What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little Four Roses Single Barrel in a Four Roses glass.

Been on a bit of a FRSB kick myself lately. Extraordinarily good whiskey for under $35 and a pleasure to drink each and every time.

Drinking a George T Stagg now...found 4 bottles sitting on the shelf at a store. They looked lonely, so I adopted them.

You found 4 GTS and 4 4R LE SmB? Today is your very lucky, albeit expensive, day.

Barton Manhattan with lunch, using less bitters now than previously, more inclined to add a touch of some tart liqueur.

your preferred ratio of rye to vermouth, please?

Rock Hill Farms for me tonight. I have been a laggard in recognizing the beauty of this whiskey. It has been hitting me as so elegant, silky, and balanced. I find it well worth the $50 that I pay for it. I had 1 bottle in like, forever. Now, I'm on my 3rd in 12 months. OK, the last one was a gift...;) But, I'll be buying it regularly, regardless. Or, with my luck, they'll decide to discontinue it, and I'll have to add these to the bunker, too! :rolleyes:

Rock Hill Farms for me tonight. I have been a laggard in recognizing the beauty of this whiskey. It has been hitting me as so elegant, silky, and balanced. I find it well worth the $50 that I pay for it. I had 1 bottle in like, forever. Now, I'm on my 3rd in 12 months. OK, the last one was a gift...;) But, I'll be buying it regularly, regardless. Or, with my luck, they'll decide to discontinue it, and I'll have to add these to the bunker, too! :rolleyes:

Second night with EC 12. I had this a couple years ago and it was awful. Bad bottle?? But I gave it a second chance and it was night and day difference. Very nice flavor. I could easily make this a regular pour.

Completely agree, Joe. I feel like this one doesn't get the love it deserves. One of my favorites.

I think RHF is an excellent whiskey. For me though it's not a $50 whiskey. I'd buy a lot more of it in the $30-$35 range. Until then I'll just pick up ETL.

The wife decided it would be a good idea to open a dusty Cream of Kentucky blended whiskey, boy was she wrong.. To forget about that we are downing some cognac finished PHC

The wife decided it would be a good idea to open a dusty Cream of Kentucky blended whiskey, boy was she wrong.. To forget about that we are downing some cognac finished PHC

On the bright side, now you have something to mix with soda.

On the bright side, now you have something to mix with soda.

Even better yet mixing it with soda would not change the sodas flavor, as the COfK is the most tasteless whiskey I have had the displeasure to taste, at least it wasn't offensive

A fellow SBer has demanded that I open and taste my bottle of OFBB '05 despite having too many bottles open already. Damn you SB.com!

Even better yet mixing it with soda would not change the sodas flavor, as the COfK is the most tasteless whiskey I have had the displeasure to taste, at least it wasn't offensive

Ahh...brown vodka. I can't even remember the last time I tried an undrinkable whiskey aside from a corked bottle of 1970s Old Forester.

I'm on Elmer T. Lee "Taoism"

It's okay. A little musty. Not quite what it was the first time I tried it.

A fellow SBer has demanded that I open and taste my bottle of OFBB '05 despite having too many bottles open already. Damn you SB.com!

Shhhhhh. I'm trying to get my hands on a bottle or two of this.

It sucks, right? ;)

Just as bad as OGD 114! Don't feed it to your worst enemy. :)

Like I've said before, my avatar is for ironic enjoyment purposes only :skep::cool::grin:

Just as bad as OGD 114! Don't feed it to your worst enemy. :)

Like I've said before, my avatar is for ironic enjoyment purposes only :skep::cool::grin:

It's actually not quite as bad as OGD114.

I'm sipping some Larceny for the first time. Like it a lot. Wish I could get it here, I'd definitely buy a bottle. Two if it weren't expensive.

Tonight I revisited a bottle of Weller Sp Reserve. It's been sitting at just a little over 1/2 full for 6 weeks or so. This one is really hitting the spot. I think I got a good bottle. I have a feeling I will finish this before before my current bottle of OWA/Weller12 blend. This was a great use of $11.

For the 2nd night in a row I had Mastersons Rye. I REALLY like it! I'm finishing up with a Jeffersons Pres 18

Last night I opened a bottle of Four Roses Barrel Strength OBSV (Binny's Select). It was nice but I did not like it as much as the OESO I opened over the weekend. I could really taste the higher rye content which produced a spicier flavor & mouth feel with less of the vanilla and fruity flavors I enjoyed in the OESO.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!