What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OC 10, purchased at LCBO in Toronto. Thin, acidic, disappointing.

I added 15% (to the bottle) EWSB 2002 and now it is much better!

Gary

Gary, I know you're the master vatter, but how did you come up with 15%?

stagg, but 143 is a little too hot for me, might need some water in this guy. otherwise i wont feel my tongue for the rest of the night

Started with 1792 this afternoon. Very nice way to enjoy a snowy day. Now on ERSB. Life is good (and getting better :-) ).

Started with what I left off with last night, a local retailer's superb bottling of regular 4RSB from 2 years ago. Now an interlude with baby Saz and then...:grin:.

Phil, the OC 10 was 85% full and I reached the limit of dissatisfaction, so I topped the bottle with the EWSB 2012. Actually, after a I took a sip from it, I felt it needed more EW so I added a little extra splash and then it was as perfect as I can get it I think. It wasn't random though, I felt that 15% EW was about what was right to diffuse its "extra" woodiness through the leaner OC. I never really liked that particular bottle of EWSB, it was too tannic IMO so now I've got a full bottle of a blend which is better than either IMO.

Thanks for your comments about master vatting! I do have fun with it anyway. :)

Gary

Finished the night with 4R Small Batch. Still rally liking the Jeffersons. Starting to be worth the $100 I plopped down for it :-)

GTS'11 had to open this up after being quite disappointed in my '12 bottle,definitely no qualms about this decision.

Me too, some Barton in the coffee while making breakfast. The dog just sat there with his head cocked as if to say, "ya know it's still dark outside don't 'ca".

The neighbor and I took advantage of some early Spring like weather yesterday. We spent the day draining and dismantling his backyard ice rink and then spent the evening around his fire pit doing the same to a pewter WTKS from 2001 and a PHC wheated.

It is 62 and sunny today. Not sure what's next on the bourbon agenda.

...Not sure what's next on the bourbon agenda.

After an evening of drinking of stellar whiskey, whatever you chose, you're going to have to go big. :cool:

Me too, some Barton in the coffee while making breakfast. The dog just sat there with his head cocked as if to say, "ya know it's still dark outside don't 'ca".

I made espresso and there was no room in the cup. I'm making up for that now with a few dollops of VOB BiB. Late night this morning, and more than the coffee, the bourbon is helping to uncross my eyes...

I just got home from driving 6 hours in the pouring rain. The thought of some Elmer got me through the last 2 hours.

The thought is now reality.

Wanted something that I could post about. Parker's Heritage 1st Edition. Now thats Bourbon!!!

I put it in the "Barrel proof bourbon" thread.

post-9455-14489818706153_thumb.jpg

post-9455-14489818706153_thumb.jpg

Meruck, you've inspired me. I'll add this tremendous bottling to the "Barrel Proof Bourbon" thread as well, but I've switched to it now.

Bought last July at the 4R distillery gift shop. AGAIG IMO.

label1_zps84a17c6a.jpglabel2_zpsa28d2b64.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!