What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2012 THH Rye

There were 2 more left at this Atlanta retailer, PM me and I'll be happy to provide info if you're looking.

Willett 5yr rye today, barrel 61. Hoping this is as good as the 4yr barrel that I was quite found of, and still have a stash of also.

Still the best young rye on the market hands down.

B

I didn't have much luck finding rye. I did find Old Forester 100 proof with the new label (for the first time). I remeber when BT changed the Weller labels. Some people thought the first new package stuff was extra good. The new OF did seem like a better bottle to me. I also picked up an Old Fitz BIB, and a Dant BIB :grin:

During my short stay in Chicagoland, I procured a handle of Larceny and two Jefferson's Presidential Select 18 year from the South Loop Binny's!

4 x PHC 6th in Denver, now have to hope they survive the flight to Dallas

What was the proof on the bottles you picked up? Thanks.

What was the proof on the bottles you picked up? Thanks.

Made it home safely.

they are 131.6 proof (legal to fly)

Finally tracked down some BTAC.....in Montana.

It goes like this: My brother-in-law in Georgia found a liquor store in Montana that claimed to have some BTAC. I called to confirm my desired quantities (2 GTS, 2 SAZ, 1 Handy, 1 WLW). I then sent $$ through paypal to my co worker's daughter (who just moved to Montana) and she is going to pick it up and drive it to me in San Diego when she comes out for Thanksgiving.

Simple.

I'm done searching, now for the waiting. Will make a great bday present for myself when it finally arrives.

Picked up a bottle of Pendelton 1910 rye. One and only bottle I have seen here so couldn't pass it up. Seems every time I go shopping I see a new bottle around. Selection here is getting better by the day.

This cannot be accurate. They don't break up cases, so that would mean there were only 8 cases to your enormous state. So your store got at least two cases, leaving the other 6 cases to divvied up between all the stores in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, etc.

What he probably meant was that his distributor got 24 bottles. Or maybe he meant 24 cases.

Picked up another bottle of JPS 18 this time batch 7 and lookit, a real cork! O_O

Also finally picked up a bottle of Booker's (slightly dusty from 08' or 09') It's Batch C03-A-29 63.95% (127.9 proof) and is 7years on the nose. Has an amazing vanilla caramel nose O_O

Templeton Rye. Never tried it but planning on it tonite.

Edited by Mickbourbon

Several of each of the following split amongst friends GTS,THH,ER17 and WLW all 2012's the Saz 18 still remains elusive around these parts.

Got a bottle of OGD 114 from my wife as an early sweetest day present yesterday. Then last night we had a couple over for dinner and the husband brought over a bottle of....OGD 114!! Two in one day!!!

Well....1 and a quarter....we put a hurtin' on that second bottle last night. :icon_pidu:

Now broke...but happy....all 2012 editions:

WLW - 1

GTS - 2

Saz 18 -1

Plenty of Handys & ER17 still around...next payday perhaps...if wife allows me to live to collect another pay period...lol

Just got back from a short stay in Ky. I picked up the following whiskey: Willett 21 year, Willett 8 year, Town Branch, Hancock's Reserve, Old Taylor, BTEC Oats, BTEC Rice, BTEC Wheat on Rye II, Four Roses Gift Shop selection (17 years OBSV), Black Maple Hill, Evan Willaim 1783, Johnny Drum Private Stock, Ancient Ancient Age 10 year, Sazerac Rye, High West 36th vote barreled Manhattan, Willett Rye 4 year, High West Campfire, George Dickel Cascade Hollow, OYO Whiskey, and many other non whiskey items.

All of the above and threw in a FR Sm B 2012 for good measure.

Now broke...but happy....all 2012 editions:

WLW - 1

GTS - 2

Saz 18 -1

Plenty of Handys & ER17 still around...next payday perhaps...if wife allows me to live to collect another pay period...lol

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!