What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As requested, here are some photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14362[/ATTACH]

Steve

how old is this bottle? And any tasting notes? I almost picked up one of these at the BHC recently but went for the new PHC instead. Just curious as I've heard great things about these bottlings.

Today I finally got PHC 6th Edition! So to my Dallas/FT folks...it's gotta be at your store somewhere. I had to inquire about it as it wasn't on the shelf. I left two others behind.

I also got a 350ml of OWA with the 7yr AS.

A bottle of Willett Family Estate 6yr (119 proof)

A bottle of Rittenhouse Rye BIB for the bunker.

And...a bottle of Henry McKenna 10yr Single Barrel BIB for the helluvit. Not a bad pour actually.

QQ: Does anyone know where Willett is sourcing their Family Estate stuff the 6 and 7 year? I tasted the 7 year yesterday and I cracked open my new 6 year today and BOTH whiskeys numb the inside of my mouth. GTS and WLW do not do this...but these Willetts do O_O

Is the Willett rye or bourbon?

Bourbon 6 yr. I do have the 5 yr rye too

Hmm. I've had both the 4 and 5 year ryes and the 5 in particular is very tannic and numbing. And, i've hears similar comments about other KBD products (particularly Kentucky Vintage and Pure Kentucky XO). I wonder if this is reflects their preferences or if it's more of a coincidence.

As requested, here are some photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14362[/ATTACH]

No one will get this but the Bourbon Heritage Center in Bardstown.

Unless you score GBS barrel #2

Just bought my first BIBs...Old Heaven Hill and Very Old Barton. Both of these knock the socks off Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. Wow!

Picked up a few bottles recently.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14365[/ATTACH]

Nice pick up, figured I would quote it so we can have another look at that good looking bourbon. That PHC from this year is very tasty.

Best regards,

Tony

Just bought my first BIBs...Old Heaven Hill and Very Old Barton. Both of these knock the socks off Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. Wow!

Those are both great BIB's George. If you like BIB's, EW BIB is another one you might want to try. Hopefully it's available in your area. Cheers! Joe

Those are both great BIB's George. If you like BIB's, EW BIB is another one you might want to try. Hopefully it's available in your area. Cheers! Joe

Thanks for the tip, Joe. Actually, NONE of them are available in my area. I wish they were. I just got back from a trip down to Waco, TX. When I stopped back by a dealer here in my area, I found out he can't even ORDER either of these, nor can he order the EW BIB. He CAN get Old Granddad BIB, and JW Dant. I was so disappointed. I wish I had bought all the guy in Waco had, now. :banghead:

1 2012 GTS, 1 WLW. Maybe I'll come across more, maybe not, but I'm happy to have one of each.

QQ is the VOB the 6yr BIB?

Definition of a good day:

1 x 2009 Parker's Heritage Golden Anniversary

1 x 2012 Four Roses Single barrel OESK

1 x 2010 William Larue Weller 126.6 proof

Rob

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!