What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A few quasi dusties today

Old Charter 10yo Ducks Unlimited edition. Has the UD UPC

Johnny Drum 12yo

Old Bardstown 10yo

Stopped by the Tower on Buford and the other on Piedmont to purchase a Taylor Tornado and a couple of Weller 12yr bottles, respectively.

I just vatted my SB blend to try out soon enough!! Thx for the report Kevin and Joe!:toast:

Picked up a 1/2 case of Weller 12 today. That should keep me well stocked for a few months :)

I decided to pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig 18, having never tried it. Since it's going away for a while, I thought now might be a good time.

My wife and I were out shopping yesterday. Since we were in the vicinity, my wife asked me if I want to stop at Everett's. :skep: Does a bear shit in the woods?! :lol: I bought a bottle of their ERSB that Gary and I had a hand in picking out. What the heck? I haven't bought much lately. :grin: I also got the news that their new bottling of Weller SR should arrive soon. I hope it's as good as the last one they picked. :yum:

2 x OWA 7yr paper label

1 x HW Bourye

Very happy to snag the former, and very excited to try the latter!

Went to buy flowers for the flower beds, and the wife and I ended up in Kentucky. Picked up:

VOB BIB [1.75L]

AAA 10YO [1.75L]

Neither of these are available in WV, and are my everyday pour.

I picked up a couple of Weller 12 bottles this weekend just because I could. Glad to see it finally show up in ATL!

Picked up my first bottle of Weller Antique for $18.99.

Sipping on my first pour as we 'speak'. Very impressed thus far!

Question for you experts out there... Should I give it any ice? I'm sipping neat, at the moment, and enjoying immensely. But this is the highest proof bourbon I've had, so I'm curious if a little ice would open it up a bit?

Question for you experts out there... Should I give it any ice? I'm sipping neat, at the moment, and enjoying immensely. But this is the highest proof bourbon I've had, so I'm curious if a little ice would open it up a bit?

If ice has anything to do with you getting an answer since you posted this, I'd say no and from my experience I'd say no. I'd reserve all ice for knees and black eyes.

Should I give it any ice? I'm sipping neat, at the moment, and enjoying immensely.

I think you answered your own question right here. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:grin:

It's a beautiful thing neat, glad you're enjoying it!

Picked up a bottle of Vintage Bourbon.

Had a pour of the newer version last week and enjoyed it a lot. Figured I'd grab a bottle for house.

Heh, purists. I dunno if I'm an "expert", but I occasionally do like ice in my bourbon, and like OWA with a cube. Go ahead, it's not like you're going to ruin the last dram of S-W on Earth... :)

Heh, purists. I dunno if I'm an "expert", but I occasionally do like ice in my bourbon, and like OWA with a cube. Go ahead, it's not like you're going to ruin the last dram of S-W on Earth... :)

The correct answer is: Drink the dram however the hell you like it best. Why the hell should you care what some guy on the internets says?

"The Last Dram of S-W on Earth." Brilliant line. This would make for a great suspense/science-fiction piece, set in the next century. Who wants to give it a go? Josh? Aaron?

Another few bottles of the Julio's Micro Batch OWA..... very nice juice for the $$$....

Picked up a lonely Lot B on a shelf in a random store in MD. After looking at the EC18 for $65 sitting next to it, I think I got a steal.

The Lord is good to me. :grin: I got the last bottle in the store of PHC 1st ed. 129.6 proof. Yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!:thankyousign::toast:

Replaced a recently departed Buffalo Trace, along with one of those little Early Times 100 proof whiskeys, and four WT Rye 101's.

Been a shit week at work/home, so picked up a bottle of Pappy 15 tonight.

Question - how do I know what year it is?

Been a shit week at work/home, so picked up a bottle of Pappy 15 tonight.

Question - how do I know what year it is?

Check the stamp in black ink near the bottom on the side. Post what it says and someone will decipher it.

Check the stamp in black ink near the bottom on the side. Post what it says and someone will decipher it.

04.6071 is what it reads on the bottle left of the front label.

That's the part number for the label. Look for the black ink on the bottle.

Are you on reddit?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!