What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got a bottle of Buffalo Trace, a single barrel expression selected my McKenna's in downtown Indianapolis. It was so good, even the bourbon Noobs, were raving. At $19.99 a bottle, ot felt like I was stealing.

A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be able, almost by divine intervention, to purchase a bottle of PVW15 and ORVW10/107 at retail price.

Imagine my surprise this morning to walk into a certain store this morning and find the following waiting for me:

1 X PVW20

1 X PVW15

1 X ORVW Lot B

And again, all at regular retail prices!!

Now if I could just find some GTS like that!!

Snagged a bottle of Pappy 20, Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection, and 3 bottles of Pappy 15. Today is a good day.

Found a handle of WSR with the old paper label. Gotta love it when old stores move and dig up long-lost inventory!

Picked up a bottle of ETL to have on hand. Some of the bigger stores in my area are low on stock or completely out.

JPS 18 - delicious

Bernheim Wheat - didn't like the 1st pour - 2nd was better

At a liquor barn in Lexington yesterday and I have to say either all the good bourbons are in the back or have been gone for awhile. The only thing I passed on was mellow corn. MC may be the ugliest bottle I've ever seen. I had two bags to check and MC would have been bottle #9 and I still had a few shops in Knoxville to visit before flying back to CA. I'm glad I didn't do the MC.

I got 1 bottle in KY and 8 in TN. So, I didn't meet the 10 bottle requirement but my Visa is heavier soaking up $600.

In the end, I didn't leave anything I wish I had at red dot, the thoroughbred shop, shenanigan's, capital cellars, go big blue, shryock's or Marshall's.

Today in Knoxville, I left a vintage 23 rye, JP18 and a handy.

Bought a DEPs 1792 and a WSR7. Saw a few WT rye 101s in NKY $19-20ish, but I'm pretty well stocked up on that.

The only bourbon I picked up was OGD 114, but I also picked up Dickel No 8, and No 12, and a bottle of Collinwood.

Not bourbon, but bought the following this weekend:

1 bottle of WT 101 Rye, which is very tasty.

1 liter older bottle of Colonel Lee Premium Light Whiskey, purely due to curiosity.

I've been traveling in and around Bourbon Country, VA (unfortunately, not Fredericksburg), TN and KY. Here is a picture of my good finds which all were purchased in TN. I bought a few other bottles that are KY only buys too but, eh...

IMG_1285.pdf

I picked up another EWSB '00 ( 3 more magically appeared on the shelf at the store:cool: :cool: ) and then stopped by Merchant's Package and picked up a FR1B that the owner selected for a deal @ $32.99. Also bought a sample of JBB, JB DC and a 375 mL of BT bc I was craving a little taste!:grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!