What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I keep looking at this, but always end up with something else. I'm always scared of inconsistency of their bottlings, maybe I just need to pull the trigger.

I know what you mean. It comes with the territory with KBD, I guess. But, this one was good enough that I'll take a chance and go for another dip. :toast: Here's to hoping we're both lucky!

Since I have a head-cold, I'm keeping it simple with this bland OGD114. Better this than waste my diminished tasting capacity on the the better bottles in my cabinet.

I'm drinking WT 101. Just cracked this bottle I didn't know I had. My friend gave this bottle when we were graduating from college in 1999. She "decorated" the bottle by cutting out words and phrases from magazines and laquored them on. It got tucked away at my parents house over the years and I assumed my dad drank it, I didn't even know it was still around. Well my folks found it and brought it to me recently. Pretty appropriate since I've developed this bourbon hobby over the last few months. It's just a plain old bottle of Turkey but it brings back so many memories. The girl who made it for me has had severe health problems over the past 3 years and it is a reminder to the past and present. Cheers.

I keep looking at this, but always end up with something else. I'm always scared of inconsistency of their bottlings, maybe I just need to pull the trigger.

Here's what I've come up with, in regards to KBD standard bottlings.

Love Johnny Drum Private Stock. Great everyday pour. And I happen to like Pure Kentucky just because it's a freaky outlier. As for the rest, I take a big pass, outside of the dusty Vintage series and Willett single barrel bottlings, which I'm always up for.

Late ND era Old Taylor. I finally found some, and may I say, everyone was right. I was almost jumping for joy when I found it, and the proof is in the glass. Delicious!!!:cool:

Moved to rye whiskey tonight. First pour was the 2012 BTAC Sazerac, second pour was the BTAC Handy Very nice change of pace. Ive been focused on wheaters lately so these are a big change for me.

Enjoying them very much

Kahn's EC12 from '11, this has been shelved for quite awhile, three or so consecutive pours missing the mark. Fingers crossed tonight.

2005 OFBB. Might have to drink this whole bottle over the next two weeks or so, it's that good.

Off from both jobs tomorrow so I'm doing a pour each tonight of these...

W12

ER17

FR OBSO

RHF

MM

Willett 7 yr

All while watching the Penguins come from behind and beat the Flyers. Good game.

getting at some more FRSBLE12. i am just starting to hit the sweet spot on this bottle because wow does this get better with every pour. i am having to reevaluate my original decision to not get extra bottles for the bunker. luckily some still available in the wild

And after all that i ended up having another pour of the FR OBSO. Thought about doing the FR OBSK but the OBSO is really agreeing with me lately.. As in tonight. Haha.

On a side note the Willett 7yr isn't sitting with me very well lately. Really high fusel alcohol notes with a taste of bananas and kerosene.

ETL for me too. It had been a while since I picked up a new bottle and now I'm wondering why. I guess the stockpile got in the way, but this stuff sure is good and the price is right.

Thank you Sir for not saying "Cheesy Gold Foil" because that is blasphemous to use such a pharse when speaking of this fine bourbon.

I confess that I've used that phrase in the past. Not anymore, thanks Oscar for getting be straight. (That's what brothers are for.)

WT12 Gold Foil is absolutely fabulous.

This morning a bit of GTS 141.8. Powerful. Now, on to breakfast.

This morning a bit of GTS 141.8. Powerful. Now, on to breakfast.

Jeez, Will. Are you any relation to Keith Richards? That's a mighty pre-breakfast pour!:grin:

let's see. Started with a small snort of OGD 114 before supper. Afterwards, had a HH BiB/Dickel Rye vatting. Moved on to OWA. Then a small pour of RHF. ended with a touch of Knob Single barrel. a good night.

Got invited out to dinner last night, had to do some walking in the wet snow/rain. I checked out the bourbons on offer at the restaurant & as usual ordered something I had never had before. Knob Creek Single Barrel, neat. So with the snow melting in what's left of my hair I sipped this & started feeling better immediately. I didn't find out until this am when I looked it up that the KCSB is 120 proof. No wonder I shook off that chill. Very enjoyable.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!