What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How is GTS Brown 100?

I don't think it's going to blow anyone away, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it with Halifax last weekend. Definitely a lot of corn, but I also picked up some cherry and nutty flavors on the palate. For $20 per 1.75 liters it's worth having around.

Sku also seems to like it.

After 2.5 months of medicaly forced abandonement of all alcohol, I purchased WTRB and Van Winkle 12 yr Lot B.

After 2.5 months of medicaly forced abandonement of all alcohol, I purchased WTRB and Van Winkle 12 yr Lot B.

Welcome back and enjoy!

Welcome back, enjoy those pours!

I ordered a TPS AB #11, thanks to an SBer for updating the status of TPS website.

Nabbed a bottle of the Bowman #11 along with a bottle of EC 18, as the word around here seems to be that it may be going away, at least for a bit.

Luckily checked TPS website this afternoon and nabbed an AB 11.

Told a friend 8 left; he hesitated; it's all gone now.

Nabbed a bottle of the Bowman #11 along with a bottle of EC 18, as the word around here seems to be that it may be going away, at least for a bit.

What did you hear? I heard that the barrels used for EC18 *single barrel* edition (not all EC18) would be going away (temporarily) in deference of the EC20.

What did you hear? I heard that the barrels used for EC18 *single barrel* edition (not all EC18) would be going away (temporarily) in deference of the EC20.

All EC18 is 1B. There is no such thing as a non-1B EC18.

That's what I was referring to.

OGD 114 to give it a taste, and to make some bourbon Manhattans. At $20/bottle, it's cheap enough to experiment with. I've found it at exactly one store along my usual routes around the Boston area.

WTKS with a smooth dark brown cap, my first "semi-dusty", also added to the WTKS Versions thread. I'm looking forward to tasting this one!

3 John J. Bowman Loch & Key 14yr SB bottles along with a Four Roses Paws & Claws OBSK showed up at my house yesterday! Love that OBSK and I can NEVER get enough of it...quite possibly my favorite FR bottle! :cool:

Welcome back, Marc!

Picked up a FR Mariage 2009 this past weekend for the bunker.

Interesting how those 2009 Mariages have come to market again....:skep: I got one a few weeks ago too.

Picked up a FR Mariage 2009 this past weekend for the bunker.
Interesting how those 2009 Mariages have come to market again.... I got one a few weeks ago too.

Me too, look what I found! I have been waiting patiently for the 2009s. The 2012 is outstanding.

15qtdoh.jpg

Wow, my FR LE 2012 1B is 57.2%. That's some wild variance in proof, barrel-to-barrel.

Me too, look what I found! I have been waiting patiently for the 2009s. The 2012 is outstanding.

I picked up Bernhiem Wheat Whiskey after work. That's another one I had wondered about after reading sort of mixed reviews. Now that they've dropped the price a bit, the curiousity got the better of me. I'm liking it, but not blown away. I will be interested to see if it changes after sitting in the cabinet minus a few generous pours.

Snagged a bottle of Bulleit Rye. Will give it a taste tonight.

delivery from TPS: A Bowman

Open it! I want...I need to know how it is. Unrelated, but I'm a bit disappointed with the new extended neck Bowman bottles. It just looks odd.

It's a heavy week for me. 9 days in Italy, now back in CA and I have 5 new bottles to try:

Willet 5 year Rye

WhistlePig

Rittenhouse 100

OGD BIB

WTRB

Going to be a good night!

Found a bottle of 2011 Stagg still on the shelf for $64. The time between seeing it and being in my hand was about 3 seconds!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!