What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How have you been recognized as the leading candidate for BOTY? Is that a self proclamation?

I had an active day, and I never left the office:

V17 wheater

HW son of Bourye

HW Bourye

HW 16yr rye

HW 21yr rye

ORVW 10/90, the only VW I've gotten this spring

I had an active day, and I never left the office:

V17 wheater

HW son of Bourye

HW Bourye

HW 16yr rye

HW 21yr rye

ORVW 10/90, the only VW I've gotten this spring

Great haul! I am loving the high west products.

All I was able to secure today was a lonely Pappy 20

6 John J. Bowman 14 yr 100pr Bourbon arrived today via Stork! :)

Glad to see that buying freeze is going well!

Glad to see that buying freeze is going well!

:lol: These were comitted to months ago...they just finally arrived! By the way, the buying freeze is only in effect for off the shelf bottles...;)

TPS Willett 9 year

2X TPS Willett 5 year rye

handle of Old Charter 10

Which one is not like the others :)

Kahn's single barrel BT

Paper label WSR

It's good to know where to find some lingering little gems!

Good or bad deal?

I found a bottle of PVW23 a couple of days ago and bought it for just over $200. Then I stopped by my new favorite liquor store and traded it to the owner for the following:

1 x Jeffersons Presidential Select 18 year

1 x Four Roses single barrel LE 2012

1 X Noah's Mill

1 x Rowans Creek

1 X Pure Ky XO

1 X Wathens

1 x Evan Williams single barrel 2012

I already had PVW 20 and 15, but had never really desired the 23 (I buy mine for drinking, not collecting or selling on eBay).

So, what do you think? Good deal or not?

Good or bad deal?

I found a bottle of PVW23 a couple of days ago and bought it for just over $200. Then I stopped by my new favorite liquor store and traded it to the owner for the following:

1 x Jeffersons Presidential Select 18 year

1 x Four Roses single barrel LE 2012

1 X Noah's Mill

1 x Rowans Creek

1 X Pure Ky XO

1 X Wathens

1 x Evan Williams single barrel 2012

I already had PVW 20 and 15, but had never really desired the 23 (I buy mine for drinking, not collecting or selling on eBay).

So, what do you think? Good deal or not?

Adding up the low retail cost of the bottles you received, I got a number just over $300...so I'd say you got a fair deal if you actually like everything you got.

A picture is worth a thousand words......

Went hunting today and came back with these. I had to take a second look when I saw the price. I gladly paid the $99 and was practically skipping when I left the store.

post-8121-14489817902723_thumb.jpg

Put in an order today at partysource for:

EH Taylor Tornado, makes my 3rd in bunker and finished, no more.

Abraham Bowman Barrel No. 10 143.4 19yr

Abraham Bowman Barrel No. 11 147.7 17yr

Pumped to taste those latter of the three. I missed out on the high proofed AB Rye's for just waiting to damn long, not this time.

thanks to Mr. Dridge, I also hopped on the AB SB #10 train.

I'm just going to have to concede that I have little to no willpower and they market these one off bottlings for dummies like me. Which would be fine, if I had all the money in the world. Sadly, not the case.

*Edit -- didn't catch how many were released, but both AB SB's (10 & 11) are now gone. Roll call -- who got in?*

I'm just going to have to concede that I have little to no willpower and they market these one off bottlings for dummies like me. Which would be fine, if I had all the money in the world. Sadly, not the case.

*Edit -- didn't catch how many were released, but both AB SB's (10 & 11) are now gone. Roll call -- who got in?*

Thanks to your text I got in!

One each of barrel 10 & 11

I got one of each along with a AAA TPS! woooo!

One of each...I wanted to alert my fellow SB'ers, but wasn't sure the code of mentioning stuff like that on here since the lurkers might team up to clean them out.

I think there were like 100 bottles of each?

I got in on the Abe Bowman very early. There were still 80 or so bottles of each when I ordered. I got both barrel 10 and 11 along with a Vintage 17 wheater, JTS Brown 100, and a couple TPS AAA 10yr.

Package(s) should arrive tomorrow and I'll probably crack open at least one of the Bowmans right away.

I got in on the Abe Bowman very early. There were still 80 or so bottles of each when I ordered. I got both barrel 10 and 11 along with a Vintage 17 wheater, JTS Brown 100, and a couple TPS AAA 10yr.

Package(s) should arrive tomorrow and I'll probably crack open at least one of the Bowmans right away.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!