got three after tasting as to me it was better than my favorite, THH Rye. For $39 a bottle just damn that was impressive. That distillery now up and running is beautiful on that small scale. Thanks to a SB friend and to Britt Chavanne.

Nothing fancy but today I picked up an Evan Williams Single Barrel 2002 and a bottle of Rowan's Creek. Also picked up a bottle of Rioja for the gf so bringing home another 2 bottles of whiskey would be a little easier .

Bulliet Rye, my first Rye

I really enjoyed it. Will have to add others to my stash.

Do you need an intervention if you go to 8 liquor stores in one weekend?

When you start with a single bottle of crown a year ago, it takes a lot of different stores to get a variety. For once I'm looking forward to future business trips as it will give me an opportunity to find some bottles.

Around Boston, I find myself visiting dozens of liquor stores. Most have only standard offerings. Those with better/unusual/rare bottles usually have only a few of the special ones, which means that I need to remember which store has which bottle when I'm going back to actually buy it. Sometimes even mundane things, like OGD BIB, are available at only one or two stores that I visit.

While out looking for some Old Weller Antique, I happened across this.

At $28 per bottle for a case, I couldn't resist.

post-7275-14489817837683_thumb.jpg

Picked up a few bottles I haven't tried yet...

Lot B

ORVW 10/107

CEHT Tornado

Hit up the Lincoln Park Binny's today. Here is what got snatched.

1 EH Taylor Tornado

1 EC 18yr

1 Binny's Bottling 4R SB OBSK

Got a 2nd bottle of Vintage Bourbon 17 and a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked.

While out looking for some Old Weller Antique, I happened across this.

At $28 per bottle for a case, I couldn't resist.

Nice find! I've never seen one on a shelf around here but knowing my local prices it would prob be $50+. I can't think of many bourbons for $28 I would rather have.

Picked off another EWSB 2000 today. Two more to go!!:grin: :toast:

Picked off another EWSB 2000 today. Two more to go!!:grin: :toast:

Maybe an over-reaction, but a case of OWA!! :smiley_acbt:

Can never have enough OWA and it won't be getting any cheaper...

Picked up a bottle of EC12. At least one distillery with good yeast still uses age statements!:lol: :lol:

2akldw6.jpg

Out the last two days looking for some OWA, and found some but not the ones I imagined.

I just picked up a bottle of Blanton's. I'm looking forward to enjoying it over the course of the summer.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!