What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I grabbed a PHC 2012 (Thanks Joe) and a EC 20 (Thanks Sam) while in Atlanta. Today I swung by and picked up a Blantons, JDSB, Evan Williams Egg Nog, and some pumpkin pie cream liqueur.

Don't judge me.

Judge you? Only if you DON'T bring the EW Egg Nog to the next GBS meeting :-) That sounds awesome!

While in Chicago on a business trip I picked up: PHC 2012, EH Taylor SB, VOB bib, Ritt bib, Angel's Envy, and Larceny. That's a big haul for me. Usually I just buy a bottle at a time to replenish my stock.

I kept telling myself that I'd pass on the BTAC this year, but I finally broke down and purchased a 2012 WLW.

Picked up a CEHT Taylor Tornado yesterday. It was an okay price $65, but my best friend had a death in her family this week so I thought the bourbon and story behind it would be a nice sentiment.

Picked up some Evan Williams Black Label last night, and some Jim Beam Black Cherry for summer cocktails...

Evan Williams 2002 SBV. It was silky and very good-tasting, so I went back and got another from the same barrel. Way better than many bourbons double and more the price IMO.

This is a second best (close second) to the best bourbon I bought this year, actually in years, Ancient Ancient Age 10 years old, which cost $18.00 in Bardstown. The EW SBV was only $28.00 in upper New York State.

Gary

Today came out with a pretty good haul. $160 for six bottles. Can't wait to start cracking them open since I haven't tried any of them yet.

Evan Williams Black

2002 Evan Williams SBV

ETL Single Barrel

Buffalo Trace

WTRB

EC12

Nice purchases, William.

I'm never without a bottle of EWB. ETL is great, I wish I could say the same thing about it but it's not easy for me to get. BT and EC12 are also pretty frequent pours for me.

WTRB is the prize of your selections though, IMO. Let me know what you think of it! I think you'll appreciate it, it's pretty rye-forward.

I kept telling myself that I'd pass on the BTAC this year, but I finally broke down and purchased a 2012 WLW.

what he said

Gary

I came home today to find a box with a PHC 2012 (bastards limited me to one bottle), EHT Rye, High West Campfire, and a bottle of Larceny. I am currently having a pour of the Larceny as I type this.

FRSB from the gift shop. On a related note, very impressed with the new facility. Glad to see they actually sell three different choices in the gift shop instead of just one.

FRSB from the gift shop. On a related note, very impressed with the new facility. Glad to see they actually sell three different choices in the gift shop instead of just one.

Interesting...when I went to BT they had BT, ER, Blanton's, Bourbon Creme, White Dog, and....RAIN Vodka. Seems like these were year round offerings.

PHC 2012 x3

Old Forester Prohibition repeal set for $9.99... Might go buy a couple more as I would like a few more glencairns

Interesting...when I went to BT they had BT, ER, Blanton's, Bourbon Creme, White Dog, and....RAIN Vodka. Seems like these were year round offerings.

Maybe i've just had a couple of bad days there. Once last fall and once again this spring, only BT and Bourbon Creme. Which had me baffled given how open they are about all the great brands they bottle. I had hoped to pick up ETL or ER the days i visited and ended up at my local liquor store in Louisville in order to buy.

My wife kindly picked up an ERSB for me today. I've really enjoyed the last few bottles I've had and look forward to cracking this one open tonight while I roast a bunch of hot peppers over hickory.

Cheers!

Took a quick trip to TPS this morning :

'12 PHC

'12 FR LE SmB

AB 1B 18 yr

'12 FRSB LE

Weller 12 & Antique

Larceny

Mellow Corn

And many bottles of Ryan's for my winter coffee

I live in a control state (Oregon), and the limited release stuff can be really hard to get here. However, I got sent to Madison, WI last week for work -- just in time for the 2012 BTAC release! I ended up with 2 WLW, 1 Saz 18, and 1 FRSmB LE 2012. I would have loved to have picked up a Stagg, and I saw several, but at 142 proof it's considered hazardous material by the FAA, so I could not have legally brought on the plane (even in a checked bag.) I was also tempted by a bottle of Smooth Ambler 19 year, but I figured I had probably indulged as much as my wife would forebear. All the bottles made it back fine, wrapped up in my clothes. Really happy with the haul, should tide me over for a long time. Can't wait to try 'em!

Sorry, Madisonites, to have absconded with that rare bottle of Saz 18.

had a business trip to Louisville, so i visited Woodford and BT. Got a woodford 200th and a 137 derby, and a bottle of BT cream, wish they sold it everywhere. its great.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!