What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A big 'ol burnt corner of the brownie pan pour of OGD 114. There are few places on this planet that you can get such decadent lucsiousness for $22...

True enough, I can't get it for under $25:grin:

I'm having some Bulleit, followed by some Ritt BiB. The Bulleit is good but it suffers from its likeness to 4RSmB and SB. It doesn't quite measure up.

Edited by Brisko

Four Roses TPS OESQ. Delicious stuff.

FR OBSK Binny's PS,pouring on the spice tonight.I need to revisit the bottle more often.

Bidding a fond fairwell to what turned out to be a profitable week with a BHC I.W. Harper 15 yr. I'm always so pleasantly surprised with how good this whiskey is, on the few times that I actually pour it. Very flavorful for an 80 proofer. Nice dried flowery thing over the palate, and a surprisingly long finish. Not tannic at all, considering its advanced age. It's the red-headed stepchild of the BHC for sure, but it's no donkey.

Second the GTS. Been a long couple of weeks, enjoying just hanging on the couch with the dog snoring at my feet.

B

Hit some Frankfort ER101 to start the evening and I'm following that up with some unchill filtered Mckenna BIB selected by East Bay Study Group...one of the best Mckenna bottles that I've had the opportunity to have!

Started off with WT101 then cracked open my bottle of 2002 EWSB. Very good stuff. Finished the night with Ardbeg 10yo. Excellent stuff all around,

Bidding a fond fairwell to what turned out to be a profitable week with a BHC I.W. Harper 15 yr. I'm always so pleasantly surprised with how good this whiskey is, on the few times that I actually pour it. Very flavorful for an 80 proofer. Nice dried flowery thing over the palate, and a surprisingly long finish. Not tannic at all, considering its advanced age. It's the red-headed stepchild of the BHC for sure, but it's no donkey.

I had some FR1B in the afternoon from the bottle I stashed at my MIL's. Later, at home, I reached for some PHC6, whose sweet spot I am still trying to find. Then, L'ville WSR weighed in with some terrifically floral Werther's notes. Stepped down in proof yet again with Caribou Crossing, a Canadian 1B with a rich palate and a spicy finish greatly mellowed by delicate grain.

JTS Brown BIB while watching the Jets-Indy game. Delicious affordable whiskey that I wish was easier to get around here.

Setting up the outdoor Halloween decorations this afternoon while listening to the Falcons on the radio, and it just seemed right to go with a corn whiskey. Dixie Dew in the glass worked perfectly.

Thanks to the thread about the new Russell's Reserve, some WT 8 year export. This is a great pour. Like someone said in the RR thread, this is everything a Turkey should be. So much more barrel influence than the standard 101, but everything I like about the 101 is still there.

I hope it's still in the duty free shops the next time I get a chance to make an international flight, because that's just a fantastic deal.

That GTS was so good on Friday . . . it made me wonder how my new bottle (2009 GTS) would compare to my opened bottle (2010 GTS). Was happy to find them quite comparable (although since my 2010 is down to a quarter bottle, it may not be "apples to apples" to bump it against one unopened until this evening). Glad to know that there isn't any stark difference in the two - not that I expected one.

Going with some 2012 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon after the "debate".

Can you offer any tasting notes or thoughts on this years expression? I haven't heard anything about it and I'm touch and go with the Birthday Bourbon. Let us know! Thanks

Sipping on OWA 107, making hard rock candy, in preparation for some homemade Rock & Rye this week.

Enjoying a nice pour of PVW20 after a great anniversary dinner with the wife.

Jersey, happy anniversary!

I enjoyed a hefty pour of OWA and Taylor Tornado. Quality pours different at places on the BT price spectrum.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!