What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with the last of a bottle of Bulleit, and then moved on to my Weller 12/OWA mix.

just a little glass of Buffalo Trace 2011 Experimental Collection, Rediscovered Barrels 1989 to make me sleep well tonight.

I did FR OBSO and RHF then my first pour ever of Bakers at a bar. It's ok IMO. It was on my list to pick up but probably not anymore. Especially for the price.

Started with a glass of baby Saz and then round out the evening with the last bit from the bottle of FR SmB LE 12.

With my dog by my side on the couch and my 3 month old asleep in my arms, my small corner of the world was at peace.

B

Started with a glass of baby Saz and then round out the evening with the last bit from the bottle of FR SmB LE 12.

With my dog by my side on the couch and my 3 month old asleep in my arms, my small corner of the world was at peace.

B

Sounds good, B. :toast:

I was bouncing around the bunker last night, but I kept going back to a newly purchased bottle of Dickel Rye.

Sounds good, B. :toast:

I was bouncing around the bunker last night, but I kept going back to a newly purchased bottle of Dickel Rye.

Ain't it just like you, always going back to your little Dickel?:grin: Me, I bopped around from Virginia Gentleman 90 to ER 10/101 and finished up with RR 10/101 while jamming way, way too loud on the Allman Brothers and Ten Years After. Good night of solo drinking!

Making breakfast for the kids, I decided to have a little ND Old Taylor. Don't judge me.

Ken, while that Pappy is nice, it's the mountain of wine and champagne corks behind it that grabbed my attention!

since you brought it up (was wondering if anyone would notice; good eye:bigeyes:)

IMG_20130309_102201_465_zps934f3ad6.jpg

Making breakfast for the kids, I decided to have a little ND Old Taylor. Don't judge me.

It's not scrambled into their eggs, is it? Otherwise, you're good to go!

It's not scrambled into their eggs, is it? Otherwise, you're good to go!

:lol: Nope. They get the pancakes, I get the Old Taylor.

:lol: Nope. They get the pancakes, I get the Old Taylor.

Hmm. The bourbon-flavored pancake with molasses. That might actually be good.

Old Fashioned with White Beam. Good after a long week. Finished with Woodford over one lonely cube. Above my pay grade but tastey.

Luncheon cocktail with Barton, triple sec, orange juice and a splash of grenadine.

Old Fashioned with White Beam. Good after a long week. Finished with Woodford over one lonely cube. Above my pay grade but tastey.

Maybe give a try to Old Forester Signature, very similar to Woodford but much better value and higher proof.

Second the Signature recommendation. I've tried Woodford out of curiosity but don't find it twice as good as Forester.

Binny's new barrel of OBSK is tha bomb. Darkly spicy and floral with rich sweet caramel towards the finish that dries up too quickly. Ok, the finish is lacking, but otherwise this is a damn good representation of FR.

Unfortunately, I have to retract this a bit. The last two times I've revisited this, it has not lived up to my initial enjoyment. Last night, the fruit and spice were there, but they were held together by a chalky aspartame sweetness that I do not enjoy. Hopefully I'll come back around to it.

Everyone's favorite to start off: OGD114

Long day with sub-3 y.o. sick boys... the edge is about to no longer exist.

OGD 114 here, too. For me, it's just medication for my pathetic self after my first run in 6 weeks. The flu sux.

OC 10, purchased at LCBO in Toronto. Thin, acidic, disappointing.

I added 15% (to the bottle) EWSB 2002 and now it is much better!

Gary

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!